Suite perk changes

Chazteach1

We booked our upcoming cruise last year while on Eqinox. Think it was still pick your perk. Picked gratis and premium beverage. Now we have all suite unlimited perks, but can't transfer the one I picked unlimited Bev pkg , which is now part of being in a RS and would have liked the OBC instead. Couldn't change booking or we'd lose booking and cost would change. I get that but now I picked a perk that I don't need and can't swap it out. It's a bit frustrating. Any ideas?

Edited by Chazteach1

1. create a thread on cruise critic

2. email the ceo

3. create a facebook page for disgruntled cruisers

4. board whilst wearing a hijab

5. enjoy your cruise, you win some, you lose some.

Actually, the best way to go is once you are on board to talk to the concierge in Michaels Club, mention your frustration and things may happen to make you pleased again.

The suite benefits were announced early [January?] 2014 so, unless you booked very early in the year, RS had premium beverage package at the time of your booking. Have you upgraded since your booking?

Otherwise, it sounds like you are in the same boat as everyone else who booked a RS or PH on board - you got a pointless perk. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it - people have tried!

Last suite cruise and next suite cruise for us came with pointless Classic drinks packages! It is no good focusing on a pointless perk, as long as we feel we are happy with overall cost that is fine with us.

We were really pleased with the 2nd person half price deal, however, that was available in the UK a couple of months ago. Obviously the more expensive the room the bigger the saving and no pointless perk attached. We will keep looking for this type of deal in the future!

1. create a thread on cruise critic

2. email the ceo

3. create a facebook page for disgruntled cruisers

4. board whilst wearing a hijab

5. enjoy your cruise, you win some, you lose some.

Actually, the best way to go is once you are on board to talk to the concierge in Michaels Club, mention your frustration and things may happen to make you pleased again.

Good Ideas except talking to the concierge in Michael's. He won't have time to talk to anyone with 36 more cabins being added to use a room that will only be able to seat maybe 40

But non the less don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy your cruise.:cool:

We booked our upcoming cruise last year while on Eqinox. Think it was still pick your perk. Picked gratis and premium beverage. Now we have all suite unlimited perks, but can't transfer the one I picked unlimited Bev pkg , which is now part of being in a RS and would have liked the OBC instead. Couldn't change booking or we'd lose booking and cost would change. I get that but now I picked a perk that I don't need and can't swap it out. It's a bit frustrating. Any ideas?

I think the key to understanding why you can't switch out the perk is the timing of the booking. If I'm understanding it correctly you booked and RS under pick your perk before they changed over all perks for suites. At the time they were offering this room at a lower price under pick your perk than they offer it now under the new suite perks. My guess is the price you paid is financially better than the new price and the $300 OBC which is why they won't swap the perk. So while they added all these wonderful perks to the RS it seems they are actually charging for them now.

With all of these new spur of the moment changes I'm hesitant too book any category higher than a standard veranda. Be prepared for the bait and switch if you book anything higher.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Are you saying the Premium package with two perks was offered at one time? Probably a Classic Package was the perk you picked? So you at least get the upgrade to premium. Depending on the length of your cruise you might be better off then you think.

It is nice that Celebrity allows to get the new perks of the RS while maintaining the lower price.

I think it is great that you can afford an RS and want to be in one. Personally, I feel very cooped up and claustrophobic. But, to each her own.

I would just keep asking about switching perks. This year my DH and I had a C2 and were able to move to an S1 for less than $300! We had been bugging Celebrity and our TA about making this happen. It turned out to be absolutely wonderful for us, although my DH didn't like all the busy stuff on he walls of the suite restaurant so we ate early in Blu and didn't bump anyone or take cuts!:cool: We are all different in our likes, dislikes, thoughts and everything else. Some things are a bother and some are not, but this world isn't perfect so we just need to do what we need to do. I hope it works out for you!!!

Edited by Lastdance