First impressions of Pacific Eden

Sadly there are a lot of complainers ........well a few. Not sure why folks bother to cruise when all they do is complain. Oh well, I'm sure you'll have a lovely cruise.

Ditto. I don't get it at all. Nothing is ever good enough.

Just relax and enjoy.

Sadly there are a lot of complainers ........well a few. Not sure why folks bother to cruise when all they do is complain. Oh well, I'm sure you'll have a lovely cruise. P&O has pleasantly surprised me on my first cruise with them. And I was coming in with eyes open to the fact it's an inaugural cruise.

Good to hear that you are impressed rather than disappointed.:D

Sadly there are a lot of complainers ........well a few. Not sure why folks bother to cruise when all they do is complain. Oh well, I'm sure you'll have a lovely cruise. P&O has pleasantly surprised me on my first cruise with them. And I was coming in with eyes open to the fact it's an inaugural cruise.

We had the same thing on our most recent cruise, as I said elsewhere I'm certain mny of them would complain if they won the lottery and about things that were eithe a result of them not even looking at the itinerary (number of sea days or tender Ports as examples) or out if anyone's control (weather was a Goid one).

Well I hope none of them complained about the sail -in this morning ! It was amazing being onboard and even better that the whole show was on the starboard side. I could watch happily from my balcony without one complainer in earshot ! Very exciting. Tonight should be spectacular for you lucky ones onboard.

Well I hope none of them complained about the sail -in this morning ! It was amazing being onboard and even better that the whole show was on the starboard side. I could watch happily from my balcony without one complainer in earshot ! Very exciting. Tonight should be spectacular for you lucky ones onboard.

London to a brick someone complained about something, they always seem to.

P&O could enlist the help of us CC tragics and paint the hulls of Eden and Aria, WHITE !!

I would like to see the media desist in describing them as 'new ships.' They are refurbished/refitted ex HAL ships from the Carnival Group !! Hear that Kochie and co at Sunrise? LOL.

What say ye?

Edited by NSWP

P&O could enlist the help of us CC tragics and paint the hulls of Eden and Aria, WHITE !!

I would like to see the media desist in describing them as 'new ships.' They are refurbished/refitted ex HAL ships from the Carnival Group !! Hear that Kochie and co at Sunrise? LOL.

What say ye?

I say Aye.

But I guess a repaint will take a dry dock.

Personally I like the dark blue hulls, I think they look classy. Like them on HAL ships too.

However imagine how much paint and how many coats it would take to make over the ships in white. It would cost a fortunate and I would rather they spent the money elsewhere.

Personally I like the dark blue hulls, I think they look classy. Like them on HAL ships too.

However imagine how much paint and how many coats it would take to make over the ships in white. It would cost a fortunate and I would rather they spent the money elsewhere.

I wonder if one takes less maintenance than the other I know every time Princess is in port anywhere they seem to being to touch up jobs on the Hulls paint job.

They did originally discuss painting the hulls white but the cost was going to be too great. I like the dark blue as well.

What say ye?

Just the same as some guy getting a second hand car. He'll say he got a new car, as it's new to him - even though the car itself isn't new.

Same here - plus they've been significantly refurbished.

There has been lots of painting and varnishing happening. Including painting the hull with paint rollers. To be honest also, there have been serious short comings that need to be fixed. Not worth whingeing over, but they need to be recognised and rectified. The Eden is still a lovely ship which is well worth sailing on.

Steve.

I like the dark hulls and after the Aria cruise, they need to work on plenty of other areas first rather than the cosmetic ones.

Oh dear, there are "troubles" on Aria as well? With two prize additions to the fleet I hope P&O realise they need to lift their game.

Steve.

Oh dear, there are "troubles" on Aria as well? With two prize additions to the fleet I hope P&O realise they need to lift their game.

Steve.

It was the inaugural cruise and is nothing some experience cannot fix. With 60% of the crew (I was told) being on their first contract processes were just slightly tardy. During the cruise it was already getting better and the difference between the first and the second day was huge.:D

It takes time to bed in the timing and procedures of things.

You don't go on an inaugural cruise to see things run smoothly.

Exactly, you go on it because it is the first cruise and a new ship (at least to the cruise line) but in this case it was those reasons as well as being part of the harbour party.:D

It takes time to bed in the timing and procedures of things.

You don't go on an inaugural cruise to see things run smoothly.

Exactly....When Cunard launched QM2 it was so bad Carnival Corp had to step in and take over the catering via the Princess team .

There are internet packages in mb not minutes like Princess. They also give examples of what each package would give in terms of how many emails and FB pages you can view. The wifi in the cabin was slow and iffy but fast enough in the Red Room which is advertised as a hot spot. I could face time there with no issues.

I bought too much and only used half of what was required :)

This on Eden from Freo.

• 4 weeks later...
Can you tell me what level are the huge balconies on . Val:)

The huge balconies referred to are the balconies for the Suites , I think its deck 10. The suites are really nice, ( I have only been invited to drinks in one ). The balconies run the full length of the suite which contains a bedroom and sitting room , all open plan . They are also quite deep.

The suites used to also enjoy their own private Lounge , The Neptune Lounge, but I dont think P&O are providing that luxury.

It will be interesting to see how bookings go for them. If P&O are too greedy they wont fill them .

I'm lucky enough to be spending a night on Pacific Eden for a quick spin off the coast, and I have to say, I'm impressed! This is not like any ship P&O has operated before.

They've clearly spent a lot of time and money upgrading the ship and they've certainly taken the P&O product to the next level. The fit out of the public spaces is breathtaking.

I'll be posting a heap of pics tomorrow once I'm back on dry land. But early indications are that these ships are game changers for P&O. [emoji4]

Hi has anybody got cabin reveiw for level6 oh6215 , we are getting a bit worried about reviews on the Eden ,