Summer clothes in Miami

jwh

Going on a Caribbean cruise and need new gear. Need to buy summer t-shirts, shorts etc for a big and tall guy in Miami next week. Does anyone know if stores such as Ross will have summer stock or is it all winter clothing for sale there now?

Any advice on where I can get big and tall summer casual wear for men would be much appreciated. Hopefully you will be able to suggest somewhere not too far from the airport. I have a half day before arriving and setting sail!

Many thanks

Going on a Caribbean cruise and need new gear. Need to buy summer t-shirts, shorts etc for a big and tall guy in Miami next week. Does anyone know if stores such as Ross will have summer stock or is it all winter clothing for sale there now?

Any advice on where I can get big and tall summer casual wear for men would be much appreciated. Hopefully you will be able to suggest somewhere not too far from the airport. I have a half day before arriving and setting sail!

Many thanks

Bealls a Florida Dept store should still have some Men's shorts & T-Shirts but I have no idea where their stores are in Miami.. They have three stores in the Miami area.. Most of the other Dept. Stores such as J.C. Penny, Macy's & Dillards had their sales a month ago.. Sorry but have no idea if Ross still has summer clothes..

http://www.beallsflorida.com/?cm_mmc=PaidSearch-_-FLA-Bealls+Brand-_-PPCGoogle-_-shop+bealls+online&adpos=1t1&creative=80418532826&device=c&matchtype=b&network=s&gclid=CP6d6_7lgckCFU47gQod-GIG7g

Hope you find the things you need & have a wonderful cruise..

here in Central FL. it is now all dark heavier clothes. Best to look for Surf Shops. I guess Bealls would have golf type clothes but for tall men I don't know about the selection, I know they have Guy Harvey fishing outfits.

Bealls has a big & tall men's dept.

http://www.beallsflorida.com/online/shop/SearchDisplay?searchTermScope=&searchType=1000&filterTerm=&orderBy=6&maxPrice=&showResultsPage=true&langId=-1&beginIndex=30&sType=SimpleSearch&metaData=&pageSize=30&manufacturer=&resultCatEntryType=&catalogId=12003&pageView=image&searchTerm=&minPrice=&categoryId=15080&storeId=10151&viewType=

Only problem in that dept. is now only showing one pair of Columbia shorts for big & tall men.. My DH is 6'2" & I can get shirts & usually shorts for him at Bealls, but he is not big & takes size 38 shorts & long pants..We usually shop for summer clothes for DH starting in March & running through Sept.

Agree perhaps T.J. Max or Marshals might have something..

OP Hope you find a few things..

When we have been in Ft. Lauderdale for cruises I have found that stores usually carry summer type clothing. I have never been able to buys sandals in February. Even flip-flops at Old Navy are a rarity.

To us Northerners it may feel like summer but to the locals it is winter.

Edited by Boytjie

Your best bet is an online store, perhaps Destination XL, Men's Wearhouse, or Today's Man. When you are off season like this, the online outlets usually wind up with the out of season inventory in order to save room in the stores.

Despite the fact that it's in the mid to upper 80s in South Florida, the stores are carrying winter clothes.

Just realized that you were coming from Australia. The three online stores I mentioned have "ship to store" as an option. Just find out the ZIP (postal) code of your hotel and use the closest store. That way, if something doesn't fit, you can return it immediately.

Edited by POA1
On

Your best bet is an online store, perhaps Destination XL, Men's Wearhouse, or Today's Man. When you are off season like this, the online outlets usually wind up with the out of season inventory in order to save room in the stores.

Despite the fact that it's in the mid to upper 80s in South Florida, the stores are carrying winter clothes.

Just realized that you were coming from Australia. The three online stores I mentioned have "ship to store" as an option. Just find out the ZIP (postal) code of your hotel and use the closest store. That way, if something doesn't fit, you can return it immediately.

Unfortunately The OP is coming in next week & only has 1/2 of a day to shop.. They are not staying in a hotel.. They are hoping to find a store in Miami close to the airport..

I live in South West Fla all year round but don't know Miami well enough to tell them which store is closest to the airport.. My DH is tall, but can't find shorts in the regular Dept stores here..Another poster mentioned Kohls, maybe that & Bealls would be best.. I forgot about Kohls, & don't know if they have a big & tall shop..

Kohls is selling lots of shorts on-line so it might be the OP's best bet..Now if someone who lives near the airport in Miami could tell the OP were the nearest Kohls is, that would be a help..

OP Suggest you try the port of call board on CC & put Miami in..Maybe someone who lives over there could direct you to the nearest Kohls &/o Bealls..

Good luck to you..

Ross should have some of what you need to answer your initial question.

Also, was recently in Bealls (it is a local Kohl's-like store) and they had a selection of shorts and short sleeve shirts. You may get lucky on the clearance rack.

Another option is shopping on line before you go. and use expedited shipping.

Edited by take us away

just was shopping in T J MAXX--dark winter clothes although they are not heavy like up North--sweaters for us to wear once a yr. Men also had long sleeves but some shorts but again how much in Big men. There are Bealls outlet stores also and I found a short sleeved cotton shirt for my husband on sale.