Celebrity price just dropped...

cruise4parents

Anything I can do? It's for February 12th. Upgrades? Ship money? Reduced fare? Dropped a significant amount per ticket.

How about a probably. Even though you are past final payment you may be able to upgrade to a cabin that has fallen in price to match what you have paid for your current cabin.. call your TA. happy cruising

Had exact same issue. Had a sky suite paid full fare. A week or so after final payment price dropped over 900.00 per person. Cruise lines usually do nothing after final payment and was so annoyed. Luckily I had a great TA who had a contact at Celebrity, took about 3 weeks of telephone tag, but we did end up getting upgraded to a Celebrity Suite with no loss of perks. Speak to your TA to see what they can do.

How about a probably. Even though you are past final payment you may be able to upgrade to a cabin that has fallen in price to match what you have paid for your current cabin.. call your TA. happy cruising

I usually pick a cabin that I am happy with. Cabin upgrade to me is one of the last things that I would want. I would prefer OBC, free pictures or specialty dining so much more.

Good luck OP I hope you are happy with the outcome.

To the OP - Possibly because of the advice people on these boards give to call and call and nag and nag, some of the cruise lines including Celebrity have dug in and reduced last minute price drops and changes. The advice given as to what worked in years past is probably just that. While I would not suggest you don't try, I would not get frustrated if you are unsuccessful. You booked your cruise at a price you thought was reasonable. Don't forget that people who book late do not get a selection of the better cabins or dining times or possibly airfare. Often that better price is a guarantee and by the time you add all the fees and the loss of perks it may not be as good a price as it appears at first glance.

Enjoy your cruise.

To the OP - Possibly because of the advice people on these boards give to call and call and nag and nag, some of the cruise lines including Celebrity have dug in and reduced last minute price drops and changes. The advice given as to what worked in years past is probably just that. While I would not suggest you don't try, I would not get frustrated if you are unsuccessful. You booked your cruise at a price you thought was reasonable. Don't forget that people who book late do not get a selection of the better cabins or dining times or possibly airfare. Often that better price is a guarantee and by the time you add all the fees and the loss of perks it may not be as good a price as it appears at first glance.

Enjoy your cruise.

Good advice - great if you can get on-board credit, but there is nothing owed to you, so don't sweat living with the deal you would have been very happy with if prices had gone up in stead of down.