Lost Property Recovered

On our Carnival Spirit cruise last month I got home & realised I had left my i-Pad in our cabin at disembarkation. It wasn't lost, as I knew where it was, but I didn't have it :) it didn't have an active SIM, so was offline to the "find my i-Pad" app - it was hiding!

Called Carnival that same day. They put a report in progress. Over the next few days I was advised it wasn't found at turnaround :(

But then advised it was turned in but not in time before sail away - it had gone cruising without us - to Sth Pacific for 10 days!!

When the ship got back to Sydney they grabbed that pesky i-Pad before it took off again without us & locked it up in 'Lost&Found'. They called & made arrangements to reunite us. It just cost me postage & handling and today I got it back :)

Thanks to all the folk at Carnival - good outcome!

On our Carnival Spirit cruise last month I got home & realised I had left my i-Pad in our cabin at disembarkation. It wasn't lost, as I knew where it was, but I didn't have it :) it didn't have an active SIM, so was offline to the "find my i-Pad" app - it was hiding!

Called Carnival that same day. They put a report in progress. Over the next few days I was advised it wasn't found at turnaround :(

But then advised it was turned in but not in time before sail away - it had gone cruising without us - to Sth Pacific for 10 days!!

When the ship got back to Sydney they grabbed that pesky i-Pad before it took off again without us & locked it up in 'Lost&Found'. They called & made arrangements to reunite us. It just cost me postage & handling and today I got it back :)

Thanks to all the folk at Carnival - good outcome!

Excellent, and now you have the photos back as well.:D

Excellent, and now you have the photos back as well.:D

Yes all the photos were there, but the useless i-Pad didn't take any of IT'S cruise so no new ones to look at :D

Anyway glad to get it back. Will have to be more careful in future!

Yes all the photos were there, but the useless i-Pad didn't take any of IT'S cruise so no new ones to look at :D

Sounds like your iPad is useless, might be time to go Windows 10.

LOL, I was thinking the crew member may have taken some photos for you on the second cruise.:D

Do you get the loyalty points for the I Pad doing the cruise ??????:D

Good question I want to know why I don't get a credit every time I tender, after all it's a cruise on whatever line it belongs to, vessel.

With Princess, if you leave a cruise for a couple of days to do a shore tour (with permission from the cruiseline), your 'number of days' in the loyalty level will not include the days you were absent from the ship. This happened to friends of ours on the South American cruise.

I know this is off-topic, but the subject of loyalty level was mentioned. :D

With Princess, if you leave a cruise for a couple of days to do a shore tour (with permission from the cruiseline), your 'number of days' in the loyalty level will not include the days you were absent from the ship. This happened to friends of ours on the South American cruise.

I know this is off-topic, but the subject of loyalty level was mentioned. :D

Fair Dinkum, even if the land tour is booked through Princess.

Fair Dinkum, even if the land tour is booked through Princess.

The people I am talking about booked an independent trip to Machu Picchu. I do not know what happened for the people who went on the Princess tour, but I suspect they also would not have had those nights counted for their Captains Circle level. My friends who encountered this were told by Princess that the Captains Circle count of the number of nights, is the number of nights spent on the ship. Not the number of nights you have paid for in a cruise. Therefore if you left a cruise part way through for whatever reason, the nights you were not on the ship would not be counted.

We also did a private tour in Egypt and the night we were off the ship were subtracted from the cruise nights. Fellow cruisers who took the ships tour said they got the full number of nights.

Thanks that's what I was hoping to find out.

The people I am talking about booked an independent trip to Machu Picchu. I do not know what happened for the people who went on the Princess tour, but I suspect they also would not have had those nights counted for their Captains Circle level. My friends who encountered this were told by Princess that the Captains Circle count of the number of nights, is the number of nights spent on the ship. Not the number of nights you have paid for in a cruise. Therefore if you left a cruise part way through for whatever reason, the nights you were not on the ship would not be counted.

Machu Piccu is the one Mrs G is interested in.

Thanks.

We also did a private tour in Egypt and the night we were off the ship were subtracted from the cruise nights. Fellow cruisers who took the ships tour said they got the full number of nights.

Interesting. :) I do not know what cruiseline you were with. If it was Princess, then the explanation given to my friends (that they were credited only with the nights spent on the ship) was possibly given by a staff member who didn't know how the system really worked.:)

Interesting. :) I do not know what cruiseline you were with. If it was Princess, then the explanation given to my friends (that they were credited only with the nights spent on the ship) was possibly given by a staff member who didn't know how the system really worked.:)

They're correct, but it doesn't cover all situations.

We were on Princess and were treated just as your friends were.