First impressions of Pacific Eden

She is still a fair sized ship. When we crossed the Tasman on her as Statendam , there was a bit of movement but she coped very well.:)

I imagine the stabilizers would help and then they always adjust the speed to assist in the comfort of the passengers. :D

Royalty X,

Thank you for your interesting review and for sharing your photos.

We sailed on Statendam back in 2009, a 28 day Panama Canal cruise, San Diego to Fort Lauderdale return.

What were then the Deluxe Suites look to be much the same,( separate dressing room area with wash basin etc) except of course for the new furnishings.

Royalty X,

Thank you for your interesting review and for sharing your photos.

We sailed on Statendam back in 2009, a 28 day Panama Canal cruise, San Diego to Fort Lauderdale return.

What were then the Deluxe Suites look to be much the same,( separate dressing room area with wash basin etc) except of course for the new furnishings.

..and those huge balconies..:):)

I am picking once people get to know about them they will be the ones to sell out first . Even though they are more expensive many people will pay the extra for that touch of luxury ..:)

I am picking once people get to know about them they will be the ones to sell out first . Even though they are more expensive many people will pay the extra for that touch of luxury ..:)

Super big balconies:).

Yes, I will go the larger balcony for the right itinerary, as will many other people.:D

We've got a deck 10 BA towards the back - someone tell me this is a larger balcony?? If not, where are they?

The larger suites with the big balconies are on Deck 10, from 10058/10059 forward. When you look at the deck plan can see that they are double the size of the other balcony staterooms.

I get on her in a few hours for the 10 day trip to Sydney. I'll post back with my thoughts on food from the MDR and Pantry. And other restaurants, but as long as I'm not cooking I'm not that picky :). Unless it's inedible.

Shall also give thoughts on rest of ship and how things are running onboard after her trial yesterday and last night with the lucky few.

I would love to know, how did you go getting seats at the pantry, and would it also be possible for you to post a picture off the beer and cocktail menu, so i can see what the selection and prices are, did they offer drinks packages. Thank you in advance hope you are having a great time.

We are HAL/Celebrity fans, have never considered P&O before but I'm now intrigued, they have some great itineraries coming up...wondering if I should take a leap of faith and book one of the PNG cruises!

Thanks for your review and pictures, made a great read!

Hey Lanwood, what I love is that we can depart from Adelaide. No other cruise line gives us this opportunity so I hope the Eden lives up to the hype. I know that some well know cruise travel agents split longer cruises that call into Adelaide so you can get on here, but that is not the same as a proper sail away with everyone embarking from the same Port.

Thanks for the review. The ship looks and sounds great. This is quite a step up from the old P&O.

We have cruised a couple of time on the old Ryndam so I would like to see what changes they make. She had an enormous marble sculpture/fountain in the atrium. I wonder if they will keep that. There was also a fair bit of original artwork around the ship.

Hey Lanwood, what I love is that we can depart from Adelaide. No other cruise line gives us this opportunity so I hope the Eden lives up to the hype. I know that some well know cruise travel agents split longer cruises that call into Adelaide so you can get on here, but that is not the same as a proper sail away with everyone embarking from the same Port.

Yep, Yep, Yep...

It will be a pleasant change not having to fly to and From my cruise.

The only time I've actually come of a cruise and drove straight home was on the QM2.

My travel agent sent me the P&O magazine with a several page spread of the new Eden/Aria. Looks pretty spiffy do for a P&O. Generally I've avoided P&O as I thought it would not be my cup of tea, then with the release of the P&O Brittania, I thought she would be my first dip in the cruise line (yes I know it's not P&O Australia), but now we've got a nice looking mid size beauty at our door......looking forward to my test drive...

Thanks for the review. The ship looks and sounds great. This is quite a step up from the old P&O.

We have cruised a couple of time on the old Ryndam so I would like to see what changes they make. She had an enormous marble sculpture/fountain in the atrium. I wonder if they will keep that. There was also a fair bit of original artwork around the ship.

Hi Aus Traveller. The large sculpture in the atrium is gone now. :)

I think the ship looks lovely and can't complain about anything :). I'm relaxed

Fantastic!! Glad you are enjoying the inaugural cruise. I know someone else also on board at the moment and all they can seem to do is whinge and complain, was making me nervous for my upcoming on Eden. Glad it seems a case of the other cruiser rather than the ship.

Loved the photos of Eden. I have been searching everywhere to find photos of Aria but assume them to be the same/similar. There is very little information so far as they are only new to P & O Aus I suppose.

The decor is probably the best I've ever seen on any P & O Aus ship.

Looking forward to boarding Aria on Monday for a week....just booked and now happy. :)

I will report in if anyone is interested. It's up the coast so internet won't be a problem.

:)

Edited by Gold Coast Cruisers

Loved the photos of Eden. I have been searching everywhere to find photos of Aria but assume them to be the same/similar. There is very little information so far as they are only new to P & O Aus I suppose.

The decor is probably the best I've ever seen on any P & O Aus ship.

Looking forward to boarding Aria on Monday for a week....just booked and now happy. :)

I will report in if anyone is interested. It's up the coast so internet won't be a problem.

:)

The Aria has it's inaugural voyage tomorrow. Louise (Aussie Cruise critic editor) is on board as well as quite others, myself included so I am sure there will be plenty of photos by the end of the week.:D

Fantastic!! Glad you are enjoying the inaugural cruise. I know someone else also on board at the moment and all they can seem to do is whinge and complain, was making me nervous for my upcoming on Eden. Glad it seems a case of the other cruiser rather than the ship.

Sadly there are a lot of complainers ........well a few. Not sure why folks bother to cruise when all they do is complain. Oh well, I'm sure you'll have a lovely cruise. P&O has pleasantly surprised me on my first cruise with them. And I was coming in with eyes open to the fact it's an inaugural cruise.