Elite Membership Question

yaswill

Hi All,

I am going on my first cruise as an elite member in about a week on the Sea Princess from Brisbane (10 nights). Apart from what is listed under the elite membership perks are there any other perks?

I've had a look around on the forum and seen mention of a cocktail party with discounted drinks from 5-7pm and also discounted drinks after 8pm.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I am going on my first cruise as an elite member in about a week on the Sea Princess from Brisbane (10 nights). Apart from what is listed under the elite membership perks are there any other perks?

I've had a look around on the forum and seen mention of a cocktail party with discounted drinks from 5-7pm and also discounted drinks after 8pm.

Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise critic. Yes they normally have the Elite lounge for Elites and Platinum members open from 5-7pm with canapes and $5 drinks (cocktails, wines, spirits and beers). Sorry, I am not sure where on the sea princess it will be held.

We have found that sometimes the steward needs to be reminded about the bathroom amenities.

Don't forget you get a 10% discount in the boutiques, and wine tasting is free (you'll be reminded of that onboard).

There is a mini-bar setup in your room with 2 bottles/cans of an assortment of liquor, soda, and water. Call room service if you want to swap any of it for something else of same or lesser value (or whole thing for a bottle of wine). For example, we like gin and tonic, so will swap out scotch and vodka for more gin, and some Coke for tonic water...

Congratulations on becoming Elite.

Welcome to Cruise critic. Yes they normally have the Elite lounge for Elites and Platinum members open from 5-7pm with canapes and $5 drinks (cocktails, wines, spirits and beers). Sorry, I am not sure where on the sea princess it will be held.

Thank you for your reply and thanks for the info :) The $5 drinks have put me in two minds about getting the drinks package now! :confused:

We have found that sometimes the steward needs to be reminded about the bathroom amenities.

Don't forget you get a 10% discount in the boutiques, and wine tasting is free (you'll be reminded of that onboard).

There is a mini-bar setup in your room with 2 bottles/cans of an assortment of liquor, soda, and water. Call room service if you want to swap any of it for something else of same or lesser value (or whole thing for a bottle of wine). For example, we like gin and tonic, so will swap out scotch and vodka for more gin, and some Coke for tonic water...

Congratulations on becoming Elite.

Thanks for your reply and info :) I'm very happy about the complimentary wine tasting! My husband and I also love G&T so it's good to know we can swap the other spirits and soft drinks.

This is not available on the Sea Princess. :)

Usually on the Sea Princess they have Happy Hour drinks, open to everyone. Usually from 3pm to 4pm in the Wheelhouse Bar it is buy one drink, second drink $1. It will be listed in the Princess Patter.

Edited by Aus Traveller

Thank you for your reply and thanks for the info :) The $5 drinks have put me in two minds about getting the drinks package now! :confused:

I bought a UKP (unlimited soda package) and then just bought drinks in happy hour and at dinner.:D

This is not available on the Sea Princess. :)

Usually on the Sea Princess they have Happy Hour drinks, open to everyone. Usually from 3pm to 4pm in the Wheelhouse Bar it is buy one drink, second drink $1. It will be listed in the Princess Patter.

Bummer, not sure if I would like not having the lounge, the happy hour is a bit early as well.:(

I would still get the drinks package. There is only one drink special a night and I don't like most of 'em. The margaritas are great!

Or 2 coffee cards:D

I would still get the drinks package. There is only one drink special a night and I don't like most of 'em. The margaritas are great!

On our last 3 cruises (all on the Star in November), the drink special in the Platinum/Elite lounge was available for all of the "special" drinks. It was printed on the invitation card.

WE were told on our last cruise on the Crown that all the drinks listed on the elite/platinum lounge were available every night. New Princess policy which I agree with totally.

Also, for some reason, elite/platinum lounges are not availing when sailing Australia or New Zealand. Never did get an explanation for that while we were on board.

On our last 3 cruises (all on the Star in November), the drink special in the Platinum/Elite lounge was available for all of the "special" drinks. It was printed on the invitation card.

Exactly what we got as well in November on the Star. I used to avoid this most nights previously (I don't like gin or rum, mint or sweet drinks) but now that all drinks on the list are included, we definitely make it a point to go almost every night. We were also told this would has been rolled out throughout the fleet. Thank you, Princess!! This is a valuable perk to us.

The Grapevine wine tasting Elite perk has been cheapened. We were on the Emerald two weeks ago and noticed that:

1. the amount of wine poured is less

2. the session length is shorter

3. a wine shot glass is no longer given as a take away

WE were told on our last cruise on the Crown that all the drinks listed on the elite/platinum lounge were available every night. New Princess policy which I agree with totally.

Also, for some reason, elite/platinum lounges are not availing when sailing Australia or New Zealand. Never did get an explanation for that while we were on board.

Aussies may drink too much.:eek:

Exactly what we got as well in November on the Star. I used to avoid this most nights previously (I don't like gin or rum, mint or sweet drinks) but now that all drinks on the list are included, we definitely make it a point to go almost every night. We were also told this would has been rolled out throughout the fleet. Thank you, Princess!! This is a valuable perk to us.

When we were on the Caribbean last October, the lounge had a variety of around 10 or more cocktails. 'Mojitos' and 'Chairman of the boards' were awesome.:D

The $5 drinks have put me in two minds about getting the drinks package now!

As RockDoctor points out, the drinks special is for one particular drink to go with the theme of that evening's meet...On Mexican night they offer Tequila Sunrise. I don't remember the others.

Steve

As RockDoctor points out, the drinks special is for one particular drink to go with the theme of that evening's meet...On Mexican night they offer Tequila Sunrise. I don't remember the others.

Steve

Not so on our Star Princess cruise last week. Eight drinks, all $5.00 offered on any and every of the nights. A pleasant change to see in the EPS happy hour offering.

We like getting the all you can drink package because I don't want to have to think about my purchases and I prepay so it doesn't "hurt" after the cruise.

Hubby and I both like coffee, bottled water, fresh squeezed OJ and drinking alcohol. So it works out. I feel like there are days I do drink a lot and days I don't drink so much so it's all a wash but the ability to prepay makes me feel better about it. It's like a hidden fee. :)

Congrats on becoming Elite!! I can't wait to get there!

Steve

They had the range of cocktails on the Caribbean Princess.:D