Coffee card on B2B-brewed coffee for duration?

tabprincess

We are booked on a B2B cruise on Emerald Princess for 14 days. We booked as a 14 day cruise so that we would get maximum military benefits and the same stateroom for both legs. Because this could have been booked as two 7 day cruises, will a coffee card be good for the whole 14 days for the brewed coffee? I know how it works for the punches (good forever), I'm just wondering about the brewed coffee.

I would appreciate any response from someone who has experienced this.

Thank you!

We recently did a back to back on the Emerald and the card was good for brewed coffee the entire trip. In fact we had a card from a previous Emerald cruise

and we were given brewed coffee until we used up the punches on that and bought another one,

We tried using a card from a previous cruise for brewed coffee and we were refused.

Good to know the one we purchase this time will be good for the full 14 days.

Thanks!

Don't count on it!

The previous poster was very lucky. The right thing to do is get a new card for the second cruise. But, some people have problems doing the right thing.

Either way, you may get lucky or you may be refused.

On all our past b2b logical cruises we mentioned when purchasing the card that we booked the cruise as a single cruise. The card was marked that way and we never had any issue. Our past experience may or may not project the future. But, if I had any issue I would bring it to the attention of passenger services. After all you did book as a single cruise.

We tried using a card from a previous cruise for brewed coffee and we were refused.

Good to know the one we purchase this time will be good for the full 14 days.

Thanks!

If you have any problem, ask to speak to a supervisor.

If you are not changing cabins, your cruise card should show the start date and end date of your B2B as proof you are on a single cruise.

We recently did a back to back on the Emerald and the card was good for brewed coffee the entire trip. In fact we had a card from a previous Emerald cruise

and we were given brewed coffee until we used up the punches on that and bought another one,

With the current coffee card, the unlimited fresh-brewed is good for the cruise purchased on, even if all of the punches are used up.

On all our past b2b logical cruises we mentioned when purchasing the card that we booked the cruise as a single cruise. The card was marked that way and we never had any issue. Our past experience may or may not project the future. But, if I had any issue I would bring it to the attention of passenger services. After all you did book as a single cruise.

Thanks! This is what we will do. Hopefully, they will not give us any problem.

I'm just off a B2B on the Emerald. You can use the same coffee card for both cruises for the brewed coffee and special teas. It's not "cheating". My cruise card was marked Oct. 3rd through Oct. 24th. Even though I bought it as two cruises (and got two cruise credits) it was one cruise on my cruise card.

With the current coffee card, the unlimited fresh-brewed is good for the cruise purchased on, even if all of the punches are used up.

Not always. We just got off the Royal. When our punches were used up on our coffee card we still have about 2 days to go until the end of the cruise. The guy at the coffee bar refused any further brewed coffee or tea to us. I informed his that it states on the website that it is in effect for the duration of the cruise but he disagreed and refused to give us any, took the full card and refused to give it back and was just naturally unpleasant in nature. Told us if we wanted to continue with the free brewed coffee we would have to buy another coffee card.

Not always. We just got off the Royal. When our punches were used up on our coffee card we still have about 2 days to go until the end of the cruise. The guy at the coffee bar refused any further brewed coffee or tea to us. I informed his that it states on the website that it is in effect for the duration of the cruise but he disagreed and refused to give us any, took the full card and refused to give it back and was just naturally unpleasant in nature. Told us if we wanted to continue with the free brewed coffee we would have to buy another coffee card.

I would have filed a complaint. I hope you did!

I just experienced an incident in the IC on the Emerald 20 minutes ago.

We are on a B2B2B and I just ordered a pot of tea on the third of three cruises. The server wagged her finger at me and said "cheating" was not allowed and they "know" by the way the holes are punched/marked. My cruise card is dated "October 24 - November 7". The young lady was very heavy handed and said if I wanted tea she was going to punch my card which she did. I told her to go ahead because I didn't really care but I explained that I was not trying to cheat Princess out of $2.50. She then brought me a pot of cold tea as if she was trying to teach me a lesson. The odd thing about it was I only put my coffee card on the table; I never once said that I wanted a "free" pot of tea.

No tip for her... :)

Passenger scolding by wait staff should be discouraged I would think regardless of the circumstances.

Tom

We are on a B2B2B and I just ordered a pot of tea on the third of three cruises. The server wagged her finger at me and said "cheating" was not allowed and they "know" by the way the holes are punched/marked. My cruise card is dated "October 24 - November 7". The young lady was very heavy handed and said if I wanted tea she was going to punch my card which she did. I told her to go ahead because I didn't really care but I explained that I was not trying to cheat Princess out of $2.50. She then brought me a pot of cold tea as if she was trying to teach me a lesson. The odd thing about it was I only put my coffee card on the table; I never once said that I wanted a "free" pot of tea.

I'm trying to understand things here. We have a future cruise booked which we booked as one long cruise. When I go on line, I can find that it can be broken up into 3 cruises, but that's not what we did. I understand that I will need to buy the soda package for the entire time for my daughter. But are you saying there will or might be a problem with the punch card for specialty teas/coffees?

I'm not trying to be a pain, but we booked one cruise. It would seem logical that a card that is supposed to be good for the length of the cruise would be just that--good for the entire cruise. I do understand that the specialties are good till the punches run out.

I'm trying to understand things here. We have a future cruise booked which we booked as one long cruise. When I go on line' date=' I can find that it can be broken up into 3 cruises, but that's not what we did. I understand that I will need to buy the soda package for the entire time for my daughter. But are you saying there will or might be a problem with the punch card for specialty teas/coffees?

