Royal Princess Dining Room Questions

Andy

Hi Everyone,

A few questions on Royal Princess Dining Rooms please.

On our last cruise, we had Concerto 5:30 seating, which worked fairly well. We are close to clearing the waitlist for 6 pm dining (which we would prefer), but I've been advised it's the Allegro dining room, also on Deck 6, but at the aft of the ship. This makes it slightly complicated for us, as Mom uses a mobility scooter.

Is there any reason to hope for one dining room over the other ? Are they about the same size ? decor ? any other positives or negatives to consider ?

Lastly, what are the dining times for Symphony ? Or, is it only anytime dining ?

Thanks very much in advance.

Hi Everyone,

On our last cruise, we had Concerto 5:30 seating, which worked fairly well. We are close to clearing the waitlist for 6 pm dining (which we would prefer), but I've been advised it's the Allegro dining room, also on Deck 6, but at the aft of the ship. This makes it slightly complicated for us, as Mom uses a mobility scooter.

Is there any reason to hope for one dining room over the other ? Are they about the same size ? decor ? any other positives or negatives to consider ?

Lastly, what are the dining times for Symphony ? Or, is it only anytime dining ?

Personally, I prefer the Aft Dining Rooms. They tend to have better views and are quite easy to access. While we have not been on the Royal (specific to your question), we are on the Regal in three weeks and I've reviewed the deck plans so much I can recall them in my sleep. I think you will be fine with the Aft Dining room.

I also prefer the aft dining rooms, as they are dedicated to traditional dining and the staff is really aware of this.

My mom was in a wheelchair for both our cruises on the Royal, and aft dining was no problem.

Just remember, you cannot walk the length of the ship on deck 6. You will have to "elevator down" from deck 7.

Just come off the Royal, the Allegro can be accessed from the aft elevators onto deck 6 and the restaurant is just there, the dining times are 5.45pm (early seating) and not 6pm as advertised. The Concerto has early dining at 5.30pm and anytime at 7.30pm. The Symphony is anytime from 5pm - 9pm. All the dining rooms are pretty similar. The Concerto dining room is the only one open on sea days for lunch. We were allocated the Allegro for early dining.

Hi Everyone,

Why would being aft pose any mobility issues at all, over being mid-ship? She would be taking the elevator down to 6 either way.. We've always been in the aft dining room and it's no problem at all. Make your way back, take one of 4 elevators down and voila, you're right at the dining room. Our last Regal sailing had many folks in mobility scooters, walkers, etc and many of then ere traditional dining, didn't seem to have any problems at all..

Hi Everyone,

They are the same size and decor and serve the same menus. Symphony is 5:30 PM till 10:00. It is Anytime dining only.

Why would being aft pose any mobility issues at all, over being mid-ship? She would be taking the elevator down to 6 either way.. We've always been in the aft dining room and it's no problem at all. Make your way back, take one of 4 elevators down and voila, you're right at the dining room. Our last Regal sailing had many folks in mobility scooters, walkers, etc and many of then ere traditional dining, didn't seem to have any problems at all..

Hi Reedprincess,

To answer your question, our cabin is very close to the mid-ship elevators. From what I observed last sailing - on the Caribe deck, some areas of the hallway were relatively narrow, which *might* be challenging for someone using a mobility scooter - especially during evening hours, when there are cabin attendant carts in the hallways. Maybe I've got that wrong, but it was something I noticed.

I'm probably overthinking it, but it seems Concerto mid-ship dining room may make the most sense in our case - especially as the dining rooms are similiar, and the difference is only 15 minutes. On the phone, I was told Allegro was 6 pm. Thanks to the replies on this thread, I've learned it's 5:45 pm.

Thanks very much to everyone for your quick replies.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

The aft DR is has a very nice layout. As long as you are deck 7 or higher it is easy to get to. From your cabin just scooter down the hallway to the aft elevators and take them to deck 6.

Because of the lack of a center stairway the center elevators tend to be more crowded and more difficult for those on scooters.

Andy, your concerns about using a mobile scooter when housekeeping trollies are out, it is difficult to pass them in the hallways, saw this a couple of times on Emerald deck. Our cabin was a deluxe balcony and it protruded out further into the hallway, it might be worth checking if they have deluxe balconies on your deck and where they are situated so you can navigate to either the central elevators or the aft ones. We were situated nearer to the central elevators but they took ages and became frustrating at times, so we always took the aft ones instead but we are mobile, so no biggy for us.

Hi Reedprincess,

To answer your question, our cabin is very close to the mid-ship elevators. From what I observed last sailing - on the Caribe deck, some areas of the hallway were relatively narrow, which *might* be challenging for someone using a mobility scooter - especially during evening hours, when there are cabin attendant carts in the hallways. Maybe I've got that wrong, but it was something I noticed.

I'm probably overthinking it, but it seems Concerto mid-ship dining room may make the most sense in our case - especially as the dining rooms are similiar, and the difference is only 15 minutes. On the phone, I was told Allegro was 6 pm. Thanks to the replies on this thread, I've learned it's 5:45 pm.

Thanks very much to everyone for your quick replies.

I can appreciate that. In which case, you would simply take central elevators to 7, make your way back to aft and take elevator down one deck, which is what the vast majority of folks do as loads of people are out and about before dinner, dancing, pre-dinner cocktails, shopping, etc... Thus, housekeeping trolley concern alleviated!

Whichever works best for you, go for it. Enjoy your sailing.

We were on the Royal for 27 days in Aug/Sept. Those aft elevators that go down to Allegro were always very full at dinner time. A lot of passengers who use walkers or scooters were often late to dinner because many full elevators passed them by causing a lot of frustration. I wouldn't go down to Promenade deck and walk back to get an aft elevator. It would be better to get the elevator on a higher floor so you'd stand a better chance of getting to dinner on time.

Andy

If that 6:00 early dining time was hard to get I'd keep it if I were you.

The advice to try to take the aft elevator all the way down from the Caribe deck is good advice.

If you find the hallways difficult to navigate you can always switch to the Concerto at 5:30.

We've eaten in all 3 and I think the Allegro is much more beautiful than either the Concerto or Symphony.

The only thing I liked better about the 2 center dining rooms was being in the middle of all the activity immediately when we exited the dining room instead of having to walk all the way down the hall. (It's a little thing , I know, but just a different vibe)

Edited by chamima