New Suite Benefits - Sky Suites get Michael's Club Access

need2bespoiled

How many cabins does this add per Class. How many SS on an M, and on an S class?

We booked a Celebrity suites for 15 nights on our Panama Canal just for the purpose of enjoying Michael's - haven't experienced it yet. This is disappointing money wise as we could have saved money going with the Sky. All suites have been sold out for months now and the cruise isn't till 2017 - so those Sky bookers should be super happy!:D

If the venue is over taxed and the Concierge cannot provide excellent service - people do need to make their displeasure known so that they can have proper staffing. I'll be anxious to see the effect.

Quick count, I could be off by a few:

32 SS on M-Class

18 CS, RS and PH on M-Class

All S-Class EXCEPT Reflection:

22 CS, RS and PH

44 SS

Reflection:

84 SS

27 CS and Up (includes Signature suites and Reflection Suites)

Please also, remember, that many times there are more than 2 in suite, so more double occupancy have access, plus Zenith and VIPs.

I haven't been in Michael's Club on an S-Class ship in a while, but it definitely seems this could be a problem on Reflection, with SO many more suites. I don't see it impacting the M-Class ships too much, but only time will tell if the Concierge and seating can handle the expansion.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

32 SS on M-Class

22 CS, RS and PH

44 SS

Reflection:

84 SS

Please also, remember, that many times there are more than 2 in suite, so more double occupancy have access, plus Zenith and VIPs.

I haven't been in Michael's Club on an S-Class ship in a while, but it definitely seems this could be the biggest problem on Reflection, with SO many more suites.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks. That's basically tripling the guest count for the club. I could see that being an issue.

As one who customarily sails in lowly Concierge Class cabins, this is welcome news. I can't wait until this becomes "official" and we will definitely try a Sky Suite upgrade. To comfort those worried about crowding in Michaels, we won't go in there anyway. What interests us is the extra space of the suite and some of the other perks. Michaels has never had much appeal for us anyway.

We book sky suites so this is great news for us. My last three cruises I have not seen anyone in Michaels. I would rather have more people in Michaels to make more of a party. Just a few people would not be that much fun for me. I would rather go to the Elite happy Hour.

again, don't bother calling your TA or Celebrity. The promotion isn't supposed to be announced until Nov 16th (sorry, I previously said 17th, but it is actually 16th) so they don't know about it or have been trained not to discuss it yet.

We book sky suites so this is great news for us. My last three cruises I have not seen anyone in Michaels. I would rather have more people in Michaels to make more of a party. Just a few people would not be that much fun for me. I would rather go to the Elite happy Hour.

This was what Dee said, more people is better than being empty (which it was on our last sailing), but the sailing before, it was busy. As long as service doesn't decline, and we can find a seat when we'd like, I think it is a good move. Only time will tell.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna, wouldn`t you like to party with Mary Anne and me ? Heather

Of course :D You know we would!

We're planning a party or two on our upcoming cruise. There are still cabins left (only 1 suite though), hope on, we leave 3 weeks from tomorrow.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We were in a Royal Suite on the Summit earlier this year, and every time we went to Michael's Club, it was dead. The only time we saw several people in there was on embarkation day, and one night when they were having some type of special event. I felt sorry for the poor concierge sitting alone in that dark room all day.

I honestly don't see the allure of Michael's Club, at least on the M-class - I prefer the brighter, more lively bars.

We are sailing on 12/12 on Summit and I *hope* that date ends up being part of the roll out.

This year, because of how well the higher suites have been selling, we ended up booking this cruise in an SS for the first time as nothing higher was open. This is our honeymoon and admittedly, I haven't even told DH we are sailing in a SS because I have been hoping a CS, RS, or PH will open up. For DH, who is working on his PhD dissertation, Michael's is his favorite part of cruising. He reads/writes in there during the day and then loves the pre and after dinner drinks and special events. He, like Curt, loves meeting new people while cruising and Michael's is perfect for that.

All said, we will probably still be in our SS this cruise but if he can get his Michael's access, all will be fantastic for him.

Currently on Connie TA and no one who should know about changes is aware of any changes.

However, let's assume that the reported changes are correct. I have a vested interest since I use MC on every cruise, so I may have a bias.

I believe that adding Sky Suites to MC at this time would be a mistake. It would change the nature of MC as a small, intimate place where quiet conversation takes place. Possibly doubling the number of users would be a major challenge during peak hours. We've consistently had 40+ passengers in MC before and after dinner on my current cruise. We are having a special event tonight and I believe that seats will be difficult to find. The current space just won't handle the increased demand. Perhaps adding Sky Suites on the new builds will make sense. I don't think that Sky Suites will be added without a significant rise in fates. Someone needs to pay for those"free" drinks. Many who book these cabins will be priced out of the market. Celebrity will sell fewer drink packages since those who visit MC can get drinks to take away all day.

You sound like me. My other half? She wants the space.

Seriously though, if it wasn't for the space why not book the RS? Or a CS and just pay for the upgrade of the beverage package and Internet?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna,

We've been in RS and CS. I guess we've just gotten use to the space of the PH (and that balcony!) and the service we've experienced while staying in the PH.

I may be re-thinking things now though.

The only bright side to this is on our first Bermuda sailing next year we're in the PH and the rest of my family is in 3 SS on Deck 6. So we'll all be able to utilize Michael's Club (oh, by the way, children are booked in 2 of Sky Suites so there will be children in Michael's Club and in Luminae. I'm sure that won't go over well with others!)

