Port Everglades Ft Lauderdale Rental Car question

rxyoubet

QUESTION about PORT EVERGLADES and car rental. We will be flying into FLL on Jan 15th and staying in FL for 2 days prior to cruise, getting a rental car when we arrive in FL and keeping it until the day of cruise from the FL airport. My question is: If I return the rental car to Port Everglades rental return (not at the airport)....is it an easy walk to the Carnival Conquest dock with our luggage? We aren't sure if we should return it to the airport where we will pick it up or return it to Port Everglades port return. We could taxi from the airport to port if its not an easy walk from the rental return at the port. Thanks for any information!

QUESTION about PORT EVERGLADES and car rental. We will be flying into FLL on Jan 15th and staying in FL for 2 days prior to cruise, getting a rental car when we arrive in FL and keeping it until the day of cruise from the FL airport. My question is: If I return the rental car to Port Everglades rental return (not at the airport)....is it an easy walk to the Carnival Conquest dock with our luggage? We aren't sure if we should return it to the airport where we will pick it up or return it to Port Everglades port return. We could taxi from the airport to port if its not an easy walk from the rental return at the port. Thanks for any information!

You might want to post this on the Florida Departures Board too: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

My husband and son dropped my DIL and me off at the port with all the bags. Then they returned the car and were scooted up to the front of the line as they really needed to get more cas for the people picking up. They were told there was a free shuttle to the port but when they checked it out found they would have to wait until the shuttle filled up. So they grabbed a taxi for the short ride to the port and tipped well. It's so cute that two grown men were so excited they couldn't wait to get back to the ship.

It's about a five minute walk with luggage from any port entrance to the cruise terminal. A few minutes more to most of the rental offices.

Most of the rental companies do run a no cost shuttle to and from the port. As others have reported, some times one has a bit of a wait for the shuttle.

You could have the rental car driver drop off everyone else with the luggage. Then return the car and walk, cab, or shuttle back to the terminal. Driver should not forget to keep their passport and cruise documents to re-enter the port.

No, none within the Port. There is one on 17th not too far outside of the Port. Not sure which brand(s), discussed on the Florida Departures board regularly.

There are two on 17th Street.......

One is Budget at The Quay and the other is at Hyatt Pier 66. I think that one is Avis

I was surprised by OP's post as I never heard of any car rental facility at Port Everglades other than the shuttles that take renters back and forth.

Edited by sail7seas

It's about a five minute walk with luggage from any port entrance to the cruise terminal. A few minutes more to most of the rental offices.

Huh? Maybe to Terminal 2/4 to the 17th Street side, but not from Terminal 21, or 25, or several other Terminals.

Sorry, but this is very confusing, if not flat out wrong info.

Most of the rental companies do run a no cost shuttle to and from the port. As others have reported, some times one has a bit of a wait for the shuttle.

You could have the rental car driver drop off everyone else with the luggage. Then return the car and walk, cab, or shuttle back to the terminal. Driver should not forget to keep their passport and cruise documents to re-enter the port.

This is absolutely not accurate information for Port Everglades.

OP, please do not depend upon this post when making your plans.

Huh? Maybe to Terminal 2/4 to the 17th Street side, but not from Terminal 21, or 25, or several other Terminals.

Sorry, but this is very confusing, if not flat out wrong info.

My bad. Faulty memory combined with fixation on one location.

Thanks all! I just booked a convertible for $22 per day. Picking it up at the airport and dropping off at airport. For that price, we can get a taxi to the port from the airport if there isn't a shuttle. I feel pretty lucky with that price :). 3 weeks from today and we'll be sailing away from Ft. Lauderdale! Thanks again!