Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

Youtube clip and some pics at http://www.cruisetotravel.com/2016/11/16/harvest-caye-welcome-to-paradise/

From Andy Stuart's FB, dated Oct 20th;

14705642_10153961678313240_917383101237616814_n.jpg?oh=e7074856900ad1e66348f76e24270f3c&oe=588B9332

14721754_10153961678288240_4576676738118983368_n.jpg?oh=830ea392890ca82509ebb9824f0c4c89&oe=5888E964

Both the link above and NCL's Harvest Caye info (https://www.ncl.com/harvest-caye) say "up to 10 guests" for the beach cabanas/villas, while the reservation system says the quoted price is for "up to 6 guests" - is there an extra charge for the additional 4?

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

As suspected, the UBP doesn't work there. You can swipe your key card for all purchases though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, has anyone mentioned the prices of drinks? Are they like other port stop prices or are they like Ship prices?

Just curious

As suspected, the UBP doesn't work there. You can swipe your key card for all purchases though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is such a crock. If a third party vendor ran the bar and you needed to pay cash or use a credit card, that's one thing....but being able to swipe with your key card and charge your alcohol, that is a pure money grab. You can't bring on soda and water, but you can bring off beer from the UBP in a small cooler in a bag to enjoy poolside.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Can anyone explain to me where the cabanas are located? I'm also curious how long of a walk it will be to get from the cabanas to other parts of the island.

I'd love to see a map of the island. Some things are pretty self-explanatory, but I'd like to get my bearings about the others.

Edited by brookie848

That is such a crock. If a third party vendor ran the bar and you needed to pay cash or use a credit card, that's one thing....but being able to swipe with your key card and charge your alcohol, that is a pure money grab. You can't bring on soda and water, but you can bring off beer from the UBP in a small cooler in a bag to enjoy poolside.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Money Grab? NCL has invested a fortune in building Harvest Caye and you don't think think they have the right to not only recoup their rather large investment, but perhaps make a profit?

As someone who has been in the restaurant business for most of my life, as a vendor I would love to not having to pay the merchant fees associated with accepting credit cards. I'm sure there may be fees associated with key card purchases, but they're probably lower than what credit cards charge. As a guest, I find it very convenient to use my key card.

What a great idea!

Edited by Lido_Deck