So glad I only have a few cruises

emod20

After our first cruise years ago I dreamed of having long list of Cruise's as I read Post's on hear I can't help but see the negative posts seem to grow ad the signature cruise numbers do. At 59 years old couple days ago I am happy with my short cruise list. Secure in that I have enjoyed each one. And am so excited to go next Saturday. Makes me feel so young. So happy to have another balcony room. One deck up from lido 1061. Pumped that thanks to cc I got fttf. At last minute. Got cheers package. Am able to do cheap internet package to check on my 87 year old parents while we are gone. As mostly that my wife gets to cruise after finishing chchemo for the second time in 8 years. Any one want to guess if we are going to have a good time starting next sat Nov 6th on the valor?

I'd be careful. The cruise gods are quite fickle and a post like this is just what it takes for them to turn on you. Everyone has a bad a cruise once in a while: it's a numbers game. Is your number finally up? You never know! So you may want to bring a few good luck charms, look out for broken mirrors and black cats, and maybe even sacrifice a goat or two (or is it a chicken?).

We out ran hurricane I think Wilma on one cruise lots of people were irate with port change. We went to progresso . the mian ruins we went was best thing we seen in any cruise. Left to right sway entire way back. That cruise stands out as most remembered so far. I saw post from same cruise that was absolutely horrible. So bring it on cold buffet food and all. Lol I will have my good luck charm with me ... A wife that beat cancer twice.

Well we have had a few issues along the way. Delayed cruise returning to port, thus missed flight. I broke my arm on one cruise. We had an engine fire on the Liberty last month and I ended up on the second leg of that journey with a bad cold. Has it turned me off from cruising, absolutely not.

I believe that how much enjoyment you get out of life is directing attributable to the attitude you carry through life. Sounds like you have a great attitude so you should have a great cruise. All my best to your wife.

Have a great time on the Valor! We have 6 months to go before we sail on her!

Great attitude, but I wouldn't necessarily equate number of cruises with an increase in negative reviews. True, some people become more jaded and discerning the more they travel, but people like you, with such a grateful outlook in life will most likely enjoy cruise #30 as much as this one! [emoji3]

Beating cancer twice is certainly something to celebrate. I am sure that you and your wife have the ability to enjoy cruising at a level that not many of us ever will. It is a celebration of life that most people will not experience no matter the number of cruises.

I often laugh at some of the negative posts. “OMG There was a finger print on the mirror!”, “The cheese on my omelet wasn’t melted!”, “I only got one olive in my martini!” It makes one wonder how the negative posters would deal with real tragedy ……… like cancer.

Best wishes to you and your wife, OP. I hope you have the time of your life on your upcoming cruise.

I think negativity is more about your personality than the number of times you've cruised (I do think there's a trend that people get more "set in their ways" and react more roughly to change with both familiarity and age - that's human nature, but not inescapable with a positive attitude and depending on personality). I also think anyone who has beaten cancer or had a spouse who's beaten cancer and approaches life with the attitude of gratitude and perspective I see in your post is probably beyond sweating the small stuff.

I have been cruising since the mid-1970s. I have learned that when a certain cruise line doesn't meet our standards, it is not the cruise line for us and move on.

Oh, and about the long list of cruises at the end of signatures: Kind of tacky and doesn't prove a thing about how much one's horizons has been broaden by travel through different means of transportation and cultures. If anything, travel should make one more tolerant of what life can throw at you.

We agree. While we don't have a long list, the one this year will be #6. I've seen many posts where things that have been no big deal to us have caused outrage and demand for compensation from others. Just have never understood. Relax and have a good time. If you book an excursion outside your cruise line and it gets canceled because your cruise has to swap ports, suck it up buttercup and book through the line for a gaurantee next time. It costs the line to switch ports as well. It is not a decision they make lightly.

I'm trying to figure out the point of your post. Is it to deny things can go wrong on vacation? Is it to belittle those who get frustrated at stuff that happens on a cruise? I read a lot of reviews and I rarely find one that had nothing but negativity. Sometimes a cruiser finds he or she just doesn't like cruising or doesn't like one line as compared to another.

I read the few negative reviews with as much interest as the positive ones. Look, just because someone wasn't happy on their cruise doesn't mean they're wrong. It just means they weren't happy.

I know you'll have a fun time and someone else's experience won't affect your vacation. Enjoy.

And what is the point of this post?

After our first cruise years ago I dreamed of having long list of Cruise's as I read Post's on hear I can't help but see the negative posts seem to grow ad the signature cruise numbers do. At 59 years old couple days ago I am happy with my short cruise list. Secure in that I have enjoyed each one. And am so excited to go next Saturday. Makes me feel so young. So happy to have another balcony room. One deck up from lido 1061. Pumped that thanks to cc I got fttf. At last minute. Got cheers package. Am able to do cheap internet package to check on my 87 year old parents while we are gone. As mostly that my wife gets to cruise after finishing chchemo for the second time in 8 years. Any one want to guess if we are going to have a good time starting next sat Nov 6th on the valor?

Congratulations! I am sure you are going to have a blast!

You and John Heald must think alike, he posted this question on FB today.

Can I ask a somewhat rhetorical question............do you think that the more you cruise the more you find fault with "the little things"?

I will explain why I ask this next week but for my own curiosity please answer yes or no

Forgive me, but I don't quite understand your point.

We have a long list of Carnival cruises that keeps growing. Have we had issues? Sure. Did they ruin any of our cruises? Obviously not because we keep sailing. Did we complain? No. We also don't let other people's pissing and moaning affect our cruises at all. We call ourselves Tiggers.

I don't think the number of cruises sailed has any correlation with negative posts. There are some people who complain about everything. They are more vocal as people tend to share negative rather than positive. I know people like that. We call them Eeyores.

Congrats to your wife for finishing chemo. Enjoy your cruise.