Advantage to Booking on Release Date?

SeasideMemories

I see that the itineraries for the Caribbean are set to be released soon and will be available to Captain's Club members before being released to the general public.

I was wondering what advantage there is to booking during this window. Is it best cabin selection? Best pricing? Both or something else entirely? Do prices tend to be better at release than in January?

Having only been on 2 cruises with Celebrity and totally missing some really great deals (1,2,3 Go, etc) last January due to being unprepared/undecided I am hoping to do a bit better this time around...lol

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

We usually book on the release date so that we can get a particular cabin. As well, in previous years Celebrity has offered an early booking promotion to Captain's Club members (usually a discount or OBC).

You don't mention where you're from, but if you're booking from Canada or the US you can take advantage of price drops right up to final payment.

We usually book on the release date so that we can get a particular cabin. As well, in previous years Celebrity has offered an early booking promotion to Captain's Club members (usually a discount or OBC).

You don't mention where you're from, but if you're booking from Canada or the US you can take advantage of price drops right up to final payment.

We've already booked two of the new 2017 itineraries, and this year they are not offering any early booking promotions to CC members.

We've already booked two of the new 2017 itineraries, and this year they are not offering any early booking promotions to CC members.

Was wondering about that myself. A bit surprised to hear this, but thanks for the information.

Agree. We booked the 9-day Ultimate Alaska on the Solstice and received no perks--even though the other Alaska cruises came with OBC. But, we like the itinerary and got the cabin we want as a price I'm willing to pay. I'll just keep my eye on pricing and hope for a drop or a cabin upgrade.

I originally booked the 9 day ultimate Alaska cruise - they didn't offer BBB or 50% deposit on that cruise since it was called a "repositioning cruise" - it was already back from NZ/Aus but since it was departing from Vancouver and returning to Seattle they called it repositioning (didn't do that for similar situation for cruise in Sept 2016 starting in Vancouver and ending in Seattle so was quite surprised).

I ended up cancelling it today and booked Millennium Northbound with 3 day cruise tour for similar price and added BBB (got Best for $315 each which saved a little money). Best part was scoring AQ 1140. Loved 1138 on another cruise.

We booked the 2017 9 night Americas cup Bermuda cruise. We paid a $900 deposit for an aft aqua class cabin on deck 11.[ Probably the hardest cabins to get on the ship.] No BBB but $300 OBC. Because its a one and done cruise I believe it will sell out and the pricing will increase similar to the 2017 Mardi Gras cruise that was released last year. Balconies are up $1700 from when we booked and everything higher has been long sold out.

I originally booked the 9 day ultimate Alaska cruise - they didn't offer BBB or 50% deposit on that cruise since it was called a "repositioning cruise" - it was already back from NZ/Aus but since it was departing from Vancouver and returning to Seattle they called it repositioning (didn't do that for similar situation for cruise in Sept 2016 starting in Vancouver and ending in Seattle so was quite surprised).

I ended up cancelling it today and booked Millennium Northbound with 3 day cruise tour for similar price and added BBB (got Best for $315 each which saved a little money). Best part was scoring AQ 1140. Loved 1138 on another cruise.

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to check out that Millennium cruise now...:)

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to check out that Millennium cruise now...:)

Good luck!

The Captain's Club rep said that he thought the Northbound was a better cruise anyway - I'm excited to be going to Denali, Fairbanks, Anchorage, etc.

They still had some of the aft AQ cabins last night, if you are interested in the aft. The A1's were cheaper than the C1's.

We booked the 9 day Ultimate Alaska on Solstice but was disappointed to see no perks offered but we really wanted to try out a Sunset Balcony Cabin so decided to book it as I know they go early.

Woke up today to see they are offering 1 perk $300 OBC, I assume I can change it to classic beverage?

So I cancelled and rebooked and still got my aft cabin same deck.

Now here's hoping they do the 2 perk promo later,ha ha,one can dream!

