Regal Princess pools

Scrappygrrl

Hi all - I've looked online but I am a little confused about the pools on the Regal. Which pools are family pools and which are adult only? Is there a "pay" area for adults as well as a "free" area for adults? Hot tubs, are some adult only?

Do the pools/hot tubs close at a certain time each night?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all - I've looked online but I am a little confused about the pools on the Regal. Which pools are family pools and which are adult only? Is there a "pay" area for adults as well as a "free" area for adults? Hot tubs, are some adult only?

Thanks in advance!

All pools are free. The Retreat Pool on deck 17 fwd is adults only and has 2 hot tubs. There isn't much shade there. The Fountain and Plunge pools are for all. There are 2 hot tubs by the Fountain Pool and 2 additional hot tubs on the deck above the Fountain Pool. There is a small Terrace Pool on deck 17 all the way aft. There are no hot tubs there. In parts of this area smoking is allowed. Outside of the Teen Center on the port side is a hot tub for teen use only. Can't comment on the hours of operation for pools.

The pay area for adults is the Sanctuary. This is a lounging area where you have your own reserved luxury lounge. Use of the Sanctuary is by reservation and cost $20/pp/half day, $40/pp/full day and $30/pp/full day if you reserve for the entire cruise. If interested visit the Sanctuary right after boarding. On warm weather cruises reservations fill quickly. Reservations can only be made on board. There is no pool in the Sanctuary.

There are some cabanas by the retreat pool for like six people. There is a cost to reserve them. It's high, but I don't know the exact cost.

There is also a Thermal Suite on deck 5 fwd which has a thermal pool. There is a cost to sign up for the thermal suite.

All pools are free. The Retreat Pool on deck 17 fwd is adults only and has 2 hot tubs. There isn't much shade there. The Fountain and Plunge pools are for all. There are 2 hot tubs by the Fountain Pool and 2 additional hot tubs on the deck above the Fountain Pool. There is a small Terrace Pool on deck 17 all the way aft. There are no hot tubs there. In parts of this area smoking is allowed. Outside of the Teen Center on the port side is a hot tub for teen use only. Can't comment on the hours of operation for pools.

The pay area for adults is the Sanctuary. This is a lounging area where you have your own reserved luxury lounge. Use of the Sanctuary is by reservation and cost $20/pp/half day, $40/pp/full day and $30/pp/full day if you reserve for the entire cruise. If interested visit the Sanctuary right after boarding. On warm weather cruises reservations fill quickly. Reservations can only be made on board. There is no pool in the Sanctuary.

There are some cabanas by the retreat pool for like six people. There is a cost to reserve them. It's high, but I don't know the exact cost.

There is also a Thermal Suite on deck 5 fwd which has a thermal pool. There is a cost to sign up for the thermal suite.

Would love to know more about the cabanas next to the pool. Can't find any info anywere...

This is what they look like. Can't remember the pricing.

To quote another post of yours: June 24th, 2014, 11:23 AM

There are cabanas around the Retreat pool on the Royal and Regal with super comfortable loungers and a covering. Depending on the angle of the sun, there may or may not be shade. Cost is $50/half day.

ICE COLD - that's what the main pools were on our last cruise, and I expect it to be the same on our upcoming sailing. Don't know why these pools are not heated, but if you do more than dangle your feet in them, prepare to be covered with gooseflesh. :eek:

Can only speak for the fountain pool and hot tubs on the lido deck. Both are open very late. People were still in both for the football games and MUTS. The deck usually clears off when the bar closes I think that was around midnight.