Refundable OBC

mafig

Just back from Reflection.

We had quite a bit of OBC from our TA. We had the drink package, Select Dining so our gratuities were paid in advance, and, unfortunately, all the specialty restaurants were waitlisted. I hate to buy stuff just to buy it, so we went to Guest Relations to make sure our OBC was refundable.

Yes, they told us it was. Any unused would be refunded to our credit card .... OR .... we could go down to Guest Relations on the last day and they would give it back to us in cash $$$$$$$:)

That's what we did after breakfast on the last day. :)

Wonder if that would include OBC earned from credit card Royal points...we already have mega OBC as part of booking perks, but are entitled to even more having used the cred card...would be great to get some of that back, on the card against charges would be great..,but seems circular!

• 1 month later...

I just printed off our docs and luggage tags for our upcoming cruise. We got the classic drink package from Celebrity. Our TA gave us prepaid gratuities and $100 OBC. The drink pkg and grats show on our docs, but the OBC does not. Cause for concern? The docs from the TA show the OBC. Do I need to call TA? I know I can fix it on the ship, but I'd rather have all my ducks in a row. Besides, we're a group of 8 cabins and I'd like to be able to tell everyone what they need to do.

I just printed off our docs and luggage tags for our upcoming cruise. We got the classic drink package from Celebrity. Our TA gave us prepaid gratuities and $100 OBC. The drink pkg and grats show on our docs, but the OBC does not. Cause for concern? The docs from the TA show the OBC. Do I need to call TA? I know I can fix it on the ship, but I'd rather have all my ducks in a row. Besides, we're a group of 8 cabins and I'd like to be able to tell everyone what they need to do.

OBC from a TA doesn't show on your Celebrity documents. Normally on the 2nd day of the cruise the OBC will show on your ship board account as OBC-R.You can check your account on the TV in your cabin or check with Guest Services. I would bring a copy of the document from the TA just in case but we have never had a problem with the OBC from the any TA.

OBC from a TA doesn't show on your Celebrity documents. Normally on the 2nd day of the cruise the OBC will show on your ship board account as OBC-R.You can check your account on the TV in your cabin or check with Guest Services. I would bring a copy of the document from the TA just in case but we have never had a problem with the OBC from the any TA.

Perfect!! this is just what I needed to know. I thought perhaps this was the way it would be handled. I will bring my backup from TA, just in case. Thanks so much.

I have had a couple of times when the OBC from the TA did not show up on Day 2 or 3 and I inquired at Guest Services. As it was from the TA, and had nothing to do with Celebrity, they were unable to help me. I emailed the TA who was in contact with Celebrity HQ. In both of these cases the TA (very reputable) simply mailed me a check for the OBC that, for whatever reason, fell through the cracks.