Changing Lattitudes Level

SadmanCruiser

It usually takes a few days for latitudes levels to change.

However, if you speak to the representative onboard during the first week then they should be able to ensure that the change is reflected for your second cruise. I wouldn't just wait and hope it happens automatically.

We were on a B2B earlier this year and had the same thing happen. We went from gold to platinum during the first leg. Perhaps because I said nothing, we were not given anything. I had read that B2B's were considered as one cruise, so the change wasn't official until the end of the cruise.

On our B2B Epic adventure in February we will move from gold to platinum after the first cruise.

My question is:

Will they know automatically and will we receive the free meal voucher for Le Bisto or do we have to see someone?

Thanks

Pete

On the 2nd day of the second leg talk to the Latitudes cruise consultant onboard. By this time the change should be in their computer and they can make the change for your shipboard record. They should then have you go to the front desk so you can get your shipboard card changed. If you don't get a Platinum packet from the cruise consultant or later in your cabin, go again to cruise consultant to get it.

We changed tier levels on b2b and this worked for us.

Edited by NMLady

We were on a B2B earlier this year and had the same thing happen. We went from gold to platinum during the first leg. Perhaps because I said nothing, we were not given anything. I had read that B2B's were considered as one cruise, so the change wasn't official until the end of the cruise.

That depends on whether it is a true back to back, or is available combined into a Grand Voyage. We originally booked our 2013 cruise on Star as

back-to-back cruises of 12 days each. We changed to a grand voyage of 24 days because the fare was lower, When we changed, it became one voyage. It doesn't matter as much on NCL unless your Latitude status changes; NCL counts loyalty as a number of days. On Oceania, it matters a lot, as loyalty is counted as the number of cruises.

Many b2b can be booked either as one or two cruises. It is most always better to book as two for this reason, we saw the rep 2 days before the end of the first cruise and he told us what to do so that by 5PM on the first day of the second cruise we had it squared away. If you book it as two cruises you can use two rewards for deposits plus you get all of the perks twice. Often b2b booked as one cruise on the website are more expensive than if you book it as two separate cruises, we saved over $400 booking as two cruises, got the same cabin for both.

Do you know if you also get the extra Lat point per night if booked 9+ months ahead and have the AARP discount? We have a b2b and will make next level 2nd leg but only if we get the extra latitude point.

You will get it, was what put us over on our first of the b2b.

If you booked true B2B cruises see the Rep during the first cruise and then you will get the benefits in the second.

If you booked as a single cruise then it is likely you won't, BUT it doesn't hurt to ask.

I have found that the Future Cruise/Latitude reps on cruises we have taken to be some of the most obliging people in NCL.

The other thing is that we have also had all the Platinum benefits for both legs of a B2B when booked as a single cruise.

Mike

You will get it, was what put us over on our first of the b2b.

Thank you. I thought I read somewhere that aarp discount disqualified you for the extra latitude point given for 9+ months booking. Last cruise we gave up the extra latitude point because the cruise perks and price decrease closer to sailing were too good to pass up. This time I think we locked in a good price further out and don't anticipate any big price drops. I wonder if you lose the extra latitude point for 9+ months booking if you want to upgrade prior to sailing.

You need to be proactive if you want the platinum benefits on the second leg. By default, you will be gold at the start of the second cruise since the points don't post for a day or two. So,,, work with the cruise consultant to make the platinum status start on the second leg.

Thank you. I thought I read somewhere that aarp discount disqualified you for the extra latitude point given for 9+ months booking. Last cruise we gave up the extra latitude point because the cruise perks and price decrease closer to sailing were too good to pass up. This time I think we locked in a good price further out and don't anticipate any big price drops. I wonder if you lose the extra latitude point for 9+ months booking if you want to upgrade prior to sailing.

I don't believe the AARP discount disqualifies you from receiving Latitude points....I believe that only very deep discount fares, such as "Interline", and Travel Agent Familiarization, specifically exclude receiving Latitude points.

I am not sure about the 'extra' point you are referring to....perhaps some one else can answer that...

I don't believe the AARP discount disqualifies you from receiving Latitude points....I believe that only very deep discount fares, such as "Interline", and Travel Agent Familiarization, specifically exclude receiving Latitude points.

I am not sure about the 'extra' point you are referring to....perhaps some one else can answer that...

