has anyone ever stayed on the ship for the next sailing?

moseylou

I don't think so any more :(. Between ship's that are sailing full and having to turn in passenger manifest's days before sailing, it's probably not going to happen. I'd like to know if anyone HAS done this lately?

I don't think so any more :(. Between ship's that are sailing full and having to turn in passenger manifest's days before sailing, it's probably not going to happen. I'd like to know if anyone HAS done this lately?

Manifests have to be turned in 60 minutes before departure, not days before.

Hi there - I was wondering - has anyone ever booked the very next sailing while on board? In other words - done a back to back without booking the second part until you were on board?

Moseylou

Haven't done it yet, but nearly did once, on departure day, we were told it wouldn't be an issue to do so.

But I guess no matter when they have to get manifests in, you were cleared once, why wouldn't you be again?

I believe that it's possible they have to submit a preliminary manifest several days before, but since most cruise lines allow booking the day before, and with Carnival the day of sailing, it's obviously irrelevant. To keep repeating it as final manifest just muddies the waters. EM

The passenger list gets turned in prior to sailing. That is why you must be onboard 90 minutes prior now. Ships do not sail "full" all the time. You can book a cruise the day before. Many people book on the last minute. A better statement is that you might "risk" the ship being full, but if space is available, than you can book it. The other item is the definition of booking on board. You can take you phone, go online, and book the cruise, or you can go to the desk, and book it. How and why would the Carnival care? As long as they get their money, and fill staterooms up.

There is no requirement that manifests be turned in days before sailing. They are submitted one hour prior to departure.

The fact that ships sail full has nothing to do with it either. That does not mean that there are no cabins available, it means that the ship is not going to allow you to switch cabins after boarding.

People book cruises all the time on the morning of departure. If there sare cabins available there is no issue booking a second leg while you are on the first leg for a B-2-B.

I believe that it's possible they have to submit a preliminary manifest several days before, but since most cruise lines allow booking the day before, and with Carnival the day of sailing, it's obviously irrelevant. To keep repeating it as final manifest just muddies the waters. EM

Manifest are NOT submitted days before sailing they are only turned in one time and that is one hour prior to departure.

Last year we sailed on the Splendor out of New York. We met up with a couple who did just that. They were supposed to get off as we boarded and ended up staying on for our sailing. Carnival very nicely had a big poster of such with champagne and a picture taken with the Captain and CD that they showed us. I thought it all a nice touch.

So no one is checking out the list?

It's computerized, and the ship's manifest is compared to names on the HSA list via computer. Human intervention is only required if a name gets "flagged".

I mean, you didn't think this is done by human beings across scores of ships and tens of thousands of passengers weekly?

Thanks everyone! I've never sailed carnival before, so I didn't want to take the chance and book ahead of time. But I would like the option if I'm having a good time! I'll report back in February if I do it and how it went.

We sailed a 12 night re-positioning cruise on the Freedom last February. While at sea, (thanks to Carnival's new wifi plan) we learned we had some additional free time available after we docked in Galveston. I was able to comparison shop cruise prices online. We decided to book the next 7 night cruise while on-board the ship, at the future cruises desk, and we received OBC. It worked out very well for us.

Hi there - I was wondering - has anyone ever booked the very next sailing while on board? In other words - done a back to back without booking the second part until you were on board?

Moseylou

I did it earlier this year. I was on the 2/9 NCL Gem for a 9-day out of NY. On around day 6 I knew I wasn't ready to get off the ship in 3 more days :rolleyes:. So I went to guest services & they told me I'd have to book it online...so I did. I wasn't able to book the same cabin, in fact the only available cabin was an aft suite...but I did book it & stayed for another 9 day cruise. It was alot of fun, but around day 15 or 16 I was ready to go home, lol.

We wouldn't be opposed to it, but we try to book our B2B cruises ahead of time because we like to have the same stateroom so we don't have to move.

I've never done a B2B on Carnival before but on NCL, if you have the same stateroom you also don't have to go to second muster drill because your lifeboat position hasn't changed. I thought that was nice.

I'd like to thank everyone for correcting my post :). I'm SO far out of the loop!

It would be great to book the next cruise while on board! The only times I've asked I've been told the ship was sailing full. I'll be checking online from now on!

We usually book our B2B's, etc., when we book the first cruise. I wonder if there's any advantage money-wise to waiting to book until you're a day or so from disembarking?

Thanks,