Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina or GalleryOne??

js4rq

Hello,

We are doing a Panama canal cruise in October next year, and looking at either staying at Hilton Fort Lauderdale or GalleryOne.

The MARINA STANDARD GUESTROOM - KING BED at Hilton Fort Lauderdale and CITY VIEW-BALCONY-LIVING ROOM- 1 KING SUITE at GalleryOne are the same price.

Hilton Fort Lauderdale has a cruise shuttle and breakfast package at $179/night. I know the hotel is not far from the port, and we can easily get a taxi or shuttle. But, is the cruise shuttle and breakfast package good value?? Or would we be best off just booking a room?

We want to be of walking distance to restaurants, and water taxi stop. We also plan on doing the Jungle Queen morning cruise or afternoon island cruise.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :D

This was the same choice I was looking at. We decided on Galleryone because the Galleria mall is a half block away, lots of restaurant in walking distance and there is a water taxi stop at the hotel.

We will be staying there for 4 days pre-cruise and the Galleryone also has a kitchen which was a plus and Publix grocery across the road.

We will be taking a pre-arranged taxi to the port.

We have stayed at gallery one for last 3 cruises and have it booked again for next March. There is a CVS Drug store a short distance away, also a Publix supermarket (with a reasonable selection of wines), a Starbucks and the galleria mall. Several good restaurants close by.

Breakfast at Gallery one is expensive, but there are options across the road in a small coffee shop, or Starbucks or in the food court in Galleria mall.

Thanks everyone.

What roomtype at Gallery One would you recommend? The Water view king suite is only $12/night more than the city view.

They have a pre cruise package at $169 which includes accommodation with Complimentary Continental Breakfast for two people. Transportation included for two people from hotel to Port Everglades only between 11am-2pm. Would this be a good deal?

Thanks! :)

Edited by js4rq

I booked the water view queen suite with balcony. If you book water view you will see the private luxury yachts cruising the intercostal water way.

The pre cruise package you quote is great and I would have jumped on that. The rate for my room in April 2016 is $168 and does not include anything just room.

You can find the hotel on tripadvisor and see many pictures there of the different views.

I just booked a room at this Hotel (through the MVP site). $123 (plus tax)

for Cityview Queen.

I can add the package it would be $184 (plus tax).

How much is a taxi to the port? I am just trying to do the math.

Here my thinking:

Continental breakfast (coffee and doughnuts) 2X$5

Taxi ?

I'm not seeing that the above is equal or greater than $61 in value. Am I wrong?

We have added Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale to the list of hotels we're looking at staying at...the hotel looks nice. I will have to do some research, to narrow it down! :D

Thanks again for your help everyone. :cool:

Thanks everyone.

What roomtype at Gallery One would you recommend? The Water view king suite is only $12/night more than the city view.

They have a pre cruise package at $169 which includes accommodation with Complimentary Continental Breakfast for two people. Transportation included for two people from hotel to Port Everglades only between 11am-2pm. Would this be a good deal?

Thanks! :)

If the Water view is only $12/night then I would go for it - but ask for a room to rear of hotel. We have had City View - some traffic noise, Side Water View - noise from bridge lifts, rear water view - nice!

Taxi to port is no more than $25 - $30, but I would be inclined to go for the Pre cruise package. (unless the room only rate is coming in at less than $110.

Did you check the rates on Hilton MVP?

If the Water view is only $12/night then I would go for it - but ask for a room to rear of hotel. We have had City View - some traffic noise, Side Water View - noise from bridge lifts, rear water view - nice!

Taxi to port is no more than $25 - $30, but I would be inclined to go for the Pre cruise package. (unless the room only rate is coming in at less than $110.

Thanks for that. :)

The rates mentioned in this thread are MVP rates.

We are tossing up between Gallery One and Bahir Mar. :rolleyes: decisions, decisions! :D

MVP rate was $123 for City View (plus tax)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to know if the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina has a hot tub? I'm staying there later this month, and I haven't spotted one in any pictures of the property.

Edited by cms1987

Which beach does Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina's beach shuttle do drop off's at? Do they offer return transportation to the hotel as well?

Thank you!

Does anyone happen to know if the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina has a hot tub? I'm staying there later this month, and I haven't spotted one in any pictures of the property.

If no one responds, why not give them a call and ask?

Edited by capriccio