Panic mode: some packing help from my HAL friends?

trvlcrzy

I have used a packing list that I got online (one where I go to a site and click on items on a checklist... it will email you the list or you can print it immediately). It was specifically for cruises, I think... or maybe I clicked to choose that it was a cruise(?). (Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.)

I have lost the link!

It seems like it had trip or travel in the name of the site.

Any help out there for someone who needs to pack this weekend?

Glad you found it.

Many years ago I made up my own lists for exactly everything that goes into each suitcase.

Helps DH out a lot.

I also made up lists years ago and now as I pack, I keep a running list of exactly what I put in each suitcase. If a bag should be lost, I'd know (most) everything that was in it. Takes but a minute to keep a lined pad of paper nearby as I pack and I jot down each item.

Be careful when reading the "packing list" of others.

If you take ALL of the extra things they suggest, you won't have room for your clothes. :rolleyes:..:D

Or for yourself. There is one packing list tread on CC that is about 600 posts long. The junk that is on that list is amazing.

DON

I have used a packing list that I got online (one where I go to a site and click on items on a checklist... it will email you the list or you can print it immediately). It was specifically for cruises, I think... or maybe I clicked to choose that it was a cruise(?). (Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.)

I have lost the link!

It seems like it had trip or travel in the name of the site.

Any help out there for someone who needs to pack this weekend?

Here's the packing advice I can give based on personal experience: Take half the clothes and twice the money! ;)

I keep a running list of exactly what I put in each suitcase. If a bag should be lost, I'd know (most) everything that was in it. Takes but a minute to keep a lined pad of paper nearby as I pack and I jot down each item.

That is exactly what I do, and take the completed lists in my carry on bag.

I concur with the opinion that many of those lists on the Web are not appropriate for what we need on a cruise. One has to consider the number ports and the weather that you might encounter. Several sea days will have you needing different items than one of the port-intensive itineraries.

Our list in a Word Doc on the computer and it can be changed as necessary. The only thing that we almost always forget (even though it is on the list) is our binoculars!

Jim

I like to use the Packing Pro app. I have a list set up for cruises and can just build each cruise on it, and another basic RV list. You can even show where you'll pack items. Thanks for starting this thread. It reminded me to check the recommended packing list for our next trip. :)

I like to use the Packing Pro app. I have a list set up for cruises and can just build each cruise on it, and another basic RV list. You can even show where you'll pack items. Thanks for starting this thread. It reminded me to check the recommended packing list for our next trip. :)

An awesome, awesome app! I love it, I have used it for 5 years now and it never fails.