Janice

32 SS on M-Class

22 CS, RS and PH

44 SS

Reflection:

84 SS

I haven't been in Michael's Club on an S-Class ship in a while, but it definitely seems this could be a problem on Reflection, with SO many more suites. I don't see it impacting the M-Class ships too much, but only time will tell if the Concierge and seating can handle the expansion.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

So currently, Michaels on M class serves 18 suites/36+ people assuming they are all sold. And on S class serves 22 suites/44+ people. (The + is the 3rd or 4th people, plus Zeniths and VIP passengers.)

That's not very many people. They must be looking at utilization of a dedicated space not earning any other revenue for 36+ to 44+ passengers who may or may not show up. Celebrity is paying to staff it all day/evening with an employee who is trained to work well with high-end expectations.

Meanwhile, all but a few Caribbean cruises coming up this December still show suite availability on the website (and not just Sky Suite, but Celebrity, Signature, Royal.)

Jenna,

We've been in RS and CS. I guess we've just gotten use to the space of the PH (and that balcony!) and the service we've experienced while staying in the PH.

The only bright side to this is on our first Bermuda sailing next year we're in the PH and the rest of my family is in 3 SS on Deck 6. So we'll all be able to utilize Michael's Club (oh, by the way, children are booked in 2 of Sky Suites so there will be children in Michael's Club and in Luminae. I'm sure that won't go over well with others!)

Janice

There have always been children in Michael's...usually complaining about how bored they are and could they please go to the pool/stateroom/etc :D

This was what Dee said, more people is better than being empty (which it was on our last sailing), but the sailing before, it was busy. As long as service doesn't decline, and we can find a seat when we'd like, I think it is a good move. Only time will tell.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I'd be shocked if Celebrity doesn't add more personnel to ensure that the service doesn't decline. Obviously there's nothing they can do about the size of MC, but adding more personnel sounds like a no-brainer. I have no experience with MC since it's become an exclusive club for suite guests (I guess I'll experience it for the first time on my 2017 Eclipse cruise), but my guess is that initially MC may become quite crowded, as people who previously haven't experienced it want to see what it's like, but as someone (maybe Cle-Guy?) mentioned earlier- there is a lot to do on the ship and I think eventually the club will have no problems handling the number of guests (except on Reflection- I still don't know how MC will handle the increased number of guests on that ship). And disembarkation could be an issue that will have to be addressed as well....

As far as disembarkation goes, on our last cruise, several of us went to Michael's to say good bye and then self debarked during self assist debarkation. The concierge told us we didn't need to do that but we all had plans for the day. I bet you see an increase of that and it not be a problem.

There have always been children in Michael's...usually complaining about how bored they are and could they please go to the pool/stateroom/etc :D

These children are 15 months and 3 years old.......so they won't going to the pool or back to the room by themselves......they'll be with us at all times!:D

I don't think that Sky Suites will be added without a significant rise in fates. Someone needs to pay for those"free" drinks. Many who book these cabins will be priced out of the market. Celebrity will sell fewer drink packages since those who visit MC can get drinks to take away all day.

There will be a good number of those in Sky suites who already have drinks packages so there is no real extra cost for them.

There will be a good number of those in Sky suites who already have drinks packages so there is no real extra cost for them.

Many of those who normally purchase drink packages will not see a need to do so since they can get what they want and take it where they wish. However, all Suite passengers will actually pay for a drink package as it will be imbedded into the price of the cabin.

Edited by Orator

We had access to MC last year and the joint was dead with a capital D. Two Zenith couples and seven of us in suites were the only participants during the times we visited . It was kind of amusing talking sometimes to only four or five people and at other times perhaps six or seven. Maybe we were just hitting the off hours, but it really seemed strange and after a few days, we preferred sitting in other venues.

Jenna,

Janice

Most suites on our last Bermuda cruise (a bit over a year ago) had 3-4 in each suite (well, the RSs anyway) and Michael's Club was moderately busy.

This past April on Summit, it was DEAD for 2 weeks in the Caribbean, barely used. Ghost town. I think that is the nature of the type of sailing it was. December 2014 in Asia, busy, busy, busy, one night for a special event every possible person who could be there, was, but most guests were there most nights, at least for a bit, It definitely varies sailing to sailig.

We've sailed in the full range of cabins (almost). Dee will Lobby for the importance to her of a separate bedroom and space to entertain. I will lobby to save money, cruise more (on a ship or on our boat).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Many of those who normally purchase drink packages will not see a need to do so since they can get what they want and take it where they wish. However, all Suite passengers will actually pay for a drink package as it will be imbedded into the price of the cabin.

Personally, if I am on deck 16 I do not want to get dressed and walk down all those stairs to get a bottle of water and back up again. Nor am I going to walk from my cabin at the rear of the ship on deck 9, 10 or 11 to get a free drink. We don't use Michael's because of the free drinks, we use it because we like the room and always have done.

I always felt that the Michael's drinks should only be free if you were in one of the drink package included suites or were Zenith. It should be at change for anyone without a drinks package as far as I am concerned, but I don't make the Rules, that is Celebrity's job. Then the ships ignore them!!!

I am glad we are not on untill nearer the end of February to let this all settle down.

Well this is good news for me.

We're booked in a Sky Suite on Connie in March.

I notice tat the small print says cruise must be booked on or after November 16. How will they control people who booked on November 15?

Different color key cards? Can't believe they'd go to such trouble. Good luck, Jules