Luminae- things to keep in mind

Wj420

On our recent Equinox sailing our waiter did ask if we would like to order anything from any of the speciality restaurants. One of our party ordered from Tuscan while another ordered from Murano. We found that quite interesting! Enjoy.

Thanks for the tip!!! This is great to know! Not that we would abuse this, but there is the occasional appetizer (thinking Tuscan's steak tartare) I would love to have.

Does the "limited menu" in Luminae change? Or, is it pretty much the website menu every night?

There are 14+ menus that change every night. 7 of them are in my review (in my signature) from this past April. We'll get to see all of them (I hope) even if we don't eat there every night, when we sail in a bit over 2 weeks.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for the tip!!! This is great to know! Not that we would abuse this, but there is the occasional appetizer (thinking Tuscan's steak tartare) I would love to have.

Looks like the menu will be changing a bit:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48205436&postcount=39

Now carpaccio.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Has a date been set for Tuscan fleet wide, is it just Infinity still?

In September I noticed it was possible to get MDR but no one mentioned this on Infinity.

No, only Infinity and Summit. Based on the time it took the roll out of the Bistro on 5 menu, I would say late 2016 :rolleyes:

Happy sailing,

Jenna

After dining on two different ships in Luminae I offer the following advise. To have the best experience, do try to make a reservation. We had a standing each night at the same time. We had the same great window table with the same team.

Are you saying you can make a reservation for the same table at the same time,every night of the cruise?

Yes. The first night during our lovely dinner we arranged the entire 12 nights. Same time, same table , same team. We had a wonderful experience. We did end up cancelling one night to go to Silk Harvest. Enjoy!

Yes. The first night during our lovely dinner we arranged the entire 12 nights. Same time, same table , same team. We had a wonderful experience. We did end up cancelling one night to go to Silk Harvest. Enjoy!

Thanks that is great news.

We left the Equinox November 9th following a B2B2B series of cruises. We were in an Aqua stateroom for the first two cruises and then switched to a Sky Suite for the final cruise to try Luminae. Despite repeated offers by our butler to make reservations for dinner we never did, and were seated in the same section (so we had the same waiters) each night. We generally arrived sometime between 7 and 7:30 PM never waited at all to be seated.

Since we love Blu I was curious if we would equally love Luminae. Actually, we were less than enamored. While I am willing to try again my husband is hesitant -- too many over 40 minute waits for breakfast (he was ordering the huevos rancheros with no modifications from their standard preparation), having to ask for orange juice three times, being served items we didn't order or having items omitted, repeatedly asking for tea instead of coffee at breakfast ......

We left the Equinox November 9th following a B2B2B series of cruises. We were in an Aqua stateroom for the first two cruises and then switched to a Sky Suite for the final cruise to try Luminae. Despite repeated offers by our butler to make reservations for dinner we never did, and were seated in the same section (so we had the same waiters) each night. We generally arrived sometime between 7 and 7:30 PM never waited at all to be seated.

Since we love Blu I was curious if we would equally love Luminae. Actually, we were less than enamored. While I am willing to try again my husband is hesitant -- too many over 40 minute waits for breakfast (he was ordering the huevos rancheros with no modifications from their standard preparation), having to ask for orange juice three times, being served items we didn't order or having items omitted, repeatedly asking for tea instead of coffee at breakfast ......

How do you think the quality of the food compares?

If your challenges were at breakfast, you can do breakfast in Blu and dinner in Luminae (if you're in a suite), but if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

on the Eclipse, breakfast worked well if you arrived half an hour before the last time. It started to get busy after that with the biggest rush being in he last 10 minutes. At 8.30 all the staff were standing about, at 9 everyone was busy. If you want a quicker breakfast you just need to get their slightly earlier. Blu is exactly the same. In both places there is this rush to get in before the cut off and the kitchen then struggles to cope.

on the Eclipse, breakfast worked well if you arrived half an hour before the last time. It started to get busy after that with the biggest rush being in he last 10 minutes. At 8.30 all the staff were standing about, at 9 everyone was busy. If you want a quicker breakfast you just need to get their slightly earlier. Blu is exactly the same. In both places there is this rush to get in before the cut off and the kitchen then struggles to cope.

This clearly shows the hours are not late enough for breakfast. An ongoing challenge for Celebrity not limited to Luminae

Happy sailing,

Jenna

This clearly shows the hours are not late enough for breakfast. An ongoing challenge for Celebrity not limited to Luminae

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Blu and the MDR are the same. They open when no one wants breakfast and stand about for an hour waiting to pounce on any guest who enters. Then when the rush arrives, they cannot cope.

• 3 months later...
We just got off Reflection and dined in Luminae every night - except once in Tuscan Grill. Luminae was truly excellent and your advice is right on target. We had the same experience. There were 6 of us and we had the same table every night without wait. The waiter and his team were incredible and we truly felt special. We always had a choice of both the Luminae menu or the Opus Main Dining menu - or mix and match. It was great! We also had one lunch in Luminae - the fresh hamburger is the best on the ship by far.

During final night dinner at MDR, they do a short presentation ang entertainment. Do final night dinner at Luminae also do this? We always enjoy the short entertainment during final night at MDR.

During final night dinner at MDR, they do a short presentation ang entertainment. Do final night dinner at Luminae also do this? We always enjoy the short entertainment during final night at MDR.

They do not.

Different strokes: sounds good to me!