Suite lunch?

cabinluvn

often it is an upscale meal .. when there are too many folks for the Pinnacle or there is a conflict, they have had it in the Crow's Nest. Usually though it is in the Pinnacle.

We have always enjoyed it and often one gets to dine with some of the officers on a more relaxed basis.

harry

There was no Suite lunch during our recent 14 day Noordam cruise.

When I asked the concierge, was told that if there was a suite lunch, we would have received an invitation, and that Suite lunch only held on cruises longer than 14 days.

During some of our Volendam cruises the Suite lunch was held in the main dining room.

often it is an upscale meal .. when there are too many folks for the Pinnacle or there is a conflict, they have had it in the Crow's Nest. Usually though it is in the Pinnacle.

We have always enjoyed it and often one gets to dine with some of the officers on a more relaxed basis.

harry

How do you dine (as opposed to cocktails/hors d'ouvres) in the Crow's Nest??

There was no Suite lunch during our recent 14 day Noordam cruise.

When I asked the concierge, was told that if there was a suite lunch, we would have received an invitation, and that Suite lunch only held on cruises longer than 14 days.

During some of our Volendam cruises the Suite lunch was held in the main dining room.

They don't do it on cruises that are made up of two 7 day segments.

There was a wonderful suite lunch on our repositioning cruise. The food was fabulous, and there are great photos of it on Kazu's Sailaway Gang live thread. I very much doubt they could have anything like that in the Crow's Nest though as has been previously suggested.:confused: Perhaps that was a different function.

harry

Good points; it's indeed been held in the PG and Crow's Nest

Yes, really. We have had it in the Crow's Nest as well, although it was more like heavy appetizers, than a lunch. We have also had the Indonesian lunch as well.

I was referring to Harry1954 post about officers attending.

Never had an officer attend the Suite Lunch in a very long time -- and then it was the Indonesian Lunch held in the back of the main dining room.

How do you dine (as opposed to cocktails/hors d'ouvres) in the Crow's Nest??

Everyone sat around the small cocktail tables.

We had to juggle plates on the tables and our laps. It was a challenge.

But there were so many wonderful items -- caviar, fish, shrimp, beef and that barely gives you hint as to what we had.

A couple of times they made Crepe's -- when we had a suite luncheon in the Explorers Lounge -- again trying to handle plates and glasses on small tables.

There was a wonderful suite lunch on our repositioning cruise. The food was fabulous, and there are great photos of it on Kazu's Sailaway Gang live thread. I very much doubt they could have anything like that in the Crow's Nest though as has been previously suggested.:confused: Perhaps that was a different function.

On our 2013 Westerdam repositioning cruise, they had a huge buffet set up in the Pinnacle Bar. Everyone filled their plates and dined in the Pinnacle.

We came close to having a large buffet like that in the Crow's Nest a couple of times.

But there were so many wonderful items -- caviar, fish, shrimp, beef and that barely gives you hint as to what we had.

A couple of times they made Crepe's -- when we had a suite luncheon in the Explorers Lounge -- again trying to handle plates and glasses on small tables.

I hate juggling plates on little tables like that. The food sounds the same, which is why I could not even imagine having the luncheon in the Crows Nest. It would not be the same elegant experience.

The first suite lunch we ever attended was on the Volendam, a buffet was set up in the Explorers Lounge, difficult to handle plates and glasses on the small tables.

Really miss the suite luncheons. We haven't had one offered

in the last couple of years, but used to enjoy them immensely, and never once disappointed. Far better, in my opinion, then the suite cocktail party, which is still provided. It has never appealed to us, so we no longer go.

Really miss the suite luncheons. We haven't had one offered

in the last couple of years, but used to enjoy them immensely, and never once disappointed. Far better, in my opinion, then the suite cocktail party, which is still provided. It has never appealed to us, so we no longer go.

On our recent Eurodam cruises, the Suite cocktail party held on the first evening of the cruise (most times) was changed. I had heard that changes were coming so we were prepared.

No invitation. If you stopped by the Neptune Lounge during the afternoon on embarkation day, the concierges told you that champagne would be served from 7:15 - 8 PM in the Neptune Lounge. But there would be no officers or staff there. We went -- very poor turnout. About 16 people and no one really wanted to talk to anyone else.

On our recent Eurodam cruises, the Suite cocktail party held on the first evening of the cruise (most times) was changed. I had heard that changes were coming so we were prepared.

No invitation. If you stopped by the Neptune Lounge during the afternoon on embarkation day, the concierges told you that champagne would be served from 7:15 - 8 PM in the Neptune Lounge. But there would be no officers or staff there. We went -- very poor turnout. About 16 people and no one really wanted to talk to anyone else.

That's likely the desired response from Hal. They can save a few bucks. I know someone is likely to say it's not true but what else could it be?