Princess Diamond Elite

peterandjoann

Wow, I never expected so many negative responses to a light hearted, fun suggestion! And, some of the responses are actually "mean-spirited", I guess that's why this site is called Cruise Critic...emphasis on Critic, which most seem to be.

Try starting a thread about removing the daily gratuity.:eek:

I will jump in here...

I am not Elite. I still have a bit to go (and am having a great time getting there).

I think the tier structure is fine where it is. What worries me about another level is Princess will take some of the Elite perks and move them to that higher level... say the free laundry for example (because, face it... on some cruises with a big bunch of Elite-- the laundry perk becomes a giant PITA for the ship to deal with). I think there is an inherent danger of passengers actually losing perks in a restructure.

So far it is working just the way it is. There is no need to fix what is not broken.

Very well worded:)

Reader

No disrespect to any ones opinion, but going back to the original posting, if it's all about recognition, then at the captain circle party stand up take your bows and be happy.

Bottom line I don't think princess wants to make this into such a circus that some passengers feel like they are second class.

Their bottom line is to make all passengers feel welcomed, bot to create a caste system. That went out when cruising was first started and shipping lines eliminated first, second and steerage classes.

Ain't that the truth.

I'm one cruise away fom Elite, maybe two. (i had to look and check, because I really don't care). And I can understand tha sme ruby etc cad holders could be unhappy that I get things they don't.

Is it true that when the dust settles, the older long-time cruisers are historically the least profitable?

Who knows other than the lines, however I'll say this it seems that the number on their first cruise is a Very low percentage

I'd be interested in knowing if there are any Princess Cruisers out there that agree with what I have proposed to Princess. The following is what I sent them a few months ago. And, if you agree with my proposal, forward it onto them showing your support.

To Captain’s Circle

My wife and I have been sailing with Princess, and only Princess, since 1995; and, have now completed forty-five cruises on seventeen different Princess ships. We thoroughly enjoy everything about your line, from the ships, to the food, to the entertainment, and most importantly, the staff and crew. We are at the “Elite” level of the Captain’s Circle, and enjoy and appreciate the “rewards” and recognition that we receive from Princess.

However, as we continue to cruise with Princess we wonder what comes after “Elite”. With cruising becoming more and more accessible to travellers, more and more “cruisers” will achieve this level in the Captain Circle. We, of course, are not looking for more “rewards”, but do really appreciate the recognition our “Elite” status gives us among your crew.

What we would like to propose is that an additional level be added to recognize those passengers who have sailed well beyond the 16+ cruises of the “Elite” level. In concert with the 50th anniversary of Princess Cruise Lines, we propose a “Diamond Elite” level at 50+ cruises. A total of fifty cruises is a significant achievement, and a “Diamond Elite” status would further acknowledge and enthusiastically recognize those passengers who continue to sail with Princess. It would identify the ultimate level of continued loyalty over many years and cruises. Certainly maintain the impressive black “Elite” cruise card with its silver writing; but, add a bright diamond, and the “Diamond Elite” designation, to readily identify your most loyal passengers. The “Diamond” would correspond to the precious metals and gemstone concept presented with the Gold, Ruby and Platinum levels while enhancing the “Elite” status. And, to encourage and recognize passengers who have sailed on even more cruises with Princess, and to address the “what comes next” question, the Diamond elite card could have one diamond for fifty cruises, 2 diamonds for fifty-five cruises, 3 diamonds for sixty cruises, etc.

And, if you did want to add a few perks to your long list of rewards, a one-time per cruise waiver of a speciality restaurant cover charge accompanied by a complementary bottle of wine would be very nice touch.

Peter and Jo Ann Hall

P and J, I read and appreciated your thoughts regarding Princess perks and your suggestions. I am sure Princess continually discusses how to reward and encourage their past cruisers to continue cruising. Past customers are Princess' best source for new bookings.

It was disappointing to read so many really rude comments regarding your post.

Edited by JLC@SD

We went to the MTP reception once and that is one useless hour of my life I can't get back. Will never go again to that waste of time. To many other things to do that are more fun. People grabbing drinks and downing them because there free. I would rather be sitting at Crooners enjoying myself and paying for my drinks.

Remember back in the day when you reached elite flyer levels with airlines based on the number of segments you flew. They have since changed that and for a reason. I believe loyalty levels should be based on a formula that includes;

A) number of nights cruised

B) type of room booked , meaning dollars spent. Bonus points for cruising in a top suite versus the cheapest inside cabin.

Levels and recongition should of course be based on who spends the most time on their ships but they should not overlook who spends the most money to be on their ships.

Perhaps they could have a BS award (Biggest Spender) as well as the MTP.

We went to the MTP reception once and that is one useless hour of my life I can't get back. Will never go again to that waste of time. To many other things to do that are more fun. People grabbing drinks and downing them because there free. I would rather be sitting at Crooners enjoying myself and paying for my drinks.

I think that the MTP you're referring to is the Captains repeater party and other than hearing about the total number of each category & who the top three people are it is one big commercial.

ASs my grand daughter would say,you get what you get and don't get upset.

long cruiser

Smart Granddaugher;). Being Elite I could care less the color, blue or black, of your card..all it means to me is that we all are fortunate to be able to cruise. The perks are great but we only use some, not all, of them and appreciate them. As for passengers asking the number of cruises, it maybe just a conversation starter and not a chance to brag.

Edited by Happy2cruise

I think that the MTP you're referring to is the Captains repeater party and other than hearing about the total number of each category & who the top three people are it is one big commercial.

The MTP is the Most Traveled Passenger luncheon (or sometimes cocktail party) to which the 40 passengers with the most number of cruise days are invited. Table seating is pre-assigned by number of cruise days and a ship's officer will sit at each table, again in rank order, i.e. Captain sits with the most most traveled.

The MTP is the Most Traveled Passenger luncheon (or sometimes cocktail party) to which the 40 passengers with the most number of cruise days are invited. Table seating is pre-assigned by number of cruise days and a ship's officer will sit at each table, again in rank order, i.e. Captain sits with the most most traveled.

We have always found the MTP luncheon was a great meal

P and J, I read and appreciated your thoughts regarding Princess perks and your suggestions. I am sure Princess continually discusses how to reward and encourage their past cruisers to continue cruising. Past customers are Princess' best source for new bookings.

It was disappointing to read so many really rude comments regarding your post.

Yeah, this bunch sure knows how to welcome new members. :confused:

Nope. It would be the people who directly attacked the OP instead of debating or disagreeing with the post itself.

I am not sure what he expected proposing something that would only benefit the most elite passengers,himself included . It sounded well elitist!

When a company does this it is one thing, but when an individual does it quite another. It is like blowing your own horn!

I do agree no need to be rude!

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

I've come to expect an invite most times. It's the one perk that's way above the rest as far as I'm concerned. :) I only wish it wasn't held on a formal night when the restaurant has better food at dinner. ;)

My vote for leaving it as is.

I appreciate my free internet and laundry:) but I appreciate all the other things that Princess offer everyone.

I would prefer that Princess continue giving us beautiful ships that feel like cruise ships;) great service and staff, and nice quiet places to relax, lots of pools, open decks, promenades with deck chairs......my wine poured at dinner:rolleyes:

You dont appreciate what you have until you wander somewhere else.....

Chez