2016 World Cruise Journal

hondorner

Several folks have asked if I will be writing a journal (or blog) about our world cruise starting in January. It took me a little while, and I'm still not happy with some of the "features", but I've just created the first entry.

You can find it at hornerfamily.com Once there, click on "Recent Posts" or choose the "World Cruise" menu item. If you want to follow it, enter your email, click "Subscribe", then follow the instructions. You'll automatically receive and email every time I create a post.

Friends on Facebook will also see an automatic notice on both my page (Don Horner) and Betsy's page (Betsy Croushore Horner). I imagine she'll also put some posts on Facebook; it's how she stays in touch (if you are moved to request friending on FB, please send along a note mentioning Cruise Critic; we may not know your "real" names and we don't often accept friend requests from strangers).

Looking forward to following along Don. I'll make sure to subscribe to your journal. We had a great couple of weeks on the Insignia this past August (Southampton to Barcelona).

Thanks for making the effort to post throughout the WC. Shannon, Blaine, Heidi and I wish you and Betsy well as you get ready for this amazing journey.

Several folks have asked if I will be writing a journal (or blog) about our world cruise starting in January. It took me a little while, and I'm still not happy with some of the "features", but I've just created the first entry.

You can find it at hornerfamily.com Once there, click on "Recent Posts" or choose the "World Cruise" menu item. If you want to follow it, enter your email, click "Subscribe", then follow the instructions. You'll automatically receive and email every time I create a post.

Friends on Facebook will also see an automatic notice on both my page (Don Horner) and Betsy's page (Betsy Croushore Horner). I imagine she'll also put some posts on Facebook; it's how she stays in touch (if you are moved to request friending on FB, please send along a note mentioning Cruise Critic; we may not know your "real" names and we don't often accept friend requests from strangers).

Just joined the choir! Looking forward to reading about your odyssey.

Deb & Jim will most certainly be following along with you. Have a wonderful trip and a great family trip coming up with family.

If I am following you on facebook I do not need to sign up on your site do I?

No. The announcements of a new post will be on my Facebook page, Betsy's Facebook page and by email to everyone who subscribes to the blog. I tried to figure out how to post it to Words With Friends chats, but failed (Deb and Betsy are close competitors).

I suppose I should learn how to Tweet so I could send the announcements to Twitter, but I'm absolutely incapable of saying anything in just 140 characters :rolleyes:

Edited by hondorner

• 3 weeks later...