Number of cabins per steward?

KazAllen

Does anyone know how many cabins each room attendant is responsible for? Is this same attendant responsible solely responsible for the whole cruise (say a 12 day cruise). Also what amount of the pre paid grats per person does this attendant receive? Just interested to know. Thanks.

Does anyone know how many cabins each room attendant is responsible for? Is this same attendant responsible solely responsible for the whole cruise (say a 12 day cruise). Also what amount of the pre paid grats per person does this attendant receive? Just interested to know. Thanks.

Depending on the class load I will have 350 to 450 students

Oh wait......

What was the question:cool:

I'm sure their workload is heavy and in some cases very demanding. My only concern is that our cabin is taken care of properly. We are very grateful for their hard work and sometimes friendship. I don't concern myself with what their cut of the gratuities are because for me it's none of my business. Yes the same cabin attendant will be responsible for the entire length of the Cruise. Even on our B2B Cruises we've always had the same cabin attendant. I'm sure there could be circumstances that a new cabin attendant be assigned.

Edited by davekathy

I think these are good questions. I would be concerned with the gratuities received only because I'd want to make sure that our stewards are equitably paid.

It's too bad there are people on this forum that feel the need to be fairly sarcastic in their remarks.

None of my business as long my room is cleaned.

I have no time for the sarcastic posters that think people don't have the right to ask these sort of questions

I don't have to explain myself or my questions but I will - we are 1st time Celebrity Cruisers and my questions were genuine enquiries some for interest and regarding the gratuities - so we can make sure that we tip over what they would normally get.

I appreciate the people who actually answered the questions, the rest of you can crawl back in your holes. Thank you.

Edited by KazAllen

None of my business as long my room is cleaned.

While the room attendant's total compensation is none of my business, the distribution of my gratuities is absolutely my business. At least in theory, gratuities are gratuitous. That means that I not only have the right to know how my gratuities are distributed among the crew members but also, to redistribute them if I see fit so that those who provide superior service get larger shares.

While the room attendant's total compensation is none of my business, the distribution of my gratuities is absolutely my business. At least in theory, gratuities are gratuitous. That means that I not only have the right to know how my gratuities are distributed among the crew members but also, to redistribute them if I see fit so that those who provide superior service get larger shares.

Thank you Actuarian that is exactly my point.

I asked on our NCL cruise in Aug. It was 10 and she had an assistant. I also asked on a Princess cruise (this last January) and it was also 10. I was asking our Stateroom attendant both times..... I can't imagine Celebrity which is more service oriented having their Room Stewards responsible for more than 10 rooms unless they have multi assistants.

I was told ten cabins or 20 people.

Between the steward and his assistant.

There was a break up of auto tips in our cabin, from memory about $4 or 4.50 for the steward, (which is about $80 or $90 a day) and around $3.00 for the assistant these are off the top of my head but are pretty close.

Edited by GUT2407

How would you feel it the steward was interested in your income? ....if maybe you really could not afford your trip...just wanting to be sure you had not bitten of more than you could chew....so to speak?

I think these are good questions. I would be concerned with the gratuities received only because I'd want to make sure that our stewards are equitably paid.

It's too bad there are people on this forum that feel the need to be fairly sarcastic in their remarks.

I don't understand why any other person's income is any of my business, just as my income isn't my steward's (or anyone else's) business. If the reason of the question is to ensure you tip over and beyond, then add to the gratuity amount that is automatically charged to your shipboard account (or prepaid). Simple as that; no need to broadcast someone's personal pay details across a public forum.

Edited by florisdekort

I have no time for the sarcastic posters that think people don't have the right to ask these sort of questions

I don't have to explain myself or my questions but I will - we are 1st time Celebrity Cruisers and my questions were genuine enquiries some for interest and regarding the gratuities - so we can make sure that we tip over what they would normally get.

I appreciate the people who actually answered the questions, the rest of you can crawl back in your holes. Thank you.

Well said KazAllen

Some people are so up themselves or they are just plain arrogant which ever simple question was asked smart arse answers not needed

I don't understand why any other person's income is any of my business, just as my income isn't my steward's (or anyone else's) business. If the reason of the question is to ensure you tip over and beyond, then add to the gratuity amount that is automatically charged to your shipboard account (or prepaid). Simple as that; no need to broadcast someone's personal pay details across a public forum.

It seems to be a hot topic on any tipping thread.

Those who want to tip less want to know how staff are paid and want to make sure it gets to the staff.

Those who want to tip more always say they want to make sure the crew get paid enough.

Both are fixated on how much the crew earn.

Well said KazAllen

Some people are so up themselves or they are just plain arrogant which ever simple question was asked smart arse answers not needed

Without that type of answer CC would get about 10 posts a day.

Indeed.