I'm not trying to be a pain, but we booked one cruise. It would seem logical that a card that is supposed to be good for the length of the cruise would be just that--good for the entire cruise. I do understand that the specialties are good till the punches run out.[/quote']

The cruise card you receive on embarkation day should show an end date of all three legs of your B2B2B. When you use it to purchase your coffee card just show them that date and make sure the end date on the coffee card is the same. If you are told that is not possible I suggest buying the card anyway and taking the issue up the chain until they reissue the card with the correct end date. Hopefully that will not be necessary.

To be safe I would not pre-purchase the card in the personalizer for any B2B cruise because as you see even if it is one Princess sells as a single combination voyage you are prompted to buy the card by segment.

Edited by fishywood

I think most cruise lines consider B2B cruises as separate. When we've done them we've even had to get off the ship and get a different card for the subsequent week. I think it was sort of like just taking two cruises, but you stay on the same ship. It's very convenient and we love to do it, but it's not the same as one long cruise.

And, the coffee cards are only $33 in the first place and you get 15 specialty coffees with it. It's a pretty good deal even if you have to purchase them for each leg of B2B2B2B2B... cruises.

Tom

And, the coffee cards are only $33 in the first place and you get 15 specialty coffees with it. It's a pretty good deal even if you have to purchase them for each leg of B2B2B2B2B... cruises.

Princess is heavily marketing the booking of a 4 night and 5 night Getaway cruise B2B as one nine night Grand Caribbean Sampler cruise. So if one wants unlimited fresh brewed coffee and tea from the IC for the duration they should have to commit to thirty specialty coffees in nine days? Yes I do know people who drop considerably more than $66 in that timespan at their favorite west-coast-coffee-concoction franchise--but if the B2B is advertised and bookable as one sailing, one card should be sufficient.

Edited by fishywood

I believe the coffee card is good for brewed coffee only until all the punches are used

Last week I was lectured by a man working at the coffee bar on the Emerald . I commented on how difficult it was to put the covers on the coffee cups and he said "Don't complain, nobody likes that."

Maybe the help needs a little refresher class in how to treat the passengers.

So even though I booked one cruise and have one booking number, they consider it to be a B2B2B because they also sell it as 3 separate cruises? I would have said that we booked ONE cruise, not 3. Yes, in past experience, B2B (booked that way) counts as 2 separate cruises.

If they pull the "3 cruises" deal, they are going to have to give me 3 shareholders credits!

So even though I booked one cruise and have one booking number' date=' they consider it to be a B2B2B because they also sell it as 3 separate cruises? I would have said that we booked ONE cruise, not 3. Yes, in past experience, B2B (booked that way) counts as 2 separate cruises.

If they pull the "3 cruises" deal, they are going to have to give me 3 shareholders credits![/quote']

Maybe I misread your previous post thinking that your cruise personalizer treated it as three separate cruises even though you booked it as one. But given this discussion I certainly would wait to buy the card onboard to see with my own eyes that it is marked as valid until the actual day you disembark.

I still called your cruise a 'B2B2B' even though it is bookable as one because you and the entire crew will still experience two turnaround days in the interim. Which is why it may require a little bit of diligence to make sure your steward, your waiters and any other relevant crew members know that you will not be leaving on those days.

And unless the book-as-one price is noticeably lower than the three sailings total individual prices, many people would have booked each leg separately even if they had to change cabins just to get three shareholder credits.

Edited by fishywood

You should have gone straight to Passenger Services to report this. We booked our Royal British Isles/ta as one 27 day cruise, and DH had no problem using his coffe card for the entire cruise.

Maybe I misread your previous post thinking that your cruise personalizer treated it as three separate cruises even though you booked it as one. But given this discussion I certainly would wait to buy the card onboard to see with my own eyes that it is marked as valid until the actual day you disembark.

I still called your cruise a 'B2B2B' even though it is bookable as one because you and the entire crew will still experience two turnaround days in the interim. Which is why it may require a little bit of diligence to make sure your steward, your waiters and any other relevant crew members know that you will not be leaving on those days.

And unless the book-as-one price is noticeably lower than the three sailings total individual prices, many people would have booked each leg separately even if they had to change cabins just to get three shareholder credits.

Good suggestion to see card first and buy on board. Should we have booked a B2B2B? Maybe, but I'm a Princess newbie. The price is a little higher as a B2B2B...in fact, just about the same amount as the additional shareholder benefit. I'm happy with the booking that I have. Changing cabins would really be a pain for us as my daughter has a mobility issue--she needs the HA cabin and I don't need any extra work.:) But many thanks for the suggestion of waiting and purchasing the card on board.

Depends on the length of each segment.

Let's, for example, take a B2B2B that is 5 days + 4 days + 5 days = 14 days.

Booked as a single cruise, 14 day OBC would be $250.

Booked separately:

segment 1 $50

segment 2 $50

segment 3 $50

A total of $150.

In this case the single booking gets more stockholder OBC.

Military OBC would also have the same numbers.

If they pull the "3 cruises" deal' date=' they are going to have to give me 3 shareholders credits![/quote']

They should give you 3 cruise credits. We are just off a B2B which we booked as a single cruise. Even before we left I could see the 'future' award of 2 cruise credits in the Cruise History portion of the Personalizer. When we returned I check and they were still there now noted as 'completed.'