Unlimited Soda Package Discontinued?

CeeCee59

I pre-paid for a "soda only" card for my sailing on the Regal 1/3/16.

If they discontinued the "soda only" program, I'm curios to know if they will issue me a "soda only" sticker or "soda n' more"?

Since the soda only plan was just discontinued, no one knows how it will be handled. My guess is that the sticker will be on your card and your purchase will be honored...they just won't sell them any more.

I hope that Princess rethinks this - I can't make use of the Soda and More package as all of the extras are off limits to me as a diabetic. Someone said in another post that Princess was no longer allowing water or soda to be brought on board but I can't find anything on the website to corroborate this. Has anyone found anything official about this?

In September, there was a rumor saying they were following carnival, but that was disproved.

The water in the refrigerator in cabins is a very reasonable price

27926-profile.png

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dat=01%2F11%2F2016&dest=M&ship=ISMy Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/11/2016 aboard the Carnival Inspiration! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises

I cruise for Creme brulee, chocolate melting cake and lobster!

I hope that Princess rethinks this - I can't make use of the Soda and More package as all of the extras are off limits to me as a diabetic. Someone said in another post that Princess was no longer allowing water or soda to be brought on board but I can't find anything on the website to corroborate this. Has anyone found anything official about this?

I just found out about this as I went in make my final edits for my upcoming cruise. I'm not a happy camper.

I'm not diabetic, but I do have to strictly limit my sugar for other reasons. I can't have mocktails, unlimited juice, or hot chocolate. Because I can't have it, I don't want to pay for it. I want my basic diet soda card. If I can't have that, combine soda and coffee (which I can put sweeter in). I'm so tempted if I have to buy that stuff to take it and pour it down the drain so they don't make any profit on the extra dollars they made me give them.....

Yup :mad: It appears that the price of the coffee card has been increased from $29 ($33.35 w/gratuity) to $31 ($35.65 w/gratuity).

Guess the extra cost was for changing the name to "New Grounds Crafted Coffee"? :eek:

I haven't read any posts about this change (Italian coffee beans, a Portland coffee school to train baristas) and wonder if it's a fancy name without any noticeable improvement but at a crafted higher price. The description is no different than what has always been available at the International Café. :rolleyes:

Edited by Astro Flyer

3 weeks ago, there was no limit to the amount of water or soda that guests could bring on board. There is nothing on the web site about a change in the policy.

I think the poster who said you couldn't bring it was wrong. If accurate, this is a policy change within the last 3 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I just called Princess and the do not offer just the soda package. They said it wasn't as popular as the soda and more. So we bought that one. They do sell 12 bottles of water for 6.90 if you preorder it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Kathy

I just called Princess and the do not offer just the soda package. They said it wasn't as popular as the soda and more. So we bought that one.

Thanks...guess that's Princess' marketing spin for a package that doubles the price & probably increases profits. ;)

Hi CeeCee - I just pre-ordered mine for our Alaska trip in August. I do see the Beverages and more package, which includes soda, but our line, offered the unlimited soda.

I would give them a call. I bet you can get it! maybe it is depending on where they are cruising.

I just called Princess and the do not offer just the soda package. They said it wasn't as popular as the soda and more. So we bought that one. They do sell 12 bottles of water for 6.90 if you preorder it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Kathy

That's a good price. Surely it is the smaller 500ml bottles but onboard they were 2.00 each.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to let everyone know that we are on regal princess now 1/17 to 1/24. The regular just soda card was not listed as an option, but I asked if we could still get just the soda card and were given the red Coke sticker. Cost was $4.50 per day plus 15% gratuity. Total cost for week $36.23.

Just want to let everyone know that we are on regal princess now 1/17 to 1/24. The regular just soda card was not listed as an option, but I asked if we could still get just the soda card and were given the red Coke sticker. Cost was $4.50 per day plus 15% gratuity. Total cost for week $36.23.

Have a great cruise! :)

• 1 month later...
Is there something wrong with drinking tap water with ice? I think bottled water has to be the biggest scam ever pulled on the public; for many, many years we drank tap water to no ill effect. I won't pay for bottled water unless absolutely forced to.

It is really hard to take the tap and ice with you on the excursion. Although I have yet to be stopped from taking an open bottle off of the ship, several countries and ports state that you can not bring open food or beverages off of the ship.

On the ship, we drink the tap water and have even been known to refill water bottles for convenience.