Star Princess disembarkation issues in Los Angeles

timtrek

Hi all. Been in port since 6 AM and having major issues. CBP computers are down and they are hand processing all passengers off the ship. Horrible lines and very upset passengers. Many missed flights already and no info on how long the process will be.

Edited by timtrek

Hi all. Been in port since 6 AM and having major issues. CBP computers are down and they are hand processing all passengers off the ship. Horrible lines and very upset passengers. Many missed flights already and no info on how long the process will be.
Sorry to hear this. Bet most of them are blaming Princess. :( This means that embarkation will also be very late.

For all those who think, "No problem making a 9 or 10am flight out of LA," take note.

Still over 1200 on board. US passports are getting through faster but the line at CBP for foreign passports is very long and slow. Going to be a long day. Overall people are being civil except for a few rude and vocal people.

My friends are waiting to board. They were told not until 2pm--they are Platinum.

The same thing happened to us in Sept on a RCI ship. The problems are with the port computers. We were in the disabled line for 2 hours. The other lines had a much longer wait.

Patti

Live from the parking lot at 2:10 pm Pacific. We were one of the first off the Star and had a shopping excursion tour that was to end at the airport. This was something organized by our travel agency and there are suppose to be 31 people on this tour. We have been stuck, waiting on the bus since 9 am. There are just 16 people that have made it out so far . . Are waiting on the other guest. The bus driver drove us to MacDonalds for lunch. We came back 40 minutes later, and two more people showed up for th tour. Insane.

I guess we have to look at the bright side. We will likely make our 8:30 pm flight an no one got hurt.

Big bummer none the less. No one really to blame I guess?

G

At 3:30 pm, we got the rest our group. It was quite the day. The taxi stand is packed and there is a television news truck parked out front with its satellite dish up.

No sure how this could have been avoided.

Looking forward to getting home. I am fried.

Looking at the ship from the deck of our house in San Pedro - will be interesting to see what time they actually leave port. At least it sounds like people are now getting on and whatever time it finally leaves I am sure everyone will have a great time.

Hopefully not too many people missed flights. I'm one of those who recommend not booking any flights out of LAX before noon. And hopefully those who were there aren't blaming Princess as computer service isn't under their control.

As locals, we never insist on self-embarkation or any other early disembarkation as some people do.

I guess I'll see a story on the 5pm news.

Hopefully not too many people missed flights. I'm one of those who recommend not booking any flights out of LAX before noon. And hopefully those who were there aren't blaming Princess as computer service isn't under their control.

As locals' date=' we never insist on self-embarkation or any other early disembarkation as some people do.

I guess I'll see a story on the 5pm news.[/quote']

We missed our flight, which was at 3:15 pm. Still sitting at the airport, after Alaska Airlines was able to get us re-ticketed through Westjet. Flight leaves at 7:35pm. From LAX to Vancouver. It has been a very long day, but hope to be back at our home by midnight...we have to work in the morning!

We don't blame Princess for the delay, but they certainly could have handled the situation better.

I got in line at 8am and got out of customs at 9:45. When I got in line, it wasn't very long, on the disembarkation side of the elevators. They didn't have much information at that time. I heard one announcement while we were inside the ship still, and once we finally got outside, all the Princess agents walking around didn't seem to know what was going on either. They said that it was a customs issue. I never heard computer glitch at that time, but it was still early in the day. I should have booked the B2B ;-) and stayed on the ship! Say hi to JC at the Passenger Services desk for me! HA!