Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

Thank you so much for the pictures! It looks lovely!

Can't wait to see the Beach Cabanas. I have one booked for February and still

trying to convince my dh that we need one for July if they are even still available lol

Thank you for taking the time to post the pictures!

Maybe a little dense, but why all all the excitement over a private island?

I think since most of us here are Type A over planners so anything new gets us excited, sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way LOL

I'm really happy to see the pictures and booked a beach cabana for February.

Can't wait to see more.

Maybe a little dense, but why all all the excitement over a private island?

I like your question because it gives me pause to think about my/our ideal vacation (besides cruising).

We are not an adventurous family. We prefer to know exactly what to expect and like to have a set frame of expectations. Of course we can adapt to any given situation and can easily roll with whatever happens, but it is mostly our mindset that prefers to research and know what choices are available.

Harvest Caye offers this for us. We have secured a beach cabana, an electric float boat, and will most likely make a reservation (when available) for lunch. The reason this excites us (OP's general question) is that now I, the planner can relax and know that we shall thoroughly enjoy our day on the tiny island.

Sometimes, planning too much can obfuscate other opportunities that might be just as fun, but that is the price we willingly pay for peace of mind. With that said, there have been times we have ended up totally bored; with a twinge of regret for having closed off potential avenues of enjoyment.

Thanks for the question.

Scanditaly

I like your question because it gives me pause to think about my/our ideal vacation (besides cruising).

We are not an adventurous family. We prefer to know exactly what to expect and like to have a set frame of expectations. Of course we can adapt to any given situation and can easily roll with whatever happens, but it is mostly our mindset that prefers to research and know what choices are available.

Harvest Caye offers this for us. We have secured a beach cabana, an electric float boat, and will most likely make a reservation (when available) for lunch. The reason this excites us (OP's general question) is that now I, the planner can relax and know that we shall thoroughly enjoy our day on the tiny island.

Sometimes, planning too much can obfuscate other opportunities that might be just as fun, but that is the price we willingly pay for peace of mind. With that said, there have been times we have ended up totally bored; with a twinge of regret for having closed off potential avenues of enjoyment.

Thanks for the question.

Scanditaly

I agree good question. My hubby tells me I'm obsessing [emoji4] I tend to do that but I feel better researching and knowing what I'm doing. At least for some ports. Harvest Kaye we are more winging it since everything is located right there. Decided we didn't want to spend $$ on a cabana, we may reserve a boat but not sure what else we will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Curious minds want to Know!!!! Are these the $500.00 a day Cabanas?????

Judging the metal roof probably yes, the stairs in front not so sure?

They're captioned: "The Harvest Caye beach villas!"

This place is really looking like it's ready to go. What a fun thread this has been to follow!

Makes me want to move our June 3 trip back a week. Kids have football and cheer camp and they're already missing the first week. I'm going to talk to their coaches tonight to see if missing second week is ok. Ugh. This looks soooo nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Cruiser Who Knows Nothing