Chops grille

Is chops grille worth it the first night?? I would like to hear reviews on the restaurant!!

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The quality of chops varies based on ship.

what ship are you sailing on?

On the Liberty, for example I thought it was BAD and that the Italian rest was way better. Others on other ships may have different experiences

Chops is hit or miss depending on the ship. My last experience on Freedom was a couple of years ago and while it was cheaper then, it also wasn't worth the money back then. We've had better experiences on Brilliance and Independence and a lousy experience on Allure. On our last Oasis cruise we chose not to roll the dice.

Wow I'm not the only one.

Having done Chops on most of our RCCL cruises I have to agree it isn't the best onboard.

usually the filet is better at Portofinos/Giovannis

onboard the Allure I was disappointed on paying a $19 UPCHARGE FOR THE PORTER HOUSE It was not a prime 28day dry aged steak. Ive had better choice steaks

Onboard the Navigator they actually stopped the line for the Captain to get his dinner:confused:

My biggest complaint is they got rid of the ribeye:eek:

Edited by jonbgd

After several disappointing dinners we gave Chops a rest for several cruises. On our last cruise we decided to give Chops another try...enticed by a 20% discount on the first night. Big disappointment. The filet was tough and both of our steaks (ordered medium) were grossly under-cooked and had to be sent back. I can understand downgrading the quality of beef, but there is no excuse for a steak house to be unable to cook steaks to order. Appetizers were so-so and the sides were not good at all. We won't be back.

We have given up on Chops. S l o w service, cold sides, over cooked beef. A 35 minute wait for coffee is ridiculous. After all that we still tipped extra. We need to break that habit.

We will be choosing an alternate specialty restaurant at least two nights on our upcoming cruise.

On Vision, 10/10!!! And then some!!!

On Splendour, 7/10 but still worth the money. You pay a lot more to eat at regular restaurants on land.

Just got off VOS and agree that Chops was great on Vision but Giovanni's not so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We ate at Chops once on our last Cruise on the Jewel Of The Seas. Our TA gave us two free vouchers for a specialty dining. We thought our meal was good and more than enough to eat. However we would never pay to eat in any of the specialty restaurants. Not worth the money and we enjoy eating in the MDR. I guess this falls in the category of to each their own.

Edited by davekathy

My spouse and I ate at Chops on the Anthem TA. We enjoyed it very much; excellent food and excellent service. (In particular, my braised short ribs were fantastic.) I agree though that a steak house should have more than two cuts of steak on its menu. But we very much enjoyed our dinner.

By the way, the Captain along with all of the other maritime officers on RCCL ships have to make reservations to eat in the speciality restaurants. Sometimes they don't get the day they plan on eating in those restaurants. Also, if there is a problem on board the ship that merits their attention on the bridge, they have to get up and leave the restaurant. Also, they have to pay for eating in the speciality restaurants. Of course, they are allowed a small budget each month to entertain the cruisers.

It has been hit or miss both in service for all the specialty restaurants. If you are D+ and get a BOGO they may be still worth a try. We have not had much luck with Chops or the Italian style. However Giavanies is northern Italian and I'm not a big fan of Northern Italian, and on our last cruise in October, Serenade, the deserts in the Gianvani's were POOR.

It is strange how we completely different opinions. I guess everything is subjective≥

My spouse and I ate at Chops on the Anthem TA. We enjoyed it very much; excellent food and excellent service. (In particular, my braised short ribs were fantastic.) I agree though that a steak house should have more than two cuts of steak on its menu. But we very much enjoyed our dinner.

We also ate at chops on anthem this year. It was really good - my father in law said it it was the best fillet he had tasted in a long time and mine was equally good . We booked it again another night and the food was very good again although the service was better the first night. We will try it again on harmony next year - interesting to compare the two.