Unlimited Soda Package Discontinued?

CeeCee59

It is really hard to take the tap and ice with you on the excursion. Although I have yet to be stopped from taking an open bottle off of the ship, several countries and ports state that you can not bring open food or beverages off of the ship.

On the ship, we drink the tap water and have even been known to refill water bottles for convenience.

Water is not considered a beverage & have never heard of anyone being prevented from taking water off the ship. There are widemouth water bottles that are easy to add ice & water and here's the one we use, a 20 oz Brita Sports bottle with filter:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004GN8RDY/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1457583447&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=brita+sport+water+bottle&dpPl=1&dpID=31oyJLiwfeL&ref=plSrch

We just returned from a Royal Princess cruise on March 3. We were able to purchase the unlimited soda only package on board and they placed the red stickers on our cruise cards. The cost was $51.75 per person including gratuity for the 10-day cruise. The usual insulated Coke cups were provided.

We just returned from a Royal Princess cruise on March 3. We were able to purchase the unlimited soda only package on board and they placed the red stickers on our cruise cards. The cost was $51.75 per person including gratuity for the 10-day cruise. The usual insulated Coke cups were provided.

Yes, am on board the Royal right now and the soda only package was available for purchase on board 8 days ago. It isn't advertised on their signage, but if you ask you can get it. This practice may not be the same on all ships in the fleet.

Is it only the Emerald that is still offering this?

As posted previously, the soda only package was available just this past week on the Royal. It wasn't shown on the signage, but if you asked for it, you could get it. The price was $4.50/day + 15% = $5.18/day.

I have pre ordered a bottle vodka to be in my room. Does that mean i have to consume it in my room?

Was thinking about ordering the soda and more package and then spiking my own drinks. :) I don't drink near enough to make the alcohol package worth it. But I don't want to break the rules if you are not allowed to take your bottle around the ship. :)

I have pre ordered a bottle vodka to be in my room. Does that mean i have to consume it in my room?

Was thinking about ordering the soda and more package and then spiking my own drinks. :) I don't drink near enough to make the alcohol package worth it. But I don't want to break the rules if you are not allowed to take your bottle around the ship. :)

You can drink it wherever you wish. Just make/take the drinks with you.

As posted previously, the soda only package was available just this past week on the Royal. It wasn't shown on the signage, but if you asked for it, you could get it. The price was $4.50/day + 15% = $5.18/day.

Thanks for the info.

I doubt any water from fresno ends up on a ship sailing from ft. lauderdale.

I think it's crystal geyser brand.

Crystal Geyser comes form an even more remote area of California near Mt. Shasta where they're able to take spring water because of outdated water rights.

Bottle water is a ridiculous industry, and where it comes from has no bearing on where it's sold. If you go to CostCo in Japan you buy the same Kirkland water bottled in Ontario, CA as you get in Los Angeles. It's cheaper to take the water from a drought stricken area and sell it in Tokyo where there is 43" more rain annually.