I booked my 2016 Bermuda trip last year (2014) when the itinerary opened. I had been monitoring princes for the 2015 season and noticed that there was $200 difference for the same category room. Also they were offering the all inclusive for Concierge and higher. As it turned out 5 months later they had the same offer plus the price dropped $100 pp. So while I didn't get the best deal at the time of booking I was still able to catch another sale and keep my perks and room. My March my category was sold out so had I waited I wouldn't have been able to get the room I wanted.

We booked the 2017 9 night Americas cup Bermuda cruise. We paid a $900 deposit for an aft aqua class cabin on deck 11.[ Probably the hardest cabins to get on the ship.] No BBB but $300 OBC. Because its a one and done cruise I believe it will sell out and the pricing will increase similar to the 2017 Mardi Gras cruise that was released last year. Balconies are up $1700 from when we booked and everything higher has been long sold out.

I was looking at Bermuda for 2017 yesterday and they were only offering $300 OBC. Today they are offering BBB. I notice that they were offering it on the June 18 9day cruise as well. I'm not sure if the price is more than you booked for but the price for the 7 day hasn't changed

Thanks for all the responses! Now we'll have to see what the prices/incentives are. Seems like there may not be much above the BBB pricing and really great cabin selections (not that that's a bad thing)!

lovemylab,

I am in the US in NY. Thank you for the info that you can have the price adjusted if the cabin price drops between when you book and final payment! That is good to know!

If they were to offer an additional incentive over and above the BBB pricing when I book (might as well dream big...lol) and then the price dropped before final payment if I call for an adjustment would I be allowed to keep that additional incentive?

I was looking at Bermuda for 2017 yesterday and they were only offering $300 OBC. Today they are offering BBB. I notice that they were offering it on the June 18 9day cruise as well. I'm not sure if the price is more than you booked for but the price for the 7 day hasn't changed

Thanks. I see that now. I get it changed in the morning.

Because its a one and done cruise I believe it will sell out and the pricing will increase similar to the 2017 Mardi Gras cruise that was released last year. Balconies are up $1700 from when we booked and everything higher has been long sold out.

I completely understand if you choose not to say, but can you tell me how much the standard balcony cabins (ie: 2D category) were going for when this was just itinerary was released? Could it be that these were previously selling for just over $2000 pp or possibly even less than that?

I see they only have a few balcony cabins that came available about a month ago, but they are going for $3800+ pp now. Maybe a group that canceled?? Not sure, but ouch!!

I transferred a "dummy" booking made aboard with all three goodies for a 2016 cruise, switching it to 2017 and got to keep all the bennies. :cool:

Edited by A Sixth?

We too booked two itineraries for 2017. The only advantage for early booking is getting the cabin of your choice.

I booked Alaska 2017 solstice for 5 in family verandah. My total was $8800 w/go best for 1st 2 pax and unlimited soda/some internet for other 3.

So there are Alaska perks for 2017 right now as explained to me by Celebrity rep and confirmed/booked w/Amex travel.

I hope we love Alaska Solstice cruise :)

Captains club members get 50% deposit also 1 cat upgrade

I am a Captains Club Member & did not get 50% deposit when I booked April 2017 TA yesterday. I asked & was told "not for the Transatlantic" so my deposit was $900. Did anyone get 50% deposit for a Transatlantic? Thanks, Shirley

I am a Captains Club Member & did not get 50% deposit when I booked April 2017 TA yesterday. I asked & was told "not for the Transatlantic" so my deposit was $900. Did anyone get 50% deposit for a Transatlantic? Thanks, Shirley

I just got off the phone with Captains Club and booked the Nov 2017 transatlantic. We paid $900 as well. According to the rep, the half price is for European sailing, not transatlantic. She was going to continue looking through her emails, but I know from experience that transatlantic are treated as repositioning cruise and don't fall under the other perks.

I booked my British Isles 2017 cruise immediately because I'm interested in seeing the Edinburgh Tattoo. I was able to get the Aqua cabin that I wanted, and opted for the classic beverage package. Our first trip on Celebrity will be in March 2016, also in Aqua class. Will see if we like Blu on that trip, but figure I can always rebook in a verandah if it doesn't work for us. I thought about waiting til we were on the cruise to book the next trip, but really wanted to secure a good cabin.