Things you wish you brought with you to Alaska....

KrabbyKelly

I have been on 3 cruises to Mexico, but now I'm going on an Alaskan cruise for the first time. Anything in particular you brought or wish you had brought on your Alaskan cruises? We will be going in June of 2016, just putting together a list and getting things ready ahead of time. It will be myself, my husband and 2 teenage daughters. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Forums mobile app

It's been quite a few years since we cruised to Alaska (we're planning on returning) but, I remember sitting in the hot tub and I overheard several people mention "I wish we brought our bathing suits!"

So, my suggestion is to bring your bathing suits. They don't take up much room and it's wonderful to sit in the hot tub and enjoy the scenery. We also used the pool (it wasn't crowded!)

I bring my college backpack, actually one that goes over the shoulder. It contains gloves and ear protection, camera pieces, binoculars and extra clothes I don't need as the day warms up. It goes everywhere with me in Alaska.

Edited by Coral

We cruised in late June and I packed too many warm layering pieces and not enough tshirts and light weight pants.

It can go both ways, best to be prepared for both.

I had a really cold July 4th cruise and a really warm July 4th cruise. As opposite as it can be.

Hopefully you bought some Alaska t-shirts in port :)

Edited by Coral

The main thing that comes to mind is a silk thermal top. I had my silk thermal pants. The only day I would have needed it though was Glacier Bay day. We stayed out on the bow in the wind the whole day.

Otherwise it's easier to think of things I brought that I didn't need and things I was very thankful for remembering.:cool:

The one thing that I really regretted not having on one trip was aloe vera for a sunburn! We left Ketchikan in the early afternoon on a lovely sunny day, and I feel asleep by the pool. My legs were so sunburned, but I had nothing to put on it, and they had nothing in the shops. I hope I never get sunburned enough to need it again, but now I always take it!

Did whitewater rafting and never thought to bring foot or hand warmers.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/products/hand-warmers.jsp

Enjoy Alaska, there 's no place like it!

After trying to warm wet, cold, hands on a whale-watching excursion, we decided to invest in hand warmers (http://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-provides-Comfortable-Flashlight-Emergency/dp/B014OGF73U) and found them a Godsend.