Princess Diamond Elite

peterandjoann

I'd be interested in knowing if there are any Princess Cruisers out there that agree with what I have proposed to Princess. The following is what I sent them a few months ago. And, if you agree with my proposal, forward it onto them showing your support.

To Captain’s Circle

My wife and I have been sailing with Princess, and only Princess, since 1995; and, have now completed forty-five cruises on seventeen different Princess ships. We thoroughly enjoy everything about your line, from the ships, to the food, to the entertainment, and most importantly, the staff and crew. We are at the “Elite” level of the Captain’s Circle, and enjoy and appreciate the “rewards” and recognition that we receive from Princess.

However, as we continue to cruise with Princess we wonder what comes after “Elite”. With cruising becoming more and more accessible to travellers, more and more “cruisers” will achieve this level in the Captain Circle. We, of course, are not looking for more “rewards”, but do really appreciate the recognition our “Elite” status gives us among your crew.

What we would like to propose is that an additional level be added to recognize those passengers who have sailed well beyond the 16+ cruises of the “Elite” level. In concert with the 50th anniversary of Princess Cruise Lines, we propose a “Diamond Elite” level at 50+ cruises. A total of fifty cruises is a significant achievement, and a “Diamond Elite” status would further acknowledge and enthusiastically recognize those passengers who continue to sail with Princess. It would identify the ultimate level of continued loyalty over many years and cruises. Certainly maintain the impressive black “Elite” cruise card with its silver writing; but, add a bright diamond, and the “Diamond Elite” designation, to readily identify your most loyal passengers. The “Diamond” would correspond to the precious metals and gemstone concept presented with the Gold, Ruby and Platinum levels while enhancing the “Elite” status. And, to encourage and recognize passengers who have sailed on even more cruises with Princess, and to address the “what comes next” question, the Diamond elite card could have one diamond for fifty cruises, 2 diamonds for fifty-five cruises, 3 diamonds for sixty cruises, etc.

And, if you did want to add a few perks to your long list of rewards, a one-time per cruise waiver of a speciality restaurant cover charge accompanied by a complementary bottle of wine would be very nice touch.

Peter and Jo Ann Hall

Edited by peterandjoann

Sorry, but I do not think it should be based on number of cruises. With the number of short cruises available, any new level should be based on number of days aboard. I would think the cutoff for any new level should be 500 or more days.

By way of full disclosure, I have 33 cruises and 555 days.

Sorry, but I do not think it should be based on number of cruises. With the number of short cruises available, any new level should be based on number of days aboard. I would think the cutoff for any new level should be 500 or more days.

I think the current system is pretty good, no of days or no of cruises.

And how long before you want yet another level over that.

I just don't understand the fixation in levels.

Me either..........

This is a company not your friend people!

They are interested in attracting new blood not keeping us old foggies around!

I could care less what color my card is..........:confused:

Reader

I have no problem with days instead of cruises and I agree with you on the number of short cruises that Princess now offers.

IF there were ever to be a change I would agree with you, on days not cruises

However the company is only interested in attracting new blood ,they will do it by offering whatever they have to in order to attract that new blood.

They could care less about us :( this is not just Princess but all cruiselines lately.

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Are people so insecure that they need some type of recognition.

I already hear enough people saying to crew and other cruisers, don't you know I'm elite.

In all honesty I couldn't care less what your level is.

Just curious if you are proposing a new higher Captains Circle tier because you feel the loyalty OBC is inadequate recognition of your personal loyalty...or are you just looking for a more precious gem simply for its own sake?

And having extra symbols on the cruise cards to indicate a passengers higher degree of "Diamondness" is tacky IMHO. As someone who states they have sailed Princess exclusively for twenty years it does appear you are cribbing some of the upper-tier loyalty concepts from RCI and X. I think you will find most others with such outstanding loyalty (many such members currently are on the Pacific Princess 50th anniversary cruise so may not be available to comment--and I certainly don't qualify to speak for them) appreciate the differentiation Princess has from other lines' schemes.

Oh, and welcome to Cruise Critic. Interesting first post, but the responses so far are to be expected; most of us prefer not to upset the apple cart and carry on with Princess as it is.

Edited by fishywood

I'd be interested in knowing if there are any Princess Cruisers out there that agree with what I have proposed to Princess. The following is what I sent them a few months ago. And, if you agree with my proposal, forward it onto them showing your support.

To Captain’s Circle

My wife and I have been sailing with Princess, and only Princess, since 1995; and, have now completed forty-five cruises on seventeen different Princess ships. We thoroughly enjoy everything about your line, from the ships, to the food, to the entertainment, and most importantly, the staff and crew. We are at the “Elite” level of the Captain’s Circle, and enjoy and appreciate the “rewards” and recognition that we receive from Princess.

However, as we continue to cruise with Princess we wonder what comes after “Elite”. With cruising becoming more and more accessible to travellers, more and more “cruisers” will achieve this level in the Captain Circle. We, of course, are not looking for more “rewards”, but do really appreciate the recognition our “Elite” status gives us among your crew.

