Regal 1/3/16 Port order changed.

CineGraphic

I'm posting this here, because our roll-call isn't that big, in hopes that everyone who needs to see this, does.

The itinerary for our cruise has just been changed. Same ports, just in reverse order.

This is our new itinerary:

1/3 Depart PE

1/4 At sea

1/5 At sea

1/6 St Martin

1/7 St Thomas

1/8 At sea

1/9 Princess Cays

1/10 Arrive PE

Our roll-call can be found at the link below. We have a slot-pull scheduled for 1/5, and there's interest in setting up a meet & greet but no set plans as of yet. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2202953

I wasn't notified, another passenger noticed it on the cruise personalizer, and I called Princess to confirm.

I looked at a web site that is banned here, and noticed

that Allure OTS, Regal and Royal were all supposed to

be in St. Thomas at the same time.

It used to be that the giant OTSs had to go to crown bay,

and it they did, another large ship could not be there as well,

and would have to go to havensite.

They were supposed to dredge around crown bay, so I don't

know if there is still the single large ship restriction, or not.

Thank you, I thought so but google was really not helping. I kept getting both answers.

I don't think Havensite will be correct.

When Crown Bay was first developed to handle cruise ships,

Carnival corp entered into a deal to use Crown Bay in exchange

for reduced port charges.

So, if possible, Carnival corp ships will go to crown bay.

So, crown bay is most likely for any princess ship, unless

there are too many large ships to fit.

FWIW, we were at Crown Bay last week, but on the original itinerary.

Also, I think I would have liked this. I have decided I really like having a sea day first off to get my bearings. I wasn't a fan of boarding and then having a port the next morning.

Since several websites say we will be at different docks in St. Thomas, I gave Princess a call. Initially, the agent couldn't find the right information, but after checking with his superiors, he informed me that we will be docking at Crown Bay. Sorry for the confusion, hopefully this clears things up.

Edited by CineGraphic

Since several websites say we will be at different docks in St. Thomas, I gave Princess a call. Initially, the agent couldn't find the right information, but after checking with his superiors, he informed me that we will be docking at Crown Bay. Sorry for the confusion, hopefully this clears things up.

They would be the last to know. :eek:

If you call again you may get Havensight. ;)

Thanks for the update, hopefully nothing changes! I have an excursion booked and I was trying to figure everything out. Thanks for calling.

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to get to Havensite from Crown Bay? It doesn't seem to far on a map, could you walk it?

Also, when it says we are there from 8am-5pm, what time are we actually docked? Are we allowed to get off right at 8? And how soon before 5pm do we need to be back on? I have a lot of dumb questions since this is only my 2nd cruise :rolleyes:

Edited by s_mich

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to get to Havensite from Crown Bay? It doesn't seem to far on a map, could you walk it?

Also, when it says we are there from 8am-5pm, what time are we actually docked? Are we allowed to get off right at 8? And how soon before 5pm do we need to be back on? I have a lot of dumb questions since this is only my 2nd cruise :rolleyes:

We walk to town every time from either one but have never walked from one to the other.

Its about 20 minute walk from Havensight to town.

Its about 25-30 walk from Crown Bay to town.

So it would be a good hour from one to the other.

I say just get a cab.

If the in port time is 8:00am then the ships arrival may be around 7:30. The ship is usually cleared by the local authorities within 30 minutes and passengers are clear to disembark.

Back onboard time is listed in the Patter and posted at the gangway when you walk off. Always check this when you leave the ship! I take a picture of it. ;)

Onboard time is always 30 minutes prior to departure.

If its a tender port then the Patter and the sign at the gangway will list the time of the last tender from shore.

Thanks for the update, hopefully nothing changes! I have an excursion booked and I was trying to figure everything out. Thanks for calling.

You will get a cab to Havensight from Crown Bay. Probably a cab downtown then a second one to Crown Bay. I think it is at least 4 miles but I could be wrong. I wouldn't try walking it. Too far in the heat.

You will be able to get off the ship once docked and cleared. It is usually a tad earlier than stated but not always. It could be later as well. You will need to be back on board 30 minutes prior to the posted departure time. So for a 5pm departure be back no later than 4:30. You do not want to be left behind.

Have a great cruise!