Bingo hit the nail firmly on the head with very big hammer.

AARP IS NOT a disqualifying cruise fare - what is as bob brown noted the

Travel Agent Interline Familiarization (Complimentary) cruises.

View it this way - Non-Revenue cruises do not earn points - AARP Military

Government Costco Sams Clubs etc. are revenue rates and get the L points.

I wonder if you lose the extra latitude point for 9+ months booking if you want to upgrade prior to sailing.

We booked 11 months in advance on our recent Breakaway B2B. 8 weeks prior to sailing we upgraded both cruises for a small amount of $$

We have been awarded double points for both cruises.

Pete.

Thank you. Our b2b is booked as one cruise vs. two. I know it won't hurt to ask for a latitude credit after first half and will try but won't count on it. Pricing was considerably less if booked as one. Last b2b earlier this year it was much less to book as two separate and we got double perks. It's also nice to book b2b seperately if looking to upgrade. Seems like often the prices per week see more drastic reductions whereas the b2b booked as one doesn't. I assume this is because the same cabin availability on both legs goes down. Next cruise is not until next year but I've only seen prices go up since I booked. it's a popular cruise I don't anticipate any major reductions.

Edited by littlelulu01

Who are you doing your booking thru - NCL a TA or other source ?

NCL is not so good at maintaining all the promos benefits and perks of the

original booking. At least with a TA (Travel Agent) especially one that you

frequently use these promos benefits (OBC) and perks will not be randomly

discarded simply because the booking was changed with an 'i' dotted; a 't'

crossed or period comma semicolon misplaced.

As long as you are going on the originally booked cruise and the date remains

unchanged - nothing should be lost here.

You are not starting over with a NEW booking merely amending and/or adding to it.

Upgrading your stateroom should not result in loss of perks but may result

in gaining even more i.e. Balcony to a Suite getting the 4 promos instead of just 1 or 2.

Of course NCL can change the conditions of the contract for carriage any ole

time they want but do it with a seasoned Latitudes member or one who travels

often and bad publicity follows henceforth.

Who are you doing your booking thru - NCL a TA or other source ?

NCL is not so good at maintaining all the promos benefits and perks of the

original booking. At least with a TA (Travel Agent) especially one that you

frequently use these promos benefits (OBC) and perks will not be randomly

discarded simply because the booking was changed with an 'i' dotted; a 't'

crossed or period comma semicolon misplaced.

As long as you are going on the originally booked cruise and the date remains

unchanged - nothing should be lost here.

You are not starting over with a NEW booking merely amending and/or adding to it.

Upgrading your stateroom should not result in loss of perks but may result

in gaining even more i.e. Balcony to a Suite getting the 4 promos instead of just 1 or 2.

Of course NCL can change the conditions of the contract for carriage any ole

time they want but do it with a seasoned Latitudes member or one who travels

often and bad publicity follows henceforth.

This time around I'm booked directly with NCL. I lost the 9+ Month extra points on my last b2b because the prices beginning of this year went down and they had some very good perk offers. I cancelled the b2b booked as one and rebooked as two separate cruises so it was a new booking with new booking numbers and no longer qualified for extra latitude point.

I know some people report no more up sell but others are still reporting success with last minute upsell booked direct. If with a ta it sounds like the upsell will be limited to what the advertised prices are. Since we are currently booked in an inside I'm hopeful we can upsell close to sailing date. The extra ta obc for my booking was very minimal. NCL gave me a little obc for a rebook from cancelled sailing so it was a wash booking with NCL vs ta.

I know they can change the terms and conditions and even the sailing at any time. I've tried insulating myself this time around with three different deposits on three different lines. Med itineraries have been experiencing quite a few changes. I'm hoping that by having three different options this time that we will be safe with one following through with original cruise date and departure ports. The extra latitude points and move up to next tier will be a nice extra but not the end of the world if it doesn't happen.

If you booked true B2B cruises see the Rep during the first cruise and then you will get the benefits in the second.

If you booked as a single cruise then it is likely you won't, BUT it doesn't hurt to ask.

I have found that the Future Cruise/Latitude reps on cruises we have taken to be some of the most obliging people in NCL.

The other thing is that we have also had all the Platinum benefits for both legs of a B2B when booked as a single cruise.

Mike

Both times that we booked b2b as a single cruise, we also got our Platinum benefits for both legs.