What we would like to propose is that an additional level be added to recognize those passengers who have sailed well beyond the 16+ cruises of the “Elite” level. In concert with the 50th anniversary of Princess Cruise Lines, we propose a “Diamond Elite” level at 50+ cruises. A total of fifty cruises is a significant achievement, and a “Diamond Elite” status would further acknowledge and enthusiastically recognize those passengers who continue to sail with Princess. It would identify the ultimate level of continued loyalty over many years and cruises. Certainly maintain the impressive black “Elite” cruise card with its silver writing; but, add a bright diamond, and the “Diamond Elite” designation, to readily identify your most loyal passengers. The “Diamond” would correspond to the precious metals and gemstone concept presented with the Gold, Ruby and Platinum levels while enhancing the “Elite” status. And, to encourage and recognize passengers who have sailed on even more cruises with Princess, and to address the “what comes next” question, the Diamond elite card could have one diamond for fifty cruises, 2 diamonds for fifty-five cruises, 3 diamonds for sixty cruises, etc.

And, if you did want to add a few perks to your long list of rewards, a one-time per cruise waiver of a speciality restaurant cover charge accompanied by a complementary bottle of wine would be very nice touch.

Peter and Jo Ann Hall

Please do not post your last name on public forums...it is not safe!

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Just curious if you are proposing a new higher Captains Circle tier because you feel the loyalty OBC is inadequate recognition of your personal loyalty...or are you just looking for a more precious gem simply for its own sake?

And having extra symbols on the cruise cards to indicate a passengers higher degree of "Diamondness" is tacky IMHO. As someone who states they have sailed Princess exclusively for twenty years it does appear you are cribbing some of the upper-tier loyalty concepts from RCI and X. I think you will find most others with such outstanding loyalty (many such members currently are on the Pacific Princess 50th anniversary cruise so may not be available to comment--and I certainly don't qualify to speak for them) appreciate the differentiation Princess has from other lines' schemes.

Oh, and welcome to Cruise Critic. Interesting first post, but the responses so far are to be expected; most of us prefer not to upset the apple cart and carry on with Princess as it is.

Yup.....:):):)

Bob

Are people so insecure that they need some type of recognition.

I already hear enough people saying to crew and other cruisers, don't you know I'm elite.

In all honesty I couldn't care less what your level is.

I can honestly say in my 25 cruises I have never heard anyone flaunting their

Loyalty status. Guess I was just lucky!

Reader

Reader

You are lucky. I had one occasion several cruises ago where an older lady actually yelled at me because she thought she should be able to jump ahead of me in the Suite/Elite line at the PSD.....:)

Bob

You are lucky. I had one occasion several cruises ago where an older lady actually yelled at me because she thought she should be able to jump ahead of me in the Suite/Elite line at the PSD.....:)

Bob

Wow!:rolleyes: Okay that is another reason we do not need another tier!

"I am more elite than you are "

Cruise lines created this then the cruisers feed into it!

Sad :(

Reader

I'm all in favor of any new recognition cards no matter if it were based on days or cruises. When you reach the top there's nothing to strive for any longer even if there are no additional perks involved. It's always nice to have another level to shoot for while it doesn't cost the cruise line a dime.

btw=It has nothing to do with flashing my black card which is always in my pocket.

I'm all in favor of any new recognition cards no matter if it were based on days or cruises. When you reach the top there's nothing to strive for any longer even if there are no additional perks involved. It's always nice to have another level to shoot for while it doesn't cost the cruise line a dime.

btw=It has nothing to do with flashing my black card which is always in my pocket.

With all due respect I don't know what you are striving for?

I am looking for a vacation that meets my needs whether it is on Princess or not.

Reader

Reader

I certainly have seen it on other lines with boasting about the three free drinks they get each day and/or the multiple restricted lounges that "you other people" signing for your drinks cannot partake of. And on some other boards here nearly every post leads off with their loyalty status--like little boys playing "mine is bigger than yours" :o! Guess that's why the proposal of what amounts to an infinite number of higher levels (with that extra diamond for each five new cruises) rankles me.

Notice how everyone always wants another level that is easily attainable by them. OP says he has 45 cruises so they set the bar at 50. If you had 20 you'd ask for a level at 25. If you had 5,000 cruise days you'd set the bar at 5,001. And so on and so forth.

Give it a rest. Most travel companies do not give more when changing programs benefits they take benefits away. Ask Hilton member about the 25% devaluation in points back in 2013. Ask Southwest Rapid Rewards members about the 14% devaluation of points back in 2014. Ask CCL and RCI.

You never see red card holders asking to make new levels now do you. Mom was wrong, you're not special.

Notice how everyone always wants another level that is easily attainable by them. OP says he has 45 cruises so they set the bar at 50. If you had 20 you'd ask for a level at 25. If you had 5,000 cruise days you'd set the bar at 5,001. And so on and so forth.

Give it a rest. Most travel companies do not give more when changing programs benefits they take benefits away. Ask Hilton member about the 25% devaluation in points back in 2013. Ask Southwest Rapid Rewards members about the 14% devaluation of points back in 2014. Ask CCL and RCI.

You never see red card holders asking to make new levels now do you. Mom was wrong, you're not special.

Lol Yep I noticed that also..........

Reader