Anyone know??

Yesterday I booked a Caribbean cruise as a Christmas present surprise for my family. It's not till Feb, 2017 and I booked a Grand Loft Suite.

At that point in time the new Suite Class service will be in effect.

I understand that the agents probably don't have all the answers right now because the perks begin in May 2016, but you would think they would have some idea for people booking cruises with them.

With our suite, we get pretty much all inclusive, drink packages, internet, speciality dining included, gratuities included etc....

When I called and booked this cruise yesterday, I was told that ALL amenities are applied to ALL guests in the suite. I just called to clarify something about my deposit and once again asked the girl who answered my call if in fact, this was the case. She had a different answer! She said that the included ultimate beverage package was for the first two guests only! What??? For $16,000 I have to pay for my son's drinks? She said that the unlimited mini bar was for the first two guests only! LOL, will they have cameras in the cabin to show them it was me and not my son (the 3rd in the cabin) who drank a soda from the minibar? She said as far as she knew, most of the other amenities were for all, but they are still deciding on some of them.

NO WHERE in the Suite Class literature does it state that certain amenities are for the first two only.

We usually sail Celebrity and their new suite perks extend to everyone registered in the cabin. I'm so frustrated with these cruise lines adding things only to find out no one has a clue about promos, rules, etc.

Anyone have any info or know better then these clueless agents how the Suite benefits will work? Appreciate if anyone does.

I'm at the point that I may cancel this cruise and go back to Celebrity where I know exactly what I am getting for my money!

No, I don't know, and I don't have time to read your long post in a hard to read font.

Next time you post, please add a descriptive title, so people will know what you are writing about and can decide whether or not to read your post. With a title like "Anyone know??", most won't waste their time.

Edited by MisterBill99

No, I don't know, and I don't have time to read your long post in a hard to read font.

Next time you post, please add a descriptive title, so people will know what you are writing about and can decide whether or not to read your post. With a title like "Anyone know??", most won't waste their time.

Could you please tell me what is hard to read in my post? I am seeing it as very large and easy to read.

While you posted this on the Quantum class subsection, suite perks extend to all ships and you might get more info if you post this on the main board. As was mentioned a better title might garner more interest.

The new Suite Class and amenities is available on all Oasis and Quantum Class ships only - not all RCCL ships. I do agree that the OP may get more responses on the main RCCL board with more information that may be helpful, but the new suite class will not be on all ships.

OP,

I completely understand your frustration with the lack of information and getting conflicting information from RCCL Customer Care about the program. I have not seen any advertising that states a limit on the number of guests that can use the benefits of the new program either... if you equate it to any other suite amenity, you receive the amenity if you are staying in the suite - they do not limit concierge/suite lounge access to only a certain number of people staying in the suite, or any other benefit, so why would we assume that they would limit any of the new benefits of the new program if it is not stated in the literature or on their website.

Being that the new Suite Classes are not available until May of 2016, they may not actually have all the answers yet (or at least may not have been trained to provide details yet). I am sure that they are indeed still working out the intricate details of the program and that some of what is known may change between May 2016 roll-out and February 2017 based on customer feedback.

That is just my 2-cents...

Could you please tell me what is hard to read in my post? I am seeing it as very large and easy to read.

A way too long paragraph with no spaces between it and other paragraphs.

And just the ridiculous "Anyone know??" subject line.

Edited by MisterBill99

A way too long paragraph with no spaces between it and other paragraphs.

And just the ridiculous "Anyone know??" subject line.

Oh my so sorry...I didn't know that posters are chastised for how they write, word, title and space their posts here on the RCCL boards. When you opened it and saw how long (gimme a break!) my post was then you should have moved on instead of spewing your snide comments.

If the "welcome" I got here from certain people is any indication of the kind of people that sail RCCL, I'll stick to Celebrity.

Happy sailing everyone, I hope you aren't scolded for your next post!

For the couple of kind posters that did give me some advice, I thank you :)

Yesterday I booked a Caribbean cruise as a Christmas present surprise for my family. It's not till Feb, 2017 and I booked a Grand Loft Suite.

I understand that the agents probably don't have all the answers right now because the perks begin in May 2016, but you would think they would have some idea for people booking cruises with them.

With our suite, we get pretty much all inclusive, drink packages, internet, speciality dining included, gratuities included etc....

