Bicycle on Board

jojosung

You cant bring it on board. Can you imagine if everyone brought a bike?

DISCOURTEOUS OR DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR

Pool, deck and theater chairs may not be reserved. Topless sunbathing is not permitted. Boom boxes or loud radios are not permitted. Roller blades, roller skates, skateboards, scooters, surfboards, bicycles, and similar items may not be utilized on-board; except for mobility aids related to special needs, as approved by the ship’s management.

Edited by Josher61

Some discussions from the past suggest that people have been allowed to bring their bicycles on board an NCL cruise.

Bicycles on Ship??

NCL allows you to bring you own bike on board, have you???

But I didn't see anything very recent, so I would definitely call them and find out before making firm plans to show up at the departure port with your bike.

My apologies, you're right, its not a prohibited item. If NCL gives you the go ahead, I would most certainly ask for it in writing lest you find yourself at the pier and someone else says no. However, I stand by my earlier comment....can you imagine if everyone decided to bring a bike onboard??

However, I stand by my earlier comment....can you imagine if everyone decided to bring a bike onboard??
I agree with you about getting authorization in writing for boarding with a bike, but "what if everyone did X" is not a valid argument for concluding that no one should be allowed to do X. Just about everything would turn out to be a huge problem if everyone decided to do it.

can you imagine if everyone decided to bring a bike onboard??

Careful on the exaggeration...

Can you imagine if everyone decided to bring a ... aboard?

• stroller
  • mobility scooter
  • wheelchair
  • service dog
  • infant or toddler

Shall we also dissuade people from bringing any of those items?

Personally I'd be leary of bringing a bicycle on the basis of undue risk of injury. I've seen enough of drivers in Nassau that I wouldn't want to be on a bicycle thank you very much.

On our last cruise, which included British Isles and parts of Europe, we did see someone, yes, only one, bring a bike back to the ship, however, I believe it was a crew member. I've seen lots of bikes for lease on many ports so it seems like a better choice to rent one of those than try to persuade NCL to allow you to bring one onboard.

As for the motorbikes, yup seen those too and don't care for the price tags attached to the special cruises you're allowed to bring them onto, DH doesn't seem to mind it though, :eek:

AND then the problem of getting the bike; scooter; pogo stick what have you

from where you live to the port and once on the ship where to store the thing.

Hang it from the ceiling inside cabin/ocean view put it out on the balcony (cabin)

Obviously suites and larger cabins have floor space for it.

If traveling by air to the port beware of significant baggage surcharges for

transporting the bike also make sure you don't have one of the Barbie jets***

getting you there.

*** Barbie jet = small commuter jet limited cargo (baggage) space and don't

even think of bringing it on as carry-on baggage on any airline ! LOL !

You might just get by with roller blades or wheeled skates (OFF THE SHIP) !

Did anyone mention about bringing the kitchen sink ! Just kidding LOL !

• stroller
  • mobility scooter
  • wheelchair
  • service dog
  • infant or toddler

Personally I'd be leary of bringing a bicycle on the basis of undue risk of injury. I've seen enough of drivers in Nassau that I wouldn't want to be on a bicycle thank you very much.

Your comparison items are not at all of the same category as a bike. I think those that require a mobility scooter or wheelchair or service dog would be quite pleased if they didn't need to bring those items and only wanted to. And no, I certainly feel no need to dissuade them from bringing any of those items, quite the contrary. As to the strollers and kids....well again...I don't think they have a choice :)

People will do what they want to do....if NCL clears a bike then so be it. Like you, Im not sure I would be wanting to bike ride in Nassau with the way they drive there :eek:

You can't RIDE it on the ship, but folks have brought them onboard... "Everyone" will NOT be bringing a bike.....lots of folks drag their golf clubs....strollers, scooters, etc....shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by cb at sea

Your comparison items are not at all of the same category as a bike.

True, although for the purposes of making my point they are all things which could be an inconvenience/annoyance in large numbers.

Still, I'd never think to bring a bicycle along even though it'd be trivial to get it to the port since we usually drive.

True, although for the purposes of making my point they are all things which could be an inconvenience/annoyance in large numbers.

Still, I'd never think to bring a bicycle along even though it'd be trivial to get it to the port since we usually drive.

If it ever got to a point where hundreds and hundreds of bike were being brought on board NCL would just charge more money for storage. Heck, they charge extra for everything else these days. ;)

•  
  • stroller

• mobility scooter

• wheelchair

• service dog

• infant or toddler

The cars and mopeds in Nassau will knock over a pedestrian and not care

IMHO they will knock over a biker. I'd take a cab to the beach and be done with it

The people on this website contacted several cruise lines to get their policies about boarding with folding bikes. The info is from 2013 and there are several points that are relevant for full-sized bikes, too. In particular:

Guests are allowed to bring bicycles onboard. They must be foldable, and stored in their staterooms. The bicycles cannot be used onboard, only ashore in ports of call. Regards, Pre-cruise Desk NCL.com

Carnival wins the prize for the most obnoxious policy statement: "Bicycles (this includes travel bicycles that can be folded up) are prohibited and will be disposed of prior to boarding."