Charges on final bill

Lily815

We just got off of the Escape, and there are two charges on 11/13 entitled "show tickets" in the amount of $5.40 each. The only show we had on the 13th was After Midnight. We did not have any drinks at the show. Is this something new?! i will have Amex remove the charges - just wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

Let us know if you find out. Last morning invoices on multiple cruise lines have had phantom charges before. Usually low cost like these but simply not right.

Well, I'm not even bothering to call NCL. I will just have Amex remove the charges as unauthorized. I was just wondering if anyone else had those charges and knew what they were.

Well, I'm not even bothering to call NCL. I will just have Amex remove the charges as unauthorized. I was just wondering if anyone else had those charges and knew what they were.

I would call them as a courtesy. That is the procedure you are supposed to follow, and it gives the vendor the chance to correct it. Then, if they don't, you still can do a charge back.

Many places of business will refuse to do business with people who issue credit card charge backs without first contacting them.

I would call them as a courtesy. That is the procedure you are supposed to follow, and it gives the vendor the chance to correct it. Then, if they don't, you still can do a charge back.

Many places of business will refuse to do business with people who issue credit card charge backs without first contacting them.

I would also call them after all they could tell you what exactly it is for and maybe it was something you simply forgot that you bought or something like that - It's fair to give them the option to at least tell you what it was and give them the chance to remove it - You would look silly to your credit card company if they come back with a signed receipt that you paid for something on the boat - I mean honestly $5 is not going to break you while you wait for NCL to figure it out and if it is then you have bigger issues than worrying about that $5 charge

Edited by bnorris10

Get in touch with NCL and keep pushing for an explanation. Do not unilaterally get the charge removed without giving the company a chance to explain. If you are wrong you could well be blacklisted and not able to use your credit card with them again.

Good luck but keep pushing.

Mike

Get in touch with NCL and keep pushing for an explanation. Do not unilaterally get the charge removed without giving the company a chance to explain. If you are wrong you could well be blacklisted and not able to use your credit card with them again.

Good luck but keep pushing.

Mike

Ok, thank you.

We just got off of the Escape, and there are two charges on 11/13 entitled "show tickets" in the amount of $5.40 each. The only show we had on the 13th was After Midnight. We did not have any drinks at the show. Is this something new?! i will have Amex remove the charges - just wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

It's $5.39 and it's 18% gratuity on the $29.95 charge.

Stephen

IF and if what Stephen thinks is :eek: true, how "nice" :rolleyes: of NCL to add 18% gratuity to a show - pending confirmation/clarification. It is what it is, not whinning, just another "change" for the cruise passenger's convenience - of course, LOL> :mad:

Just wondering which team is going to share these gratuities <thumbdown> or, just different accounting methods used to book revenue, but ... whatever.

# Shrug

Edited by mking8288

IF and if what Stephen thinks is :eek: true, how "nice" :rolleyes: of NCL to add 18% gratuity to a show - pending confirmation/clarification. It is what it is, not whinning, just another "change" for the cruise passenger's convenience - of course, LOL> :mad:

Just wondering which team is going to share these gratuities <thumbdown> or, just different accounting methods used to book revenue, but ... whatever.

# Shrug

Well, it's straight from the Hotel Director's mouth, so I'm guessing it's true.

I'm guessing it's the same people who used to benefit from it when it was lumped-in to the $34.95 price.

Usually the credit card company expects you to contact the vendor first.

Usually the credit card company expects you to contact the vendor first.

Not for an unauthorized charge, and not Amex. Regardless, I sent an email to NCL. If they respond before the charge posts to my card, that's great. If not, Amex will remove it as soon as I notify them. I was only curious if this has happened to anyone else. In 15 NCL cruises, this is a first.

Not for an unauthorized charge, and not Amex. Regardless, I sent an email to NCL. If they respond before the charge posts to my card, that's great. If not, Amex will remove it as soon as I notify them. I was only curious if this has happened to anyone else. In 15 NCL cruises, this is a first.

Yes, they will. And as soon as NCL shows them the slip of paper you signed when you checked-in, authorizing the charges, with your signature..... they'll add it back again.