Beverage packages - confused...

sollan

Have been doing two TA's and haven't been able to purchase any beverage packages on anyone.

I'm also very sure that I -somewhere on X's site - have read that TA's, transpacific's and some other cruises are excluded from the possibility to buy a package. Now I can't find that anymore, it just say "Availability of beverage packages varies by ship."

I have now seen that people says that these packages ARE avaliable on TA's.

comment

"Beverage packages are certainly available on transatlantic/pacific cruises...just not part of the "Go Big, Better, Best" promotion. Get your facts straight, Cruise Critic"

Whats true?? Celebritys site isn't very clear here...

Is that true!? :eek:

I have been denied to buy a package for both TA's, 2012 and 2014... Celebrity has just said: "NO - you can NOT buy a beverage package for a TA"

Or is it changed after 2014?

Okay, now that you know that X has said no, my next two (2) questions are as follows:

1) How many agents have you tried and if more than two (2) then the answer is now obviously NO; and,

2) What do you expect posters to CC do about it, if one person says yes you can purchase the package, do you think that X will give you a package based on what a poster here has said?

bon voyage and hopefully there will be an exception and no more confusion, for you...

Edited by Bo1953

Okay, now that you know that X has said no, my next two (2) questions are as follows:

1) How many agents have you tried and if more than two (2) then the answer is now obviously NO; and,

2) What do you expect posters to CC do about it, if one person says yes you can purchase the package, do you think that X will give you a package based on what a poster here has said?

bon voyage and hopefully there will be an exception and no more confusion, for you...

I haven't expected anyone "to do" anything. The majority of the CC members are usually very helpful and willing to share their experiences. Haven't expected anything more then that and certainly not this kind of comments.

What I still hope for is if anyone can show me where X says TA's excluded (if thats true) or if the rules has changed since 2014.

I read this posting and then went to my reservation on the Celebrity site. I am booked on a TA in April 2016. Once I logged in, I was able to go to the "already booked" area and select the beverage package and clicked on one of them and I could add it to my reservation. You might want to try it and see if you are able. Otherwise call your travel agent or call celebrity directly.

We are not planning to add a beverage package. We are going to bring on board, soda's and two bottles of wine. We will see if we can make it through the 13 days without charging more than two drinks a day.

What this is, they do not offer a drink package "for free" in their perks for any trans-ocean sailing. You can purchase a drink package on your own, for the regular daily rate. We did this for a TA we did on Equinox, but they would not give this as part of the 1-2-3 Perks package. They don't offer a package as a perk for any trans-ocean sailings because they found they lost a lot of money due to the fact that you're on the ship for so many days, and people were drinking a lot.

I read this posting and then went to my reservation on the Celebrity site. I am booked on a TA in April 2016. Once I logged in, I was able to go to the "already booked" area and select the beverage package and clicked on one of them and I could add it to my reservation. You might want to try it and see if you are able. Otherwise call your travel agent or call celebrity directly.

We are not planning to add a beverage package. We are going to bring on board, soda's and two bottles of wine. We will see if we can make it through the 13 days without charging more than two drinks a day.

Thanks a lot! It must have been some changes since our last TA when I tried to purchase the package (no perk). Very nice to learn about this!

Thanks again and a Merry Chrismas!

Thanks a lot! It must have been some changes since our last TA when I tried to purchase the package (no perk). Very nice to learn about this!

Thanks again and a Merry Chrismas!

Which TAs were you on exactly? If you post the exact cruises then maybe someone can tell you if they purchased one on board one of those cruises. And when did you try and purchase the package was in during the last 3 or 4 days? I have never seen anything from Celebrity that has stated that on cannot buy a drink package on a TA. Just not the BBB. I wonder if someone perhaps gave you some bad information or misunderstood the question.

One could purchase a drink package on the November 2013 Reflection and the October 2015 Silhouette which are the only two TAs that I have direct experience.

Enjoy you next TA with the drink package.

Edited: I see that sollan was on the Eclipse TA April 2014 and the Constellation TA October 2013.

Was anyone else on those cruises able to buy a drink package and/or saw the packages advertised on board. It was during the same time frame as my TAs that had the drink packages and I would say they are always over pro,opted and advertised.

Edited by jagoffee

Is that true!? :eek:

I have been denied to buy a package for both TA's, 2012 and 2014... Celebrity has just said: "NO - you can NOT buy a beverage package for a TA"

Or is it changed after 2014?

Did you try to buy one on the ship? The last TA I took was in December 2012 on the Silhouette and I bought a beverage package (Premium Non-alcoholic) on board. I recall them advertising all of the beverage packages on board including the packages that included alcohol.

Edited by Lsimon

Did you try to buy one on the ship? The last TA I took was in December 2012 on the Silhouette and I bought a beverage package (Premium Non-alcoholic) on board. I recall them advertising all of the beverage packages on board including the packages that included alcohol.

If you call and specially say you want to buy a beverage package and are not asking to get it as a perk you may get a different answer.

Sometimes people hear what they expect to hear and they probably get a lot more people calling wanting it a perk on a TA than people looking to actually pay money to buy it.