Do you Dress for Dinner?

Jeff&Mel

If by "dressing up" you mean, do I wear a tuxedo? The answer would be, no I do not. My name is not "Lord Grantham" and furthermore I do not belong to a country club, have never belonged to a country club, do not wish to belong to a country club, nor do I want to pretend that I belong to a country club.

That being said and for those who concern themselves with such, I do wear a dress shirt, tie, blazer, nice slacks and shined shoes on the so-called formal nights. On other nights I wear a shirt with a collar and long pants. I have never worn a hat or wife beater shirt in the MDR not do I wear shorts in the evening.

LOL- this gave me a good chuckle this morning :)

Yes we dress nicely for dinner on all nights.

DH wears chinos and a long sleeve sport shirt, either plain or printed.

I wear a dress except for the first and last night, then it is capris with a nice top. For formal nights, I wear a cocktail dress and DH will wear his tux.

We dress because we like to feel good and get out of jeans and casual wear.

This sounds exactly like me! I love dressing up for dinner even on nights that are not formal :)

We always dress for dinner. We frown on naked people in the dining room. :p

Seriously, though, we do enjoy dressing up on formal nights (or whatever they choose to call them now). DH dons his tux and I put on my long gown. We know that it's not everyone's "thing" but it's fun for us. And we don't care what anyone else is wearing. (as long as they're not naked!)

We always dress for dinner. We frown on naked people in the dining room. :p

Seriously, though, we do enjoy dressing up on formal nights (or whatever they choose to call them now). DH dons his tux and I put on my long gown. We know that it's not everyone's "thing" but it's fun for us. And we don't care what anyone else is wearing. (as long as they're not naked!)

I have been waiting for the "nakedness" comment :D

Yes

I always sail in the caribbean and for me dressing up for dinner is not an effort for us. I go to the windjammer for a quick snack wearing sandals and short but when the 830pm comes I wear nice shoes jeans and shirt. Formal night will be with a suit and tie. I dress well in my city when I go out why shouldn't I do it onboard the cruise

Edited by mcatmcat

:) I am sorry. Maybe I wasn't clear. I am dressing up for dinner- I always do :)

In Europe it is pretty much the norm that people dress for dinner- I was just wondering if people do the same sailing out of the U.S. to the Caribbean? :)

No worries. Some people on this subject just feel the need to declare they they don't care what other people wear and suggest that you shouldn't either. We always dress nicely for dinner. On designated formal nights, I'll wear either a suit or tuxedo, and my wife will wear a nice cocktail dress. For casual nights, it will be slacks and usually either a "polo" or Hawaiian style shirt.

There is always quite a range of dress, but I would say that I usually fit somewhere pretty much in the middle on most nights.