Departure time from ship

july2012

Hello,

Can someone please tell me what time you have to get off the ship once your cruise is over. Disembarkment time?

Our cruise will return to port on July 2, and since this is the holiday travel time I want to plan the a late flight back home. I want to avoid feeling rushed to get off ship and thru customs, then rushing to get back to Orlando airport from Port Canaveral.

We flew back from Orlando in 2012 and we rushed and prayed to make our 1pm flight back, it was crowded in the airport and we rushed off the ship, we made it in time, but felt very rushed and it was not a holiday weekend.

So wondering how long before they kick us off the ship. I was hoping to sleep in a little, eat ship breakfast, slowly walk to get on shuttle back to airport, slowly walk thru airport, not feel rushed and hoping we make it, not faint if we see a long line of holiday travelers,,,etc

And can you please remind me of travel time from Orlando to dock?

Thanks

Edited by july2012

Our last trip out of MCO we got off the ship around 9:00 AM it took forever to get through customs as there was a shortage of DHS staff due to a scheduling error or at least that's what we were told. I think it was a "slow down" due to contract issues.

We used the ship shuttle and depending on the airlines they might stop at 2-3 terminals before they get to yours. We flew Delta and they were the last stop. Drive time is about 45 minutes, but you could add another 20 minutes to that depending on your terminal.

We had both 1st class and TSA PRE-CHECK. The line for 1st class had about five people so we breezed threw security. Our friends flew SWA and had a long line, but they said they got through in about 30 minutes. We had a 2:30 PM flight and had plenty of time to eat lunch at the airport.

So we will have to be off the ship by 10am?

I was hoping to be able to sleep in a little and have breakfast before leaving the ship.

Hope to find flights leaving direct on SW after 3pm. I don't want to be worried about missing our flights if we have anything earlier.

I guess we will be sitting in airport a lot longer then we really want to.

We usually take a 1pmish flight but with holiday travel I think that might be pushing it.

true, true on the announcements, sleeping in will not be an option. We are always some of the last off the ship. We have our baggage taken down the night before. We go have breakfast and relax on the Lido deck and ignore our number being called. As some said by 10 they will clear the ship. We also have a 3 pm flight and are going to express our baggage to the airport and hang around town for a few hours before going to the airport around 1 pm.

I will have to have a plan B. Until flights open for our travel dates I don't know what return times we have available. I know we want a direct flight and something after 3pm if possible. BUT not much later,,,

Not sure why you want a direct flight that involves one stopover en route without a change of plane :confused:

Hello,

Can someone please tell me what time you have to get off the ship once your cruise is over. Disembarkment time?

Our cruise will return to port on July 2, and since this is the holiday travel time I want to plan the a late flight back home. I want to avoid feeling rushed to get off ship and thru customs, then rushing to get back to Orlando airport from Port Canaveral.

We flew back from Orlando in 2012 and we rushed and prayed to make our 1pm flight back, it was crowded in the airport and we rushed off the ship, we made it in time, but felt very rushed and it was not a holiday weekend.

So wondering how long before they kick us off the ship. I was hoping to sleep in a little, eat ship breakfast, slowly walk to get on shuttle back to airport, slowly walk thru airport, not feel rushed and hoping we make it, not faint if we see a long line of holiday travelers,,,etc

Thanks

Unlike Thanksgiving and Christmas, I don't think the 4th of July weekend is as big of a travel time. It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, the travel time (by shuttle bus) is about 25 minutes from Port Canaveral to the airport. A taxi would be a little quicker. If you don't want to spend a lot of time in the airport, maybe you can find a flight that leaves around 1:30 - 2:00.

• 4 weeks later...

So we booked a 1:40 return on July2 home by 3:50

But a few of us are still worried about making that flight on time, so there is a 2nd option at 4:25 with a layover then home by 8:50

So once again,,,July 2 travel leaving Orlando (MCO) getting from Port Canaveral from the Magic

Do you think we can make a 1:40pm flight? Or should we change to the 4:25layover flight?

Please give your honest feedback, I'm really not sure what to do. IF we can make it in time we prefer the 1:40pm flight.

THANKS

But a few of us are still worried about making that flight on time, so there is a 2nd option at 4:25 with a layover then home by 8:50

So once again,,,July 2 travel leaving Orlando (MCO) getting from Port Canaveral from the Magic

Do you think we can make a 1:40pm flight? Or should we change to the 4:25layover flight?

Please give your honest feedback, I'm really not sure what to do. IF we can make it in time we prefer the 1:40pm flight.

THANKS

You should be fine. I live near the airport, take my time leaving and make it home before 11 every time.

Hello,

Thanks

They will force you off the ship no later than 10:00 - 10:15 depending on how disembarking is going.

So we will have to be off the ship by 10am?

I was hoping to be able to sleep in a little and have breakfast before leaving the ship.

Hope to find flights leaving direct on SW after 3pm. I don't want to be worried about missing our flights if we have anything earlier.

I guess we will be sitting in airport a lot longer then we really want to.

We usually take a 1pmish flight but with holiday travel I think that might be pushing it.

MCO will be a zoo, but more with incoming traffic than outgoing on a Saturday. It will be busier later in the day than earlier as people who have spent the week at Disney tend to take later flights home. Anyway you look at it flying out of MCO in the summer is an experience. Best thing that you can do to make life easier is get TSA precheck.

THANKS

Unless there is a major accident blocking the road you will have no problem at all making a 1:40 flight.

Edited by zqvol

• 2 weeks later...

We kept our 1:40pm return flight (3 others in our party has a 1:15pm) we are going to use the return carnival shuttle back to MCO on 2nd, hoping they will be mindful of our return flight time. We usually use a private shuttle.

Happy Holiday's everyone.

Next steps: Continue to watch for price drops (after April final payment)

We kept our 1:40pm return flight (3 others in our party has a 1:15pm) we are going to use the return carnival shuttle back to MCO on 2nd, hoping they will be mindful of our return flight time. We usually use a private shuttle.

You will be fine, as will the others in your party. Have a great cruise.

I would not be taking the carnival shuttle.

Allow at least two hours at the airport for getting through security.

an hour travel time.. being off the ship within the first group of people should get you there in plenty of time for a 1:pm flight

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking for feedback from those who purchase this? Was it worth it?

Last cruise son went on he was 12 and wanted juice for breakfast and pop at dinner. He did also purchase several Miami Vice (virgin of course). So thinking this cruise to get the bottomless bubbles for him so he can drink pop with dinner and juice for breakfast and not order as many Miami vices since he would be able to get pop or juice instead.

Normally he does not drink alot of pop, but the juice for breakfast and maybe being able to get OJ or pineapple juice instead of water,,,