On Board Reservations

cruiseblues2013

I am sure this question has been asked many times before me, but, we are going on our first Princess Cruise (have cruised many times on other lines) for 20 day Caribbean in January. We are 31 days out, and I cannot yet access reservations for dinner in specialty restaurants. Is this because it is our first cruise or will it eventually open up for us to make them prior to embark? Thank you ahead of time:cool:

You make them on the ship by calling the DINE line or going directly to the venue. If you have a very specific night and time you wish to dine at the Crown Grill or Sabatini's, I would suggest doing this fairly quickly (within the first day or so). They can book up.

No. Specialty restaurants can only be booked onboard, period, no matter what your status is.

Don't bother with the DINE number of your phone -- they seldom answer it timely on embarkation day ("never" is more my experience, but I'll put "seldom" since some people claim to have gotten through). In the Patter (the daily newsletter) which will be in your cabin on boarding, there'll be listed a time/place for someone to be at one of the specialty restaurants (usually the Crown Grill on Deck 7) to take bookings. It's faster and easier to just drop by there --- also, that staffer will have the dining room menus for the week, so you can peruse them and see which night in the main dining room looks least appealing.

Happy eating!

Thank you everyone for your answers, I will quit looking for it to open up:rolleyes: Does this change with type of room booked or with loyalty? Appreciate your help.

It is a LITTLE different, if you are in a suite.:eek:

Still can't pre-book, but when you call the DINE (3463) line, you are given priority. Ah, the suite life.

No. Specialty restaurants can only be booked onboard, period, no matter what your status is.

Don't bother with the DINE number of your phone -- they seldom answer it timely on embarkation day ("never" is more my experience, but I'll put "seldom" since some people claim to have gotten through).

In my experience, they always answer even on embarkation day, although I sometimes have to hold for a few minutes. I find it worth calling, and do it while I am checking the Patter, etc.

If you are on a 20 day cruise in January then it is actually two 10 day cruises b2b. If you wish to dine during the first 10 days in the Crown Grill or Sabatini's you can call the DINE line the first day, or even easier when you are walking around the ship stop by and speak with them. There should be someone there starting around 2pm. You may also wish to book the Crab Shack or Fondues. These are held some evenings in a closed off buffet seating area. There are usually tables around advertising them or again you can call the dine line.

Now, if you wish to dine in these surcharge restaurants during the second 10 days, just stop by during the first part of the cruise and make a reservation.

Don't forget to try the pub lunches on sea days in the Wheelhouse Bar, or Alfredo's (open 11am to 11pm) waiter served pizza and other Italian items. Both are free.

Edited by sknight

Don't bother with the DINE number of your phone -- they seldom answer it timely on embarkation day ("never" is more my experience, but I'll put "seldom" since some people claim to have gotten through). In the Patter (the daily newsletter) which will be in your cabin on boarding, there'll be listed a time/place for someone to be at one of the specialty restaurants (usually the Crown Grill on Deck 7) to take bookings. It's faster and easier to just drop by there --- also, that staffer will have the dining room menus for the week, so you can peruse them and see which night in the main dining room looks least appealing.

Happy eating!

Agreed - book as soon as you get on board. Enjoy!