Current Concierges continued discussion

11 hours ago, b&s4cruisin said:

My next cruise on Symphony of the Seas in Sept will be in a grand suite (first time) what can I expect?  I have read that the concierge would be contacted me prior to the cruise.  I haven't received anything yet. What kind of things can I ask for?

All good accurate replies here.  I'll just add that I always sail in a Grand Suite.  I've not been on Symphony, but IMO, the Grand Suite is the best of all the suites in terms of value.  Great layout, plenty of space, dual sinks, and all the basic perks: full access to suite and diamond lounges, priority embark, access to Coastal Kitchen, and on the Symphony should include internet service.  And the cost does not break the bank.  In most cases anything larger you're paying mostly for just a few extra square feet.  If you're raising the bar here, you may have an issue dropping back to a lower category next time!  My next cruise isn't until December, so I'm really jealous!!  And yes, we'll have a Grand Suite (Anthem).  Enjoy.

32 minutes ago, st5310 said:

Great layout, plenty of space, dual sinks, and all the basic perks: full access to suite and diamond lounges (if you are D and up), priority embark, access to Coastal Kitchen, and on the Symphony should include internet service. 

And the cost does not break the bank. 

^ fixed.

The size of that bank and perceived value may have something to do with whether a GS breaks it or not.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

^ fixed.

The size of that bank may have something to do with whether a GS breaks it or not.

True, of course, but if someone is considering a GS, then they already are aware of their bank size.  Also, as to your correction regarding suite and diamond lounge access.... correct me if I'm wrong, but guests sailing in a grand suite have access to both regardless of loyalty tier.  The Diamond and Diamond Plus levels only matter in a Junior and lower.

Just now, st5310 said:

Also, as to your correction regarding suite and diamond lounge access.... correct me if I'm wrong, but guests sailing in a grand suite have access to both regardless of loyalty tier.  

The SeaPass card may or may not open the door, but unless you are D and up, you are not supposed to go into the DL, regardless of cabin type booked.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The SeaPass card may or may not open the door, but unless you are D and up, you are not supposed to go into the DL, regardless of cabin type booked.

This would be news to me, Biker.  I have booked GS's for more than 12 years on a host of different ships.  My SeaPass card has ALWAYS opened the door to the DL.

5 minutes ago, st5310 said:

I have booked GS's for more than 12 years on a host of different ships.  My SeaPass card has ALWAYS opened the door to the DL.

As I said the card may open the door, but that does not mean you are supposed to be in there if you are NOT D and up. The DL concierge may not saying anything either.

Biker, who is surprised "the DL is already crowded" folks have not chimed in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

As I said the card may open the door, but that does not mean you are supposed to be in there if you are NOT D and up. The DL concierge may not saying anything either.

Biker, who is surprised "the DL is already crowded" folks have not chimed in.

We were on the Adventure this past winter for 9 weeks.  The diamond lounge was a zoo.  And yes, according to the concierges, suites were allowed in there.  The suite lounge on the other hand was busy, but nowhere near the crowd in the diamond lounge.  We wondered why suite people would opt for the crowded lunge ver the relatively quiet suite lounge.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, willing292 said:

... We wondered why suite people would opt for the crowded lunge ver the relatively quiet suite lounge.  

Sometimes it's because the suite people want to socialize with those who don't have access to the SL.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:16 PM, SherriZ366 said:

Updates:

Ovation

·         DL -- Maria Altan - 10 June to 31 July (then going to Concierge Lounge for 2 months)

Grandeur

·         . Dudley Jean is in DL and Carlington Berry is in SL. 

I updated the Google Doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

SherriZ366 thank you for your updated concierge chart. Can you tell me who will be in the concierge lounge in Oct. 2019 aboard Liberty of the Seas? Could not tell from your chart.

Thank you!

38 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

How do you know this, Biker?  I am willing to stand corrected if there is an RCCL document or other source you can cite that explicitly states this as a rule.

32 minutes ago, st5310 said:

How do you know this, Biker?  I am willing to stand corrected if there is an RCCL document or other source you can cite that explicitly states this as a rule.

Here ya go Biker...I have this one covered for you.  😉 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-dining/diamond-club

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Here ya go Biker...I have this one covered for you.  😉 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-dining/diamond-club

Although technically Suite passenger that are not Diamond or above are not included,  I doubt any Concierge would ask them to leave.  There would be no plus side to doing that.  

3 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

I noticed on the spreadsheet a reference on the Adventure of a "Golden Concierge"  

I have never seen or heard of this position.  Any ideas as to what it is?

Sounds like something invented for the China/Singapore cruises.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Other than the thanks from the legit folks in there who think the place is too crowded? 

I agree but the Royal is really catering to the suite passengers.  They are spending the big bucks and they to not want any bad press from them.

46 minutes ago, st5310 said:

How do you know this, Biker?  I am willing to stand corrected if there is an RCCL document or other source you can cite that explicitly states this as a rule.

RCI has enough of a problem maintaining their online policies that permit things, they will hardly publish something which doesn't allow something. Neither the suite perks nor the D perks list suites having access - pretty sure if it was official that suites get access it would be in one of those.

52 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Although technically Suite passenger that are not Diamond or above are not included,  I doubt any Concierge would ask them to leave.  There would be no plus side to doing that.  

Actually, we were staying in the RS & I was taking a cabin mate on a tour of the ship. We wandered into the overflow area for the DL & were very rudely kicked out! I'm D+ & she was new to cruising. So I can tell you with certainty the right concierge WILL ask you to leave!

12 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

But it is in the Adventure section and I do not believe it has even been there. 

Odd, there's never been any errors on Royal's website.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI has enough of a problem maintaining their online policies that permit things, they will hardly publish something which doesn't allow something. Neither the suite perks nor the D perks list suites having access - pretty sure if it was official that suites get access it would be in one of those.

Island Lady already provided the source.  In any case I am D+ and have been for quite a while which may explain why I haven't been questioned.  Royal should attempt to streamline and simplify this SL and DL thing so there is clarity as to who is allowed where. There is too much confusion.