Anyone ever not have luggage delivered?

Bisous3

In 2008, we were on a Baltic cruise on the Star Princess. In the laundry room on the day we were in Helsinki, which was IIRC about the 7th day of the cruise (definitely well past halfway through), I overheard a woman say her luggage had finally arrived on board. I also overheard her say that Princess had done a lot to help her out with her problem.

I don't know if she flew in the day of the cruise or earlier, but it does not seem as if it mattered how late the luggage was. There were several ports before Helsinki in which it could have been delivered by the airline if they had found it earlier.

We were on a Princess cruise out of Galveston several years ago.

A USAirways flight to Houston had a number of Princess passengers, but none of their luggage had made the flight.

It was several days before the luggage made it to the ship.

Fortunately my sister's bags made it on to the ship. Needless to say she was extremely relieved! Thanks for all you help!

So far the Regal is wonderful but the weather is crummy. We're at Princess Cay today and we didn't even bother getting off the ship. Going to have to suffer through some extra time in the Enclave I guess! ;-)

I've never not had mine arrive but did get a scare once. When I went down to claim luggage after my flight arrived my bag never came around on the baggage carousel. After frantically searching it was finally located in the oversize luggage area (it wasn't) where it had been mistakenly placed.

On a TA I had a friend whose luggage missed the ship (forget the reason) and she was without her suitcase for at least 10 days before it caught up with the ship. Princess did give her a credit to purchase some stuff and friends loaned here a few things. I sure it wasn't fun.

Edited by DougH

Fortunately my sister's bags made it on to the ship. Needless to say she was extremely relieved! Thanks for all you help!

So far the Regal is wonderful but the weather is crummy. We're at Princess Cay today and we didn't even bother getting off the ship. Going to have to suffer through some extra time in the Enclave I guess! ;-)

YaY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad to hear that you have all that belongs with you!

Enjoy the Enclave! It is such a lovely place for a little relaxation!

Whew!

Enjoy your cruise! :D

WE were on an NCL cruise one time, and they kept sending out pictures of some woman's suitcase with nothing but her shoes. I don't know if she ever found it. Moral: wear one pair, pack a dressy pair and a walking pair. That's it! No one you see will ever notice what your shoes look like!

I was on a flight from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale the day before my cruise. I arrived, but my luggage didn't. After several calls to the airline, they discovered that my suitcase didn't leave Montreal. They promised to put it on the next flight out, which arrived only at 2pm on the day of the cruise, and deliver it to the ship.

I obviously panicked and ran out to buy some extra clothes and toiletries. Once I got on board, I went to the passenger services desk and explained my situation. They asked me for my luggage claim info so they can follow up with the airline to make sure my luggage will be delivered.

Sure enough, my luggage was waiting outside my cabin just before dinner.

Hi All

A number of years ago while cruising out of Ft L there was a number of Princess ships in port, I think it was the Star that left a head of us we waved as it passed, what a few hundred folks did not know was they were saying bye bye to their luggage, it had been loaded onto the wrong ship, a few days later we met up in port and luggage was returned

yours Shogun

Oh, my gosh! A few hundred! I bet the onboard shops weren't ready for that influx of customers. In a weird way, I wouldn't mind having to buy new stuff on vacation.

A few years ago I was on an Ensenada to Hawaii cruise. People who had a pre-cruise hotel in San Diego were told to put their bags out and they would be taken in a truck to the ship. Of course, they were not picked up. About 35 people on our cruise were without their bags until we reached Maui.