A Review With Pictures Of A Royal Time On Adventure Of The Seas - October 10, 2015

bigque

I read that the trikes are shift. The driver in our group has only done automatic, do you think he could do the trike?

Yes it is a straight 5 speed shift with a stick just like in a car. You have a clutch on the floor on the left side and a break on the floor on the right side and the gas is on the right side handle bar. If you don't know how to drive a stick in a car you will not be able to drive these. We were told that they were suppose to get automatics in a month after we did them, so when you go there they may have automatics! :cool:

DSCF1704_zpsvma7hrjn.jpg

Day 6 - Curacao:

On this day we actually did not plan anything as far as excursions are concerned. We just planned to go off the ship and walk around n the town, look in the shops and then head back to the ship and spend the day on board. After an exciting week of excursion we just wanted to spend a day chilling and relaxing and that is exactly what we did. Nontheless here are some pictures of our short walk around the town.

DSCF1707_zpsny1cy6du.jpg

DSCF1709_zps3ln80e7t.jpg

DSCF1714_zpsrmvn6y70.jpg

DSCF1718_zpswlzz3kci.jpg

We had to take a ferry over to the downtown area. This is a view from the ferry

DSCF1730_zps9ozdaeau.jpg

In the evening was the 2nd formal night which we once again dressed for but no formal night pictures as we only do that the first night. I did have the Fisherman's platter as I always do on this night and I also had our waiter bring me the Prime Rib after the fisherman's platter. The lobster tail is what it is and I'm not one to compare it with Maine Lobster of cold water lobster or whatever. I eat it I like so I don't really have any complaints about it. Is it as good as the lobster tail I had the night before in Aruba......No but I still liked it and enjoyed it.

DSCF1756_zps9oa7d88l.jpg

The CD & AM getting ready to tape their morning show

DSCF1752_zpszko6ctvj.jpg

The Chefs Parade

DSCF1754_zpsypp3rgpx.jpg

The only Headliner show we attended and stayed "The Motown Revue"

DSCF1761_zpsubkcyjz2.jpg

Adult Karaoke

DSCF1774_zpsx68jmoix.jpg

A friend of ours doing karaoke (husband was in our roll call)

DSCF1776_zps8suiluwu.jpg

Up Next Last Sea Day, Debarkation Day, Last Thoughts And Comments

Edited by bigque

Great review, thanks for sharing.

Glad you are enjoying it. I thought it would be finish by now but it takes a little more time when you are trying to add pictures to it!. I have one more segment to go! :cool:

We are going on Adventure in June. You mentioned that this class was a "mini-me" version of Freedom class. We were on Freedom last year. Does this class have the self service ice-cream by the pool?

Yes it does! How often it was available I do not know. :cool:

Sorry I had to take a break from the review for a few days, so let's finish this up!

DSCF1780_zpseelpavaj.jpg

Day 7 - Sea Day

On the last sea day we it was pretty much a lounge around the ship day. We didn’t really do much of anything. We did eat lunch at Johnny Rockets which I believe have very good burgers, onion rings, fries and shakes. The price is $6.95 and it is worth it to us. We eat lunch there once a cruise just for something different as we like good burgers. The rest of day we spent time on the Royal Promenade and purchased a few souvenirs from the logo store and took a few more pictures around the ship. In the evening we went to the Michael Jackson Name that Tune and then watched The Island Frenzy Parade on the Royal Promenade. The parade was at 10:15 PM which was good because on our Freedom Cruise we did not see the parade because they had it during the early dinner time which was the time we were eating. After the parade we went back to the cabin to do the part we always hate on the cruise and that is packing up to go home!

Here are some more random pictures around the ship that I forgot to post on some of the other days of the review and the parade, etc.

Everyone seem to have a good time at Dancing Under The Stars. You got to put all you line dancing practice from all week to use as the DJ played just about every line dance song old & new.

DSCF1701_zpskryjq5vm.jpg

Dancing Under The Stars

DSCF1700_zps5unrmmty.jpg

The last towel animal - The Monkey

DSCF1778_zpsfddwa2pp.jpg

Miniature Golf Anyone??

DSCF1793_zpse0lmq612.jpg

Royal Promenade Decorated For The Parade

DSCF1803_zpslk0xb5sh.jpg

Edited by bigque

At The Michael Jackson Name that Tune with Patrick, Zena & two young ladies (Cousins) we met from London England on a birthday Cruise

DSCF1856_zpsqn2jab0d.jpg

The Parade

DSCF1858_zpswzhdvw8r.jpg

DSCF1860_zps6dyggcwn.jpg

People are always asking about the size of the safe and the size of the refrigerator...So here you go. The frig does not get real cold. We did not have anything removed from the frig as we didn't have anything to put n there.

DSCF1862_zpsgdkyaws3.jpg

DSCF1863_zps1js8idnl.jpg

DSCF1865_zps6us3g9of.jpg

UP Next Debarkation & Last Thoughts

Edited by bigque

Enjoying your review. We embark out of San Juan on Adventure in Oct 2016. Your pics are really nice. Can you tell me how you're posting them to the review? Are you using photo bucket etc.?

Looking forward to more!

Thank You! I use Photo Bucket for posting the pictures! :cool:

DSCF1332_zpskhxyehyx.jpg

Debarkation:

For debarkation we elected to do the self-debarkation for the 2nd time and I believe this the way we will do it for now on. The night before your room steward will leave tags in your room to put on your bags if you are going to leave them out in the hall for pickup. He will leave the instructions in your room also for self-debarkation. The morning of we went and had a lite breakfast in the Windjammer and then went back up to make it down to the 3rd deck conference rooms where we had to wait. Keep in mind if you do self-debarkation that you go down to the third deck and then you will have to walk back up the stairs to the 4th deck to depart so if you have a few bags and heavy ones be prepared to walkup a deck with them. In the room we were waiting in there were maybe 50 – 75 people waiting. At 7:00 AM Sharp they let us depart and the process was simple. From start to finish was 15 minutes. We were staying another day in San Juan at the Condado Plaza Hilton once again, so from ship departure at 7:00 to the hotel by taxi took all of 30 minutes….We were standing in the hotel lobby at 7:30…Not bad at all!

Self - Debarkation – A+

Last Thoughts:

After reading some other reviews and comments about Adventure of the Seas you would think this ship would be a dump but that is so far from the truth. Adventure was a pretty nice ship. As I started out saying at the beginning of this review, I don’t go around looking for what’s worn here or what is worn there or oooh there is some visible rush over there, etc. I think that you have to really be looking for stuff otherwise it does not just jump out at you. The crew was friendly and we never experienced and rude crew members. I like the Voyager class and would sail on Adventure again. I would love to see what she looks like after the dry dock next year.

Also booked our next cruise while on this cruise which was also a first for me. Couldn't pass up the $100 instant on board credit and balcony discount for turning platinum on this cruise. We did start receiving some platinum perks while on this cruise

Adventure Of The Seas Aruba Route Cruise – B+

I am still open to any questions anyone may have!

Edited by bigque

Thank you for taking the time in putting together such a detailed review. We just booked our first cruise (Adventure) and can't wait for August to get here.

Not a bad choice for a first cruise. Great Ship and lots of good ports no matter which itinerary you are going on. Try to do a day or two in San Juan before the cruise to get the week started off right! Going there early is like having another port! :cool: