Unlimited Soda Package Discontinued?

CeeCee59

I went in to my cruise personalizer today to pre-pay some items. I noticed that the unlimited soda package is no longer offered and Princess now offers a bottled water package. I had previously ordered the soda package but not yet paid for it - when I try to pay I just get the "spinning wheel of death" and can't get any further. Has anyone else noticed this change?

I went in to my cruise personalizer today to pre-pay some items. I noticed that the unlimited soda package is no longer offered and Princess now offers a bottled water package. I had previously ordered the soda package but not yet paid for it - when I try to pay I just get the "spinning wheel of death" and can't get any further. Has anyone else noticed this change?

Maybe call Princess? There might be something wrong with the website. (if one CSR can't help you, ask to speak with a supervisor or say thank you and redial and hope to get a different CSR)

When I was on Ruby in May, they were trying to force an upsell

to the 'n more package. The bar manager told me that the

unlimited soda package was being eliminated.

I a week-or-two ago, I purchase the unlimited soda package online

for an upcoming cruise.

I noticed a day-or-two ago (as others have) that the unlimited soda

package is not longer available, and there is now a bottled water package.

Carnival added a bottled water package when they severely limited

what could be brought on board.

Perhaps this is foreshadowing the same on Princess?

Who knows...

Does anyone know what kind of bottled water is usually offered? I'm sure it's not premium for $6.90

It's probably like most bottled water people purchase: Straight from the Fresno municipal water source or some other city water supply. :rolleyes:

I noticed that for our upcoming cruise it was still available but they took away the "shakes" portion of it.

FWIW, that's the only reason for it, if the shakes aren't included we'll be dropping it.

Shakes are still included except for the ships that don't have the ice cream bar

We were confused about the 'shakes" portion as well since some places on the Princess site specifically name shakes and others do not. What we learned is that not all cruises have an ice cream bar/location. If there is an ice cream outlet on the ship, shakes are included. They were definitely included on our 11/29/15 cruise.

It's probably like most bottled water people purchase: Straight from the Fresno municipal water source or some other city water supply. :rolleyes:

I doubt any water from fresno ends up on a ship sailing from ft. lauderdale.

I think it's crystal geyser brand.

Just off the Crown (11/28) and the soda package was still available. However, I did note that they were really pushing bottled water sales (Crystal Geyser), both in the cabin and with employees walking around dining venues, etc., trying to sell bottled water for excursions, etc. I really found it strange that main dining room breakfast and lunches were interrupted with on-going attempts to sell water "for excursions"

Just off the Crown (11/28) and the soda package was still available. However, I did note that they were really pushing bottled water sales (Crystal Geyser), both in the cabin and with employees walking around dining venues, etc., trying to sell bottled water for excursions, etc. I really found it strange that main dining room breakfast and lunches were interrupted with on-going attempts to sell water "for excursions"

Was it soda or soda and more that was available.

I came across it as well this week. My cabin roommate bought the Soda Package last week. Then I logged in this week to buy my pass and the basic Soda Package was removed and "The More" soda package is available for our Royal Princess Cruise in February. I called Princess up and tried to get the same rate my cabin mate purchased and they wouldn't give me it. Which I thought was rude. So his soda package cost $5/day and mine cost $8/day. Go figure..

plan a couple of months ago, and I guess it is still being honored.

Now a separate water package is being offered---

I still need to stop at the CVS in Fort Lauderdale to get a few things- I usually purchase water very cheaply there. Now I am wondering if Princess will take those water bottles to the naughty room-- I don't want to pay an extra $12.00 or so to Princess since I will be at CVS anyway. (I have a rolling duffel, with luggage tag, that I always check in with my luggage--never had a problem with that.) So now I am wondering if Princess is changing over to Carnival's policies. If that is the case, then I won't get my usual water, and just purchase their water plan. But I am leaving next week and not sure what to do.

plan a couple of months ago, and I guess it is still being honored.

Now a separate water package is being offered---

I still need to stop at the CVS in Fort Lauderdale to get a few things- I usually purchase water very cheaply there. Now I am wondering if Princess will take those water bottles to the naughty room-- I don't want to pay an extra $12.00 or so to Princess since I will be at CVS anyway. (I have a rolling duffel, with luggage tag, that I always check in with my luggage--never had a problem with that.) So now I am wondering if Princess is changing over to Carnival's policies. If that is the case, then I won't get my usual water, and just purchase their water plan. But I am leaving next week and not sure what to do.

My guesses--they will honor the soda package that was purchased on line. As to bringing water on board, there is no published policy yet that says it is not allowed. There are rumors of porters saying they can't check cases of water, but not saying you can't bring it in as a carry on or in a container other than an obvious case of water. They still allow you to bring soda on board.

Oh no....we are up in arms on the Celeb thread b/c they are taking off daily botted water from Aquaclass...one of the nce perks incuded in the fare when booked.. They are pushing pakages with water....

Guess there is alot of profit in water!

Hope we can bring bottled water on our Ruby cruise...I prefer Fiji

Edited by hcat