** LIVE from the Independence of the Seas B2B November 16-26, 2015**

ckrobyn

Welcome to my 2nd ever LIVE report! I actually had a lot of fun with my first one which was on the Freedom last February, so I decided to do it all again :) In fact, I am excited to do it all again! The one caveat will be the internet speed onboard. I have heard different things about the connection, and one of the girls on our cruise is already onboard and we have been communicating via her wifi with little to no difficulty, so fingers crossed!

I tend to post a lot. I carry my iphone around the ship with me and upload pictures as well as answer questions on a regular basis throughout the day. Some may think this detracts from my vacation, but it really doesn't. I like doing it ;) I hope you will follow along, and enjoy this cruise with me!

A little info on who is cruising. Without giving away my age, I will tell you that this annual "girls cruise" has been a tradition every November since I turned 40. Suffice to say I am older than 40 and this is our 9th girls cruise.....so grab your calculators and do the math! Every year there are different people cruising with us, but my BFF is the one constant each year. I am sure she will chime in (shar27) as she is already on the ship for the 4 night cruise before my b2b begins, as she will be disembarking on the 21st. There are 3 others cruising with us and we all have late dining together. I was able to confirm the table I wanted through the email to the dining room coordinator. A nice D+ perk.

I have just checked in for our very early flight to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow morning and was excited to see an upgrade to first class offer for cheap, so I grabbed it! That will be a nice way to start off our cruise vacation:) Tonight I will be staying at the Marriott near the Toronto airport so I don't have to wake up my entire house when I leave at 4AM, which according to some, is considered the crack of humanity! Our pre-cruise stay will be at the Hyatt Pier 66 on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale. I have confirmed tower rooms overlooking the port, and I am looking forward to watching the Indy come in to port to pick me up. There will be lots of pictures of the hotel, and feel free to ask for anything specific and I am happy to help.

I still have some suitcase struggles to deal with before I leave for the airport hotel late this afternoon. Packing should come relatively easy after so many cruises, but I still need to bring the luggage scale with me :rolleyes:

I am really excited about this trip and look forward to sharing it with you. I will be staying in a Promenade cabin for the very first time - first time cruising in a solo cabin. I can't lie, I am looking forward to my own space!

The B2B is two 5 night cruises and we will visit 4 ports: Labadee, Jamaica (Falmouth), Cozumel and Belize.

Welcome to my cruise! :)

Having a blast on the Independence!!!

There is a huge group on board right now, Team National, who are, for the most part newbie cruisers. 1800 of them. Can anyone say PARTY SHIP?? [emoji2]

Hopefully they will restock the bars on turnaround day![emoji6]

Looking forward to my Girls arriving on Monday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's finally here! I have been looking forward to your LIVE report as I so enjoyed the one from Freedom.

We will be boarding Indy 11/30, sorry to miss sailing with you.

Look forward to seeing pics from Pier 66, one of our favorites. The tower rooms with that view are great for seeing the ships sail in and out! I recommend the fish burritos at Pelican's Landing if you haven't tried them yet.

Could you share that email info for the MDR tables (or point me to the site)? I finally get to use that with this cruise.

Safe travels!

Debbie

I am looking forward to your live reports. I hope the wifi is on board with your plans, other wise you might be live from the ports of call.

Andrew

Yikes!!!! I sure hope not [emoji16]

Either way, I'm going for it.

It's finally here! I have been looking forward to your LIVE report as I so enjoyed the one from Freedom.

We will be boarding Indy 11/30, sorry to miss sailing with you.

Look forward to seeing pics from Pier 66, one of our favorites. The tower rooms with that view are great for seeing the ships sail in and out! I recommend the fish burritos at Pelican's Landing if you haven't tried them yet.

Could you share that email info for the MDR tables (or point me to the site)? I finally get to use that with this cruise.

Safe travels!

Debbie

Hi Debbie, the email address is

rcldining@rccl.com

They are very helpful and responded right away.

I'll post lots of pics from the Hyatt!

I hope you have a great cruise! I am looking forward to your review especially since I will be sailing on Independence in January. I am also D+ and would love to know the email to the dining room coordinator if you can share???

Thanks for following along - I posted the email address above :)

Having a blast on the Independence!!!

There is a huge group on board right now, Team National, who are, for the most part newbie cruisers. 1800 of them. Can anyone say PARTY SHIP?? [emoji2]

Hopefully they will restock the bars on turnaround day![emoji6]

Looking forward to my Girls arriving on Monday!!

There you are!

They better restock the Clamato......I know someone who's been dippin' in for the last few days......oh, and the vodka too :)

See you in 48 hours! xox

I am subscribe and will be following along - thank you so much for doing this.

One question, do you know or can you check if they offer the Mystery Dinner in Giovanni's on the 5 night itinerary?

Looks like a fun night and I saw with Washy Washy review (on which it was a longer cruise), they offered that but not sure if they offer it on the shorter itineraries.

We are also doing a B2B in January but our second part is a charter cruise and we are also staying in a Promenade cabin.

Normally do a balcony but charter was expensive and wanted to stay in the same cabin for both cruises so again looking forward to reading your comments on how everything goes.

Have a safe flight to Florida and enjoy your great time/cruise with the girls! :):)

Patti

I am subscribe and will be following along - thank you so much for doing this.

One question, do you know or can you check if they offer the Mystery Dinner in Giovanni's on the 5 night itinerary?

Looks like a fun night and I saw with Washy Washy review (on which it was a longer cruise), they offered that but not sure if they offer it on the shorter itineraries.

We are also doing a B2B in January but our second part is a charter cruise and we are also staying in a Promenade cabin.

Normally do a balcony but charter was expensive and wanted to stay in the same cabin for both cruises so again looking forward to reading your comments on how everything goes.

Have a safe flight to Florida and enjoy your great time/cruise with the girls! :):)

Patti

Hi Patti [emoji4] I will check on the Mystery Dinner for you.

I also have the same cabin for both weeks, it makes the b2b an even better experience!

Thanks for following along.

Following along. At least you are not posting pictures of snow at your house as you did in your last review.

Have a great cruise and enjoy that OBC.:)

Hi Ken :) No snow in Toronto yet.....we shall what awaits me on my return? :eek: For now my posts will be all about sun and palm trees!