Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

They look... basic?

They look like standard pool cabanas that we have around most of the strip property pools here in Vegas. Some of those go high end with tvs and couches but these look more like they have loungers and maybe a couple of chairs in them. I wish I knew what you got with these besides just the cabana, if anything. Here you usually get at least some kind of bottle service and fruit plates when shelling out for them. I guessing that's not case for these, though.

I love that the drone video shows they have plentiful shade around both the pool and the beach. For someone who burns easily, shade is a requirement!

Edited by CoffeeGoddess
added stuff

Daughter was there yesterday. She said it was a nice island, but disappointed that there are charges for all food, beverages and activities.

Was hoping that UBP would work or have a similar set-up with food like Disney's Castaway Cay (all food and soft drinks are included).

Daughter was there yesterday. She said it was a nice island, but disappointed that there are charges for all food, beverages and activities.

Was hoping that UBP would work or have a similar set-up with food like Disney's Castaway Cay (all food and soft drinks are included).

I had a private cabana at Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay. I can tell you the food that is free was from the buffet and we paid for our alcohol drinks. The fridge was stocked with complimentary water and soda and had complimentary sunscreen.

The cabanas at CC are more expensive than $500 and are not enclosed, do not have a bathroom and doesnt look nearly as nice. Although I would do it again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yesterday, NCL opened Havest Caye according to their press release and the video below is on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/BsBPthiHcY0

The cabana concepts are shown, with bathroom and shower. Considerably more upgraded than the cabanas on GSC, which we used a couple of years ago.

Also includes a butler service, although does not include food/drinks. That doesn't make sense, as on private island usually all food is inclusive. What about those with drinks package?

http://www.cruisington.com/norwegians-new-harvest-caye-an-island-you-can-call-your-own/

Edited by limeyalchemist
More info

I'm sure there may be fees associated with key card purchases, but they're probably lower than what credit cards charge. As a guest, I find it very convenient to use my key card.

What a great idea!

It is only a convenience if the bar is run by a third party vendor. If it's run by NCL, it's a pure money grab.

Comparing similar situations...on Labadee, while visiting on RCI or Celebrity, their respective drink packages are covered since the bars are run by the cruise lines. On Grand Turk, Margaritaville is a third party operation and thus the Carnival Cheers program is not covered. This is where our thoughts differ. You are assuming that it's being run by a third party vendor and thus the convenience of being able to swipe your card us nice. I, on the other hand am assuming that the bars are being run by NCL, and thus not being able to utilize the UBP program there is a pure money grab.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

By any chance did your daughter mention whether the food and beverage service was run by NCL or an outside vendor?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

http://www.7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=35907

"There is a food and beverage provider and they are expected to hire 150 people."

edit; found it!

http://7newsbelize.7newsbelize.net/index.php (use Ctrl + F on the word contract)

Will paste the entire article here:

The man who's going to provide all the food and beverage for the islands 4 restaurants and 9 bars is Dustin Bowen. He's the step-son of the late bottling magnate Sir Barry Bowen.

Dustin owns the popular Belize City restaurant and bar, the Riverside Tavern, and his company, Provisions Belize, will cater to all of Harvest Caye's guests. He gave the Government Press Office an interview and spoke about how he and his team have prepared themselves for the opportunity which Harvest Caye's tourist traffic will bring:

Dustin Bowen, CEO, Provisions Belize Ltd.

"We have the entire contract for all the food and beverage units on Harvest Caye. We've been involved since the inception for about 4 years. We've been very fortunate that Mr. Murphy has included us from then. It gave us an opportunity to really be a part of the development process of all the F&B venues here. So even from an operational standpoint, that helps us out a lot. Knowing what we need as operators and not just developers. We have Landshark Bar & Grill which is behind us, we have the Horseside Jack which stand in the villas, LaughingBird bar & grill which you saw today that was very busy on the beach in front of all of those lounge chairs, then Manatee Bar & Grill which is the village bar. We also manage the Kiosks in the village, Ice Cream, Daiquiri, Rum Coco, that is soon to be open as well. Not all Belizeans have the opportunity to go abroad, study and get the exposure. My commitment as a Belizean has, from the very beginning, I have a passion for people, I have a passion for food and culinary, and after my studies my intention was to come back to the country and spread that knowledge and wealth to give my people the opportunity to do the same. The intention is always to have them grow with me and eventually if they'd like to start their own business and become something else not just work under the provisions Belize Company, that's really the intention for them to own their homes, their own vehicles, whatever they want in life I really try to guide them that way. We employ over 150 people today now with Admin and all the service people on the island today. To finally have this come to fruition after being involved for 4 years, I had goosebumps walking up seeing the ship, being really close up and then watching all the people kind of spread out and enjoy the venues. We've had nothing but encouraging compliments and comments coming from all the cruisers. They say they've seen nothing like it before. The Zip lines, the activities, the food and beverage, everybody's very happy. Of course we're learning a couple of things they're going to request and like for their amenities, but it's all building data and knowing how to accomplish that within the next ship visit. This will definitely give Belize the justice it deserves because of the layout, the authenticity, when somebody visits Harvest Caye now you can truly say 'I've been to somewhere in Belize that represents Belize'."

Edited by FreestyleNovice