Do they ever read their own PR blurb?

Wiltonian

From an email from Princess to UK customers this morning:

"As well as this, 200 interconnecting doors have been added to 100 staterooms for families who book rooms next to each other."

Now, 100 doors to connect 100 pairs of rooms makes sense, but 200 doors for 100 staterooms sounds. . . . . incredible. Literally.

Stuart

I'm curious, OP, which ship the announcement refers to. In my experience, Princess has the fewest connecting cabins of all the family friendly cruise lines. Definitely a plus for our family if they introduce on many ships.

Emerald princess

Is the doorway used by one or two doors? Sometimes there's only one door.

My experience with the connecting cabins is that there are 2 doors which can be locked. Both doors have to be unlocked and opened to connect the rooms. Both sides must agree to opening the doors.

This provides security in those cases where people my have an "adjoining" room by default--they don't know the people next door and don't want the door open. Either side has the ability to lock out the other side. Also, the two door concept makes it more quiet.

"As well as this, 200 interconnecting doors have been added to 100 staterooms for families who book rooms next to each other."

In / Out?

Men / Women?

Assuming each room has a door on its side of the opening,

I think the number of doors required is (n - 1) * 2

In / Out?

Men / Women?

Assuming each room has a door on its side of the opening,

I think the number of doors required is (n - 1) * 2

I think not; 2 doors for each 'connection' and 2 rooms connected by each connection suggests number of doors = number of rooms.

Unless the rooms are connected to both adjacent rooms, in which case their original figures might almost work, except for rooms at the end of the "chain". But generally, I don't think rooms are connected "both ways", are they?

Stuart

Stuart

Edited by Wiltonian

It works out if each of the hundred rooms is connected to 2 rooms and each doorway has two doors....and the rooms are in a circle, otherwise if rooms are in a line, the end rooms would likely only have one door......unless....there are doors that aren't connected to doorways....nevermind...my head hurts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now, 100 doors to connect 100 pairs of rooms makes sense, but 200 doors for 100 staterooms sounds. . . . . incredible. Literally.

Stuart

It's simple. You're confusing doors with doorways. Each doorway has to have two doors so each room can lock out access from the other room.

Each room has a door on each side. That's two doors per room. 100x2=200.

Likely the Engineer explained it to the Marketing person who explained it to the PR person who ...

... I'm thinking the Engineer said: "to 100 rooms we added 2 connecting doors"

and Marketing took it from there

Basically, Lew is right :cool:

Stuart

It takes only one doorway to convert two adjacent cabins to interconnecting cabins. If 100 cabins were converted, that would require 50 doorways.

If each doorway has two doors, (as they should for security reasons), that would add up to 100 doors needed.

I would think they should have worded the email to state that X number of pairs of interconnected cabins are now available.

It takes only one doorway to convert two adjacent cabins to interconnecting cabins. If 100 cabins were converted, that would require 50 doorways.

If each doorway has two doors, (as they should for security reasons), that would add up to 100 doors needed.

I would think they should have worded the email to state that X number of pairs of interconnected cabins are now available.

That's true if you only connect room 101 to room 102, 103 to 104, etc. But it isn't true if you connect room 101 to 102 to 103 to 104, etc., where each room has a doorway on two sides.

I doubt any mop any reads their own PR.

I have a habit of looking at ads and promos etc and putting the bad spin on them, it's a laugh, but I'm sure the companies never look at it, because sim interpretations, that are actually logical are hilarious.