How Much from Port Liberty to JFK??

robin13

I can't say what shared transportation will cost, and companies like Super Shuttle (that I don't recommend anyway) don't pick up at Cape Liberty.

Fare for a private sedan from a company like Dial 7 http://www.dial7.com or Carmel Limo http://www.carmellimo.com should be in the $85 to $100 range plus tolls and tip. Figure on a total cost of about $125 to $140. If you search the internet you should be able to find coupons that will save a few dollars off the fare.

Well I don't want to pay that much as it is only me. How about Uber or a taxi?

That won't work well because you are crossing state lines and the fares are unregulated. You have to figure on at least a $14 tunnel toll plus tip. JFK is a long way from Bayonne.

Does RCL offer a transfer to JFK? The transfer to just Newark Airport is $28.50/pp and $55-65 for a taxi.

Public transit is an option, but it is complicated and time consuming.

Well this has gotten to complicated so I am just going to wait until the airfare drops from EWR- DFW. Celebrity doesn't offer any ground transportation to JFK so that is out. I knew there had to be a catch with that $93 one way fare. I looked at various car services but they all wanted over $100 and I am not paying that to go 30 miles. If I had someone to split it with that would be another matter but pretty much everyone is leaving from EWR.

Thankfully the cruise isn't until next April so I have plenty of time to scope out airfares.

There is no "catch" with the $90+ one-way car service fares quoted from Cape Liberty to JFK, plus the Holland Tunnel cash toll @ peak period is $15, and travel time with routine traffic is easily as much as 90 minutes to 2 hours, weather & road conditions permitting on a weekend ... allow extra time on weekday.

Depending on the airline & whether you have TSA Pre-Check or other priority status, even domestic security screening can be slow & time-consuming ... I run into that problem myself flying JetBlue at the JFK hub with pre-check, arriving 90 minutes before departure & still nearly missed our non-stop, DW & I were the last to board with the gate agent ready to close the flight, door shut & armed for departure 2 minutes after we stepped inside. In other words, please allow plenty of time to travel & reach you gate at JFK.

Subtract the car service costs getting to JFK and extra costs of time, it is well worth looking into flying out of EWR ... shared a ride and/or taxi/car service is EWR is cheaper, but they aren't exactly "bargain" priced either (you will definitely save lots of time & trim the risks in missing your flight due to unexpected surprises en route) United (UA) shifted (all ??) many of their flights from JFK to EWR this week - use your choice of online search engine to look for bargains, but no real "deals" yet ... not even on competitive routes @EWR among the carriers.

You should be on your X's Roll Call and see if there are others flying out of JFK, perhaps 4 or 5 people with reasonable # of luggages can share a mini-van ride from Dial7 or Carmel, and split the costs - making it somewhat affordable ($93 OW airfare is a bargain) ... everything else here in the metro NYC area is relatively, more expensive. BTW, a licensed taxi crossing state lines (going to JFK or LGA) will basically mean the passengers paying doubled fares (round trip) as the taxi will be going back empty - thus, car service is the practical choice. Avoid Super Shuttles ("Blue" vans) & alike, including - IMHO - those "ride-sharing" programs with their infamous "surge" pricing.

Time is money.

Edited by mking8288

Well this has gotten to complicated so I am just going to wait until the airfare drops from EWR- DFW. Celebrity doesn't offer any ground transportation to JFK so that is out. I knew there had to be a catch with that $93 one way fare. I looked at various car services but they all wanted over $100 and I am not paying that to go 30 miles. If I had someone to split it with that would be another matter but pretty much everyone is leaving from EWR.

Thankfully the cruise isn't until next April so I have plenty of time to scope out airfares.

30 miles is a lot in this area. We live in NJ very close to NYC, and when we visit family on LI, about 30 miles away, it always takes at least an hour, and longer if there is traffic.

30 miles is a lot in this area. We live in NJ very close to NYC, and when we visit family on LI, about 30 miles away, it always takes at least an hour, and longer if there is traffic.

I've driven in the Frisco area of Texas while traveling on business. Absolutely no comparison to NYC. I'd at least double if not triple any drive time estimates when comparing Frisco to NYC, particularly when negotiating JFK Airport as part of the process. I was in JFK on Sunday - no comparison to DFW.