Teppanyaki on the Escape

T400PSY

Please can anyone who has been on the Escape and ate at the Teppanyaki clarify if they have tables for 2, 4 etc. Thanks in advance.

All the tables at Teppenyaki are the same. They seat about 8-10 people. Smaller groups will be seated with others, unless it is very quiet which is quite unlikely.

Please can anyone who has been on the Escape and ate at the Teppanyaki clarify if they have tables for 2, 4 etc. Thanks in advance.

Teppanyaki on the ship and on land are group tables. You are seated as a group and served as a group. It actually increases the entertainment factor.

Photos of Teppanyaki restaurant on the Escape.

d841a254cf3f2f189206f912a2292cbc.jpg

2b9d0b49dc0631554c1df14679a47e3a.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

We ate there for Thanksgiving dinner. lol

The chef was very nice & actually tracked down some Turkey (I think they got it from LeBistro next door) and threw it on the barbie for those of us craving alittle Tradition on Thanksgiving. Very nice.

Tepp Reminds me of our Benihana. Yes, group tables. Make your Rezzies right away for groups.

Being seated with other groups, went Fine.

If you are a two-some like we were? You get in much easier.

I had a blast at the teppenyaki on the escape! DH and I aren't normally 'sociable' eaters. But it was fantastic.

Even if you don't normally like sitting with others, give it a try. Well worth it. Best cruise ship lobster to date!

Thank you all for the information. It's been very helpful. BirdTravel, thanks also for posting the lovely pictures.

We're a family of 4 and are not "social eaters" hence why I was sceptical. We've been to Benaihana but went we a large group so had a table to ourselves.

We haven't purchased the speciality dining package but I'm really considering it. Im planning to book a table at Teppanyaki on Christmas Day.

We're a family of 4 and are not "social eaters" hence why I was sceptical. We've been to Benaihana but went we a large group so had a table to ourselves.

We would generally rather eat by ourselves as well. It's the main reason why we ever set foot on an NCL ship in the first place.

However, Teppenyaki is more about the show and the food. You introduce yourselves to the other people and exchange a the usual pleasantries and then concentrate on watching the food being prepared and enjoying it.

There isn't time to hear about other peoples medical conditions, how well their darling child is doing and how someone got mugged at tomorrow's port when they visited last year.

T400PSY if you are sailing on the 12/19 cruise, You may want to try to book Teppanyaki online ASAP. It is a very popular venue and especially on Holiday sailings restaurants fill up quickly. I would not wait until boarding! Go to myncl.com and see if it is available for online.

Edited by watchdiva

We would generally rather eat by ourselves as well. It's the main reason why we ever set foot on an NCL ship in the first place.

However, Teppenyaki is more about the show and the food. You introduce yourselves to the other people and exchange a the usual pleasantries and then concentrate on watching the food being prepared and enjoying it.

There isn't time to hear about other peoples medical conditions, how well their darling child is doing and how someone got mugged at tomorrow's port when they visited last year.

Lol!!! KeithJenner, thank you for your reply. I'm sold!!

T400PSY if you are sailing on the 12/19 cruise, You may want to try to book Teppanyaki online ASAP. It is a very popular venue and especially on Holiday sailings restaurants fill up quickly. I would not wait until boarding! Go to myncl.com and see if it is available for online.

Yes, we're on sailing on the 12/19. I'll book it straightaway!!!

I appreciate all the feedbacks.

Exactly this. We generally will ask where someone is from, but that's about it. Beyond that, we are all watching the cook and enjoying our meals. It's not a conducive setting for much conversation, even if you wanted to try. The experience more closely resembles sitting by a stranger at a theater than it does dining with strangers.

Have you never been to a Japanese Steakhouse? If not...give one a shot before you do it on the ship! It's a "group" setting!

Thanks for the advice. Yes I've been to Benehaina before and the set up of Teppanyaki sounds very similar

I reserved a table at Teppanyaki on Christmas Day but could only get a booking for 9:30pm. I called NCL to try and see if I can change the time and was informed that they've run out of prebooked time slots however I'll be change the time once onboard. Has anyone been able to change a prebooked time at Teppanyaki once onboard?

Thanks in advance

I have changed the time of a Teppenyaki booking just a few hours beforehand. I've also changed reservations for other restaurants.

I usually book onboard, so I don't think I've ever changed a prebooked one, but I don't see any reason why it should be different.

Edited by KeithJenner

Post of the week.

I reserved a table at Teppanyaki on Christmas Day but could only get a booking for 9:30pm. I called NCL to try and see if I can change the time and was informed that they've run out of prebooked time slots however I'll be change the time once onboard. Has anyone been able to change a prebooked time at Teppanyaki once onboard?

Thanks in advance

If you do it soon after boarding, you should have no problem. Christmas dinner will sell out fast in all specialty restaurants. We have never had problems changing reservations.

So,,, maybe you don't understand NCL. It is all about freestyle dining. You eat when you want. You are never seated with others complaining about their ailments. You always get 2-tops and dine at your own pace. Try it some time!

So,,, maybe you don't understand NCL. It is all about freestyle dining. You eat when you want. You are never seated with others complaining about their ailments. You always get 2-tops and dine at your own pace. Try it some time!

I'm pretty sure he has more nights on NCL than you, and I'm pretty sure you read his post wrong. Remember? He's the one that posted all the menus from the Escape way ahead of you posting them.

We ate there last Thursday evening; lots of fun and great food. I had chicken and lobster, along with rice, a soup, salad, plus dipping sauces for your meats. Chef was great. Highly recommend booking this venue, you won't be disappointed. [emoji41]

I'm pretty sure he has more nights on NCL than you, and I'm pretty sure you read his post wrong. Remember? He's the one that posted all the menus from the Escape way ahead of you posting them.

Probably does have a lot more cruises than us. We have only been on 10 NCL cruises over the past 2 years.

Not to be a dissenting or negative voice, there are too many of those on here, but I would make reservations. In June I made all my reservations on the Getaway w/o any issue after boarding. In November I went on a boat and couldn't make any reservations except La Cucina and last seatings at 10pm.

Can't see any reason not to book reservations in advance. I've never had an issue showing up early except at Teppanyaki where there is a set number of seats.

Probably does have a lot more cruises than us. We have only been on 10 NCL cruises over the past 2 years.

Okay. Since you were explaining to him what freestyle is, and suggesting he try NCL, I figured you misunderstood his post. I was just trying to help. Most know Keith as one of the most knowledgeable NCL posters on CC. If interested, here's his Escape live review from Hamburg to Southampton to Miami. Enjoy! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2272405

Just to be clear, yes BirdTravels did misunderstand my post. The ability to sit by ourselves was the main reason I EVER set foot on an NCL ship. I assume that this was read an having never set foot.

I have indeed cruised with NCL a number of times (64 days in the past two years if we're having a contest, with quite a few cruises before that), so I think I've got a reasonable idea of how freestyle works.