Christmas Tree - bringing from home

spart02

I emailed Royal on Dec. 3rd and have yet to get a response from them. Being that this is our first time cruising with Royal, I'm not real impressed with their customer service so far!

We will be sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas over Christmas and have a tiny little tree that we would like to bring from home. It has lights that plug in. Can anyone please verify that this is okay to bring? I can't see that it wouldn't be okay according to their policy, but a few posts that I have read in the past mention battery-operated trees. I would rather not buy a new one since I already have one at home. It would have been nice if Royal would have answered my question, but I'm hoping maybe someone on here has some past experience they can share with me!

They are very slow to respond by email. I usually call with questions.

Not sure about the tree ...... You could bring it but not sure about the lights ..... Worst case scenario it would be confiscated and you could get back after the cruise. Battery stuff is ok. It's the plug in stuff. Also no extension cords.

Not sure what type of cabin you have, but there are not many plugs.

Good luck! Merry Christmas!

I emailed Royal on Dec. 3rd and have yet to get a response from them. Being that this is our first time cruising with Royal, I'm not real impressed with their customer service so far!

We will be sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas over Christmas and have a tiny little tree that we would like to bring from home. It has lights that plug in. Can anyone please verify that this is okay to bring? I can't see that it wouldn't be okay according to their policy, but a few posts that I have read in the past mention battery-operated trees. I would rather not buy a new one since I already have one at home. It would have been nice if Royal would have answered my question, but I'm hoping maybe someone on here has some past experience they can share with me!

Our friends always take a tree with them when they sail at Xmas but don't know if the little tree has battery lights or plug in lights or for that matter any lights at all. But the tree goes with them.

We have taken Christmas trees for two years running, and we were told the lights must be battery operated. There are some great battery-LED lights out there, I hope you'll be able to get them in time for your sailing! We'll be on Oasis this Christmas, 8 days out!

In the event you are unable to bring your tree most if not all the ships put up trees. The Freedom has a great tree on the promenade in front of Sorrentos. They also have a very nice Christmas village at the entrance to the Windjammer.

I agree! Loved the decorations on Adventure!

We've taken a tree the last 3 years and haven't had a problem. Lights are battery operated.

Nice.

Is your tree a table top, or larger.

I would love to do this.

First gotta book a Christmas cruise, but to much $$$$

Thanks

Safe travels.

Our friends always take a tree with them when they sail at Xmas but don't know if the little tree has battery lights or plug in lights or for that matter any lights at all. But the tree goes with them.

I checked with my friend, there Xmas tree is table top with battery operated lights.

I take my little Christmas tree with me all the time!!!! I decorate it and enjoy it for the entire time we are on the ship. I put garland around the doors, stickies on the doors and everything. No issues. Mine has batteries with the lights that flash. Love it so much! Our cabin people love it:p:p:p:p.

Edited by karena1

I am on Anthem now. Small tree, lights plugged in. No problems.

NOT recommended due to potential fire hazard.:(

There have been a spate of let's see how shall I put this electrical fires?:eek:

Electrical cords can have shorts in them that you cannot see. Just a tip for future reference.:D

I would rather not buy a new tree since I already have one at home.

No need to replace your mini-Xmas tree, just replace the plug in lights with battery operated ones. These can be bought at very low cost at dollar stores such as was the set shown below, cost $1 and doing so will avoid any potential problems at embarkation. These LED lights operate on 3 AA batteries which last a very long time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=370873&d=1449880521

PC110785.jpg.967b1bf8185c7bd4aba31a228b276a48.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We've already packed 2 small tree, a 4ft blow up Penguin, door decorations, etc, for our Allure trip on the 20th.

The trees we take are small - battery operated trees. One sings. The other is a 'Charlie Brown' tree that plays the Peanuts theme.

Last time we were on Allure, the Penguin was highlighted in the cruise video.

It is fun to decorate and several others aboard seem to enjoy our decorations as well.

Sorry I can't figure out how to make the photos upright.. I guess posting pictures is rocket science to me.

Unknown-3.jpeg.3a4ad3a0108d145040c1d0e94441df66.jpeg

10849900_10152561482428907_2040860241048161286_n.jpg.5fe5dfad47d46164415ad6650fca5f97.jpg

1494264944_of50150150-5.jpeg.9fda3299f3d0eb6bd16a9a9695e79e2c.jpeg

383643111_of50150150-16.jpeg.fb8f565cd1c4fd30415bac58e8d18c39.jpeg

Edited by Dinkachu
Mistakes