When I called and booked this cruise yesterday, I was told that ALL amenities are applied to ALL guests in the suite. I just called to clarify something about my deposit and once again asked the girl who answered my call if in fact, this was the case. She had a different answer! She said that the included ultimate beverage package was for the first two guests only! What??? For $16,000 I have to pay for my son's drinks? She said that the unlimited mini bar was for the first two guests only! LOL, will they have cameras in the cabin to show them it was me and not my son (the 3rd in the cabin) who drank a soda from the minibar? She said as far as she knew, most of the other amenities were for all, but they are still deciding on some of them.

NO WHERE in the Suite Class literature does it state that certain amenities are for the first two only.

We usually sail Celebrity and their new suite perks extend to everyone registered in the cabin. I'm so frustrated with these cruise lines adding things only to find out no one has a clue about promos, rules, etc.

Anyone have any info or know better then these clueless agents how the Suite benefits will work? Appreciate if anyone does.

I'm at the point that I may cancel this cruise and go back to Celebrity where I know exactly what I am getting for my money!

Don't know if this link is what you are looking for:

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b5fcb56f#/b5fcb56f/1

Thank you so much Anne Marie! I actually did see that brochure on RCCL's website and looked through it page by page and no where does it say certain amenities are intended for only the first two passengers in a cabin.

I guess I'll wait till the roll-out when someone will have a better grip on what the perks are all about.

Guest maddycat

I found your post very easy to read. I also agree with the OP that you will probably get more replies if you post your question on the main RCI board.

Just ignore rude posts that comment on your spelling, grammar, format, etc.

Edited by maddycat

Oh my so sorry...I didn't know that posters are chastised for how they write, word, title and space their posts here on the RCCL boards. When you opened it and saw how long (gimme a break!) my post was then you should have moved on instead of spewing your snide comments.

I was trying to be helpful, believe it or not. Most people will probably pass on reading your post because they have no idea what you're asking about. I doubt that many people read every post here. And putting it in the Quantum class section didn't do yourself any favors, either.

Posting with a subject line of "Drink package only for first two guests in a suite?" (which is what I gather your question is about from the other replies here) would have told people what you were asking about, and maybe someone who knew the answer would have opened it and posted a knowledgeable response. Furthermore, future readers of this board who might have the same question will have absolutely no idea that their question is answered here because the subject line is generic to the point of being useless.

Now, if someone stumbles in here wondering what you're talking about and gives you the answer you're looking for, you'll probably tell me that I'm wrong and that you got your answer, so there was nothing wrong with your post.

Edited by MisterBill99

The new Suite Class and amenities is available on all Oasis and Quantum Class ships only - not all RCCL ships. I do agree that the OP may get more responses on the main RCCL board with more information that may be helpful, but the new suite class will not be on all ships.

While that is the official word from RCI at the moment, if successful, I can't imagine them not extending this to Freedom and Voyager class as well. They don't want to have such difference between say the Freedom and Anthem. We already know that by June next year we'll have threads on here from folks complaining that they didn't get their suite benefits on some Voyager or Freedom class ship.

While that is the official word from RCI at the moment, if successful, I can't imagine them not extending this to Freedom and Voyager class as well. They don't want to have such difference between say the Freedom and Anthem. We already know that by June next year we'll have threads on here from folks complaining that they didn't get their suite benefits on some Voyager or Freedom class ship.

I agree... I'm sure that the roll-out will be from the newest ship classes to the older ones. At this point though, there is no announcement or timeline that the new suite amenities will be rolled out to any ships except these. Just wanted to set the correct expectation.

If the "welcome" I got here from certain people is any indication of the kind of people that sail RCCL, I'll stick to Celebrity.

I know what you mean CruisersTimesThree, people who post sometimes have an inflated sense of self and are so thick skinned that they fail to see how rude they appear in print. When challenged they claim ignorance and say they are 'just trying to help' Nonsense, they write a few posts and get power crazy!!

• 2 weeks later...

Can you whine and moan any louder???????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry you're experiencing this nonsense. Your post was easy to read, and perfectly legitimate questions to ask, but this gives me creedence to set the offender to "ignore" mode, which I will do soonest, including any more who gave you issues.

I hope that you have a wonderful cruise